• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, you have to post this one:

DELMON.jpg

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Does that include dWar? His defensive WAR bounced between sucks and blows. Three or four seasons of batting around .200 with noddle arm power after he blew out Achillies didn't help either.

goblue96

Phils actually have two players on that list in Howard and Greg Luzinski. Three if you want to count Raul Ibanez.

bruin

Cory Seager is scary good already. Good looking, down to earth kid. LA has found its next superstar.

goblue96

R Howard just hit one into the upper bullpen at Citizens Bank. Prolly 450 ft. Hit off some tired Rockies pitcher who was on pitch 110 in the 5th.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The whole thing is weird. The Yankees are having him retire from the Yankees. Apparently he still wants to play somewhere.

goblue96

Who wants an aging player who can't hit? Ryan Howard, at least, knocks one out of the park upon occasion.

CJ_24

The whole thing is weird. The Yankees are having him retire from the Yankees. Apparently he still wants to play somewhere.

He's 4 short of 700 homers. To me, it makes sense he'd want to continue to play (at least until he hits that number), to me.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Tyler Austin and Aaron Judge are the first players in MLB history to homer back to back in their debuts

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Gian-groin-arlo Stanton done for year. Add in Conley going to the DL, and Miami's chances at a wild card are as good as Royals.

GONE

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That contract is going to be so awful. Shame he's made of glass, he would've been a legit 600hr threat if he stayed healthy

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That contract is going to be so awful. Shame he's made of glass, he would've been a legit 600hr threat if he stayed healthy

The NL needs to adopt the DH so guys like Stanton don't have to play in the field. Really tired of seeing the guy miss the end of every season with an injury.

TonyGin&Juice

Because having three black holes in a lineup is better than having two? I get it that NL is chess and AL is checkers but the NL needs to get with the program and just accept the DH. If the Padres had a DH poor Mark Kotsay would never been unemployed!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I prefer no DH but it's too big of a disadvantage to roster construction and extending homegrown players. DH everywhere like the WBL.

TonyGin&Juice

No. Gtfo with that DH bullshit

I prefer no DH but it's too big of a disadvantage to roster construction and extending homegrown players. DH everywhere like the WBL.

I prefer the NL style of play and management but let's be real here - how often have you see a guy get extended by the home team in the NL and then go to shit as result of losing range or defensive ability? You can't tell me the Nationals wouldn't be happy with having Ryan Zimmerman DH whenever he's not on the DL waiting for a "cortisone" shot. Or the Mets with their no-defense outfield? Or the Cubs with Kyle Schwaber? Or the Dodgers with their plethora of bad defenders? Why have almost 15% of your outs every game earmarked for either SACs or strikeouts by some guy that never develops a bat in the minors because they have the DH?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm sure Schwarber is just never going to play in Chicago which made it so absurd that they refused to deal him. He's not taking time away from Rizzo

TonyGin&Juice

I'm sure Schwarber is just never going to play in Chicago which made it so absurd that they refused to deal him. He's not taking time away from Rizzo

He's not going to catch and he's not playing first base. Just imagine what that lineup would be like if they had a DH instead of some bum bunting at the bottom of the order.