• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
No ELITE teams for years, dwindling interest, etc. I think it's warranted.
To me the pac isn’t really any worse than big12, as an example. I’d take Oregon most years over the okie teams. The pac is always devouring itself and I think that’s a huge contributor to the perception of the league. And that matters because they play a 9 game schedule so there are more in conference losses.

To me though, actually watching the games, the pac12 is quite a bit better in terms of overall talent than it was during the days chip Kelly was dominating the conference at oregon. Those seasons were routinely filled with 53-14 in conference snoozefests. Was chip that amazing or is the competition better now?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
CALEB for sure going to USC. Not sure about RATTLER. He probably goes elsewhere.

OU is fucked for the next 5 years, just in time to get pwned by WOO PIG.

Craig7835

I'd be shocked if Stoops doesn't torpedo him. They had quite a falling out when Stoops fired him instead of his idiot brother. And I don't think Heupel has any real loyalty towards OU as a result. Better job than Tennessee, but given the outsized expectations at OU, maybe not.

I believe Brent Venables had some heat with Stoops as well. He tried to block Venables from leaving for Clemson's defensive coordinator spot. Heupel is a longshot to go back to Chokelahoma & even if he was offered he'll say No

Last edited:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
To me the pac isn’t really any worse than big12, as an example. I’d take Oregon most years over the okie teams. The pac is always devouring itself and I think that’s a huge contributor to the perception of the league. And that matters because they play a 9 game schedule so there are more in conference losses.

To me though, actually watching the games, the pac12 is quite a bit better in terms of overall talent than it was during the days chip Kelly was dominating the conference at oregon. Those seasons were routinely filled with 53-14 in conference snoozefests. Was chip that amazing or is the competition better now?

Overall, no, there's not a huge difference between the Pac and Big 12, especially in the middle. But the top of the Big 12 (OU mainly) has been better than the top of the Pac for years.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda

S&P+ would disagree with you. Oregon falls just behind Baylor, OU, and of course Oklahoma State.

S&P+ also has the PAC-12 closer to AAC than the rest of the power 5.

Overall, the PAC is suffering from market trends it appears but hopefully Riley can help reverse some of that.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Overall, no, there's not a huge difference between the Pac and Big 12, especially in the middle. But the top of the Big 12 (OU mainly) has been better than the top of the Pac for years.
How is OU + one of OSU, Baylor each year appreciably different from UO + one of Utah, Stanford or whatever each year? There is always going to be the one team that everyone is shooting to beat (UO, OU), with the second tier pretty much always being filled by the same 2-3 teams each year that have a reasonable shot of winning their conference and/or spoiling the frontrunner’s playoff run. To me the gap between conferences is widely overstated in general.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
How is OU + one of OSU, Baylor each year appreciably different from UO + one of Utah, Stanford or whatever each year? There is always going to be the one team that everyone is shooting to beat (UO, OU), with the second tier pretty much always being filled by the same 2-3 teams each year that have a reasonable shot of winning their conference and/or spoiling the frontrunner’s playoff run. To me the gap between conferences is widely overstated in general.

The difference is the Pac-12 hasn't had a legit playoff contender since Washington in 2016 and even then they kinda made it by default.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
If they don't want to get exposed yeah they will go East to get more exposed. You probably have forgotten that Jalen Hurts had a good season under Riley

I don't know, I don't think Jalen Hurts needed to develop as much as people think. Like yeah they were down 13-0 to Georgia and Tua saved the day or whatever but that Georgia defense wasn't a bunch of bums either.

Mame YO

slings rocks
The difference is the Pac-12 hasn't had a legit playoff contender since Washington in 2016 and even then they kinda made it by default.
Again though, it makes me think of the chip era at Oregon. The rest of the conference wasn’t doing great and Oregon benefited in terms of national perception even though their success was at least in part because of the weakness of the conference during those years. Oregon-USC was a big game because USC but USC was never very good during those years (although I was there in Eugene when USC’s receivers dominated in an upset win for USC). How was Oklahoma’s recent winning streak really any different to Oregon’s dominance during those years? Aren’t you mostly just beating up on weaker teams too?

obviously this wouldn’t even be a discussion if we had a 6 or 8 team playoff with p5 conference champions getting an automatic berth. Lots of good teams left out of the playoff because they played other good teams.

I guess the main difference in our thinking, is that I don’t see parity as a sign of weakness.

Ander1345

I'm going to pretend this wakes CHIP up because thinking about OLD CHIP vs LINCOLN.... is a pipe dream and probably won't ever happen. But if it did tho

OLD CHIP would be bringing some new age wishbone shit with like a million moving pieces to counter RPO or whatever, but that BCS championship game just flipped a switch in him or something.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Again though, it makes me think of the chip era at Oregon. The rest of the conference wasn’t doing great and Oregon benefited in terms of national perception even though their success was at least in part because of the weakness of the conference during those years. Oregon-USC was a big game because USC but USC was never very good during those years (although I was there in Eugene when USC’s receivers dominated in an upset win for USC). How was Oklahoma’s recent winning streak really any different to Oregon’s dominance during those years? Aren’t you mostly just beating up on weaker teams too?

obviously this wouldn’t even be a discussion if we had a 6 or 8 team playoff with p5 conference champions getting an automatic berth. Lots of good teams left out of the playoff because they played other good teams.

I guess the main difference in our thinking, is that I don’t see parity as a sign of weakness.

Parity isn't necessarily a sign of weakness for a conference but not having an elite team standing out and contending for the playoff year after year (even if it's different teams) is what hurts the Pac's perception, fair or not.

Ander1345

maybe don’t be a amateur bitch maid conference and have your conference title games on a Friday night at 8 EASTERN or get network that can be seen by the entire country?

LARRY SCOTT CHOKE ON MY DONG

With a score display with a higher resolution than the year 1995.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
When RATTLER stays at OU and Corch Riley and Caleb Williams go to USC.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Dang. Didn't expect LinkedIn O-O-O-Riley to come to town.

My top three were Fickell, Aranda, and Campbell.

Second tier would've been Franklin (sad), O'Brien, Sitake.

But thought we'd end up with someone along the lines of old ass Whittingham, a LANE or SARK redux, or other similar disaster.

Would have preferred the type of teams that Aranda and Fickell built at their respective schools, but OU has been at more or less a very high level for the last 20 years while SC has been mostly down the last 10. This year was horse shit and Donte Williams looks like he's even more lost than his predecessor.

Welp - To Orlano (no d in his name) - kindly GTFO. Don't even clean out your locker, we'll send that shit to your next stop in the CFL. Your defenses can't defend for more than 3 downs anyway. Graham Harrell - kindly fuck urself. Maybe your buddy KLIFF (who I'm convinced recommended you to USC specifically to fuck over the program) will have a jerb for you at AIRRAIDZONA. You certainly don't deserve a shot anywhere else.

To whoever the new S&C corch is- please, bring back the steroids. That kale and watercress diet don't work on the offensive linemen.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I really dont understand why LSU wouldn't jump infront of Florida for Napier...

I don’t think that Napier is the kind of coach that our AD typically aims for. His coaching hires so far at LSU have been Kim Mulkey (WBB national titles at Baylor) and Jay Johnson (CWS title appearance at Arizona). At A&M, he hired Jimbo Fisher and Buzz Williams (Sweet 16 at VT). At Washington he hired Chris Petersen (multiple BCS bowl victories at Boise). Prior to Petersen, his first football hire at Washington was then-USC OC Steve Sarkisian, and that was coming off of an 0-12 season.

Given his track record, I expect a guy who has had elite results on a national stage, and probably from a P5 program. I think Napier is a good coach who has led ULL to unprecedented levels of success, and I think that he will be successful in the SEC (although who knows with Florida, I thought Dan Mullen was a slam dunk hire for them).

digs

sun of nothing

I usually agree that the Pac gets the shaft but they're laughably bad this year and likely will be for the next 2-5 years

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The Pac-12 got interesting and pretty good when LEACH, DICKROD, and Graham showed up (along with Mora). Even better when Petersen got hired at UDub. And then all those guys left/got fired around the same time and the conference turned to ass. The parity argument was more true when they were there. The last two years, the conference has just sucked.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Honestly Venables prolly wouldn't be a bad HC as long as he has a good OC and someone who can run his defense without him doing everything.