• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Eew they got swept by the Twins? Good god I didnt know they are that bad. Maybe I was wrong and they really need him.

Wolfman21

Eew they got swept by the Twins? Good god I didnt know they are that bad. Maybe I was wrong and they really need him.

Twins have the best offense in the majors since July 2nd and a winning record in their last few weeks. I know you trolling Cuz that's you, just wanted to throw some facts on the table.

Also, talking about how bad the Braves are doesn't bother me in the slightest. Of course they're shit. That's kinda the plan...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Twins have the best offense in the majors since July 2nd and a winning record in their last few weeks. I know you trolling Cuz that's you, just wanted to throw some facts on the table.

Also, talking about how bad the Braves are doesn't bother me in the slightest. Of course they're shit. That's kinda the plan...
I love arbitrary date stats.

For real though, I like when teams go for it. It makes things more fun. It didn't work out for the D-Backs, but I like pulling the trigger on a good 25 year old pitcher with 3 years of control. I don't think the Braves got some crazy return either. I think this trade needs more time.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They were definitely rightabout Yasmany Tomas who is Inciarte's replacement and why they wanted to move him. If AJ Pollock didn't get hurt and Miller was 2015 Miller the trade would've been even.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I love arbitrary date stats.

For real though, I like when teams go for it. It makes things more fun. It didn't work out for the D-Backs, but I like pulling the trigger on a good 25 year old pitcher with 3 years of control. I don't think the Braves got some crazy return either. I think this trade needs more time.
The actual problem is Shelby Miller isnt really that good of a pitcher. Hes in that Andrew Cashner/Jarred Cosart mold where they have MLB quality stuff in terms of a fastball and another pitch or two... but they either just have no idea how to pitch or have severe command issues. A guy with that kind of stuff shouldnt be averaging 6 K/9.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He definitely got lucky with his HRs last year, .57 was basically half his career average. I don't know if he'll ever get fixed

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Hate to agree with ol' ShookWolf but he's actually right on this. Not sure if Paul Molitor is holding family members of the starting nine hostage or what, but it looks like a different team since early July.

This. The D-bags gambled on improving the rotation leading to an increase in wins and came up with snake eyes. Reminds me a lot of the Wil Myers-Trea Turner-Steven Souza Jr trade a couple of years ago and everyone calling the Padres idiots for dealing Turner and Joe Ross.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Good god how bad do you have to be to have some 'winning weeks' lately and have the 'best offense since this random date i circled' and still be like 5 games up on the Braves.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Good god how bad do you have to be to have some 'winning weeks' lately and have the 'best offense since this random date i circled' and still be like 5 games up on the Braves.

At one point I was in the club section at Target Field during a day game against the Orioles when, I shit you not, Terry Ryan was walking around looking for people to warm up in the bullpen. That's how disastrous of a season it's been for the T---s this year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The actual problem is Shelby Miller isnt really that good of a pitcher. Hes in that Andrew Cashner/Jarred Cosart mold where they have MLB quality stuff in terms of a fastball and another pitch or two... but they either just have no idea how to pitch or have severe command issues. A guy with that kind of stuff shouldnt be averaging 6 K/9.
He has had success despite that. Pitching is always expensive.

Wolfman21

Dansby Day Part 2 AND Trea the Burner Turner all in one game??

giphy.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah casually drinking Merlot to stabbings and drive by shootings is a serious shock

killerBsaturn

Touchdown Jesus

Dear Chase,
I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much alike. I would love to meet you some day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you, but I think you’d be impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did. And I hope you write back this time, and we get to be good friends. I’m sure our relationship would be a real homerun!
Rooting for you always,
Mac

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wow twins are doodoo. Letting the McCannon hit a 3r dong to center?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Tuned in to a random baseball game last night and saw a rare thing: a team I care about beating a team I dislike, in a tight game, and not fucking up.

Now, back to not giving a shit about baseball for another month or so.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
http://www.theonion.com/article/dad-thinks-son-has-what-it-takes-become-embittered-53586

NORMAN, OK—Watching the 11-year-old play shortstop for his Little League team, local father Mark Garrett reported Wednesday that he thinks his son, Nathan, has what it takes to become an embittered alcoholic journeyman in the minor leagues. “If he keeps working hard every day, I know Nathan has the talent to spend a few years bouncing around farm system teams while gradually developing a serious drinking problem,” said Garrett, adding that his son clearly has the arm strength and raw athleticism to spend half a decade growing increasingly bitter and self-destructive as he plays in front of only a few hundred spectators every game. “There’s no doubt in my mind that he could get all the way to Triple-A, screw up his shoulder, and drink away the rest of his life while resenting every choice he ever made. I just need to stay on top of him to make sure he gets there.” Garrett added that with enough determination, his son might eventually even grow estranged from his family before he turns 30.

bruin

LA sports radio losing their minds with the AJ Ellis trade.

I think the Dodgers will be just fine.