• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

CJ_24

Brewers deal Lucroy to the Rangers in exchange for other human beings who also play baseball.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Brinson is a future all star. Brew crew also fleeced Giants hard for Smith

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Borman

Brewers did fleece San Francisco for smith. Rangers trade makes me nervous as Lucroy is a stud, but if Brinson becomes an all star and that Nottingham we got from Oakland for K Davis turns out alright we forget this all happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Brewers did fleece San Francisco for smith. Rangers trade makes me nervous as Lucroy is a stud, but if Brinson becomes an all star and that Nottingham we got from Oakland for K Davis turns out alright we forget this all happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You weren't keeping lucroy past next year anyway.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't know when if ever the pitching will come up for the Brewers, but Arcia/Brinson/Villar/Braun/Carter should be at least palatable to watch next year. They probably need another draft or two before they start really accumulating the talent doe. Corey Ray might advance quickly in the system too.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
RIP Puiggy Puiggy Puig in a Dodger uni. Told to not show up to the stadium? Yep DFAed for a jar of pickles.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
1DuUeQ0.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
Imitating WBL, the Blue Jays are going with a 6 man rotation in an effort to extend Sanchez.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
First middle finger flown. Expectingn a hey fack you in the next 5 minutes

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

osick87

Community Liaison
Common sense says this is better than the Mets shut down then reboot of Harvey. No real evidence it is safe or anything, but still.

They weren't planning on doing a shut down. It was this or put him in bullpen. At least the Jays are looking at something more complex than innings. If his avg velo and spin rate (among other things) start going down, then they'll send him to the pen. He's already 40 innings past his career (minor or major) high of 100 so giving him the extra days rest gets him likely to the playoffs at around 170-180.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Putting a starter in the pen to save his arm is ridiculous, he's going to come into the game to some stupid metal song all jacked up, throw 110% for 10 pitches which means higher effort. People suggested this with Strasburg and it was dumb then, dumb now.

You can say more complex, but I see unproven and untested. The science is really shaky on this stuff, including innings limits. Innings limits are getting to be more tested though and are sometimes recommended by the orthopedic surgeons that repair these arms, like with Strasburg and Harvey.

The Mets tried "more complex" things and all their arms exploded, RIP

osick87

Community Liaison
I agree with the bullpen part. That's why I'm more than happy with them going to the 6 man over having him be a fireman or being RA Dickey's insurance policy.

What were the things the Mets did? I know Harvey ended up throwing the most innings after TJ.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
They shut him down for a while to try to save his innings for the playoffs.

They also leaked information about internal disagreements on innings limits so he got killed by New York media until he caved and threw his doctor advised innings limit out the window.

Edit: And yes, that was a doctor advised innings limit coming off TJ.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah that's what the jays would do with Hutchison in AAA. Bring him up and bump Stroman and Sanchez back.

bruin

man the Dodgers are blowing a chance at taking this division.

still, remarkable only 2 games back and leading the wc. one guy on the DL away from tying an mlb mark, i believe.

Wolfman21

haha, i love when this shit braves team fucks "good" teams up. Roger McDowell working miracles with this "pitching staff"

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Vin Scully doesn't need a color commentator. He's been announcing before color commentators existed.