• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Offseason

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
tumblr_mt0k8tnF0I1r6z04co1_500.png

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Does it make them fake if he tried to sell them or something? Why does that matter? Dude got fired. Maybe he needs some coin.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Does it make them fake if he tried to sell them or something? Why does that matter? Dude got fired. Maybe he needs some coin.

McMurphy?

ESPN is paying out his entire contract and he has a new gig lined up for when it expires. He's eating the Worldwide Leader's lunch on their some and it's hilarious.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

He works for Stadium, so yeah, it makes total sense that he would be shopping his work for them to other people

Also, Deadspin hates Barstool, but yeah, “my friend from Deadspin.” Also, Deadspin definitely would’ve published those lol

One of those isn’t sarcasm, I’m sure you can figure it out

play-better-gif.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How does a personal vendetta make this stuff not true?

Skeeter

Uber felon
How does a personal vendetta make this stuff not true?
His last "article" wasn't even relevant to the discussion about dv.

It will be interesting to see if he gets sued like Gawker. Especially if the info was obtained illegally.

Skeeter

Uber felon
So I can't share opposing views. Noted.

When he's reinstated tomorrow I won't say a word. We'll talk about actual football from here on out starting now.

Lsu and Texas in the preseason top 25 is laughable.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He reports a legit story sourced by the victim and police reports. Gets called a liar by Meyer and now that he's pissed about it and uncovering all the sordid details, he has a "vendetta". Lol ok sure.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Smith fucking admitted it and why was he fired if he did nothing wrong? He only got fired once the shit was uncovered. Stop being such a fuckig homer.

Skeeter

Uber felon
This isn't defending Smith. I have no problem with his term.

This is about yellow journalism tactics McMurray is using. Quietly editing stories after the fact without retraction. Gotcha journalism when his initial question he asked urban was in fact not accurate or true. Sinking to ethical lows to embarrass Smith with info that has nothing to do with whether he abused Courtney Smith.

These things aren't mutually exclusive. They can both be pieces of shit. This is not the actions of a credible journalist.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nobody cares about Smith. He's obviously a piece of shit. The story is why Urban covered up for him for 9+ years and kept him employed knowing what a piece of shit he is. It's also about what a man of low moral character Meyer clearly is as evidenced all the way back to his time at Florida.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni

This is about yellow journalism tactics McMurray is using. Quietly editing stories after the fact without retraction. Gotcha journalism when his initial question he asked urban was in fact not accurate or true. Sinking to ethical lows to embarrass Smith with info that has nothing to do with whether he abused Courtney Smith.

These things aren't mutually exclusive. They can both be pieces of shit. This is not the actions of a credible journalist.

The one thing you got going for you is that a very good number of people in this world, especially those in the public eye, are indeed pieces of shit.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I see @Skeeter still hasn't figured out why the stuff McMurphy reported on on Friday is relevant.

Let me spell it out for you - it's probably sexual harassment. He was having an affair with an OSU staffer. If she's a direct report to him, it's not a consensual relationship. Plus, getting a bunch of sex toys sent to you at the office, just by itself, could create a hostile work environment. If Zach Smith is as dumb as he looks and opened the packages in front of other people and/or showed other people what's in them, that's almost definitely sexual harassment.

So, we have Zach Smith being an abusive husband and, in all likelihood, sexually harassing people at work. Even if the domestic violence stuff is unsubstantiated or not work related, keeping Smith employed while he's subjecting you to a massive lawsuit is insane. If you have a slogan on your wall that say you must RESPECT WOMEN and you're keeping a guy who might be sexually harassing people, it's absolutely relevant. The domestic violence stuff is gross but the liability to OSU is arguable. Getting sex toys at work and having an affair with a staffer at work creates huge liability for OSU.

Lightningwar

Administrator

Eh he is reporting actual facts. It just so happens some of these facts are sensational.

btw this is the type of behavior that will get more reporters digging away to look at the culture within the program. With Meyers history at UF. I suspect there is more to be uncovered.

Skeeter

Uber felon
No, you're right. I'm sure getting $2000 of sex toys at work and having an affair with a coworker means that everything was above board!
Unless he's chasing people around the office with a dildo how's urban supposed to know this shit?

How many of us would want our Amazon history made public? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Interesting the difference. On the Osu board I frequent which is full of rose colored homers almost to a man they're ready to fire Schiano for the perception of knowing, the Joe bots on that site are truly sick. Cultural problem indeed.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
My God, the comments on Eleven Warriors...

You could literally substitute the words "Urban Meyer" and "Zack Smith" with "Joe Paterno" and "Jerry Sandusky."

I am not equating the crimes committed by Smith and Sandusky, but I'm absolutely equating the responses of the fanbases.

-YTC

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Eh he is reporting actual facts. It just so happens some of these facts are sensational.

btw this is the type of behavior that will get more reporters digging away to look at the culture within the program. With Meyers history at UF. I suspect there is more to be uncovered.

I've always assumed that Ohio State had a mausoleum filled with bad PR bodies, even compared to the likes of PSU or MSU. It's only a matter of time.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Not to change the subject, but speaking of terrible fanbases, @kella is not wrong about Maryland's. Was reading some update about Jordan McNair on their SB Nation page and the comments are overwhelmingly garbage. Usually with scandals, you'll get mostly positive with a few trogs, or even a mixed bag, but lawd.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not to change the subject, but speaking of terrible fanbases, @kella is not wrong about Maryland's. Was reading some update about Jordan McNair on their SB Nation page and the comments are overwhelmingly garbage. Usually with scandals, you'll get mostly positive with a few trogs, or even a mixed bag, but lawd.

You're talking about people who plaster their homes, self, and vehicles with this:

2000px-Flag_of_Maryland.svg.png

Of course they are idiots.

BTW - link? I want it for posterity.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
TBH I don't even personally know or interact with many enormous UMD fans, but have always just had a feeling that they were basically Diet Penn State. I see enough of them at my gym (in the aforementioned flag gear) and enough of them are social media-adjacent to people that I know that none of that crap surprises me in the least.

Like, that's how scummy they are. I barely know any of them and could have told you this would happen. They're just so second rate, and they know it, which pisses them off.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is the best one out of the comments I got through (there's nearly 400 of them and fuck that):

TLPgMsI.png

Those parents are letting their emotions surrounding their dead son get in the way! And then sliding in the "maybe these whiners are just outsiders and pussies!" take at the end

QONVIyz.gif

By the way, red means it got rec'd 5+ times, which means people read that and said, "Yeah, this is a good post"

Lightningwar

Administrator
TBH I don't even personally know or interact with many enormous UMD fans, but have always just had a feeling that they were basically Diet Penn State. I see enough of them at my gym (in the aforementioned flag gear) and enough of them are social media-adjacent to people that I know that none of that crap surprises me in the least.

Like, that's how scummy they are. I barely know any of them and could have told you this would happen. They're just so second rate, and they know it, which pisses them off.

This is also how I expect most dweeb Maryland fans to look like.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Unless he's chasing people around the office with a dildo how's urban supposed to know this shit?

How many of us would want our Amazon history made public? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

It's sort of your job as a supervisor to know if one of your employees is sexually harassing people...

My amazon history is pretty much entirely babby stuff at this point, so I wouldn't care. I tend to just borrow sex toys from @Irishman if I need them.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Speaking of Maryland, this article is straight fire: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0f67c2-a53b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html

It's hard to argue with a lot of her points. Honestly, Harbaugh has made me uncomfortable with some of this stuff. He and his staff call out injured players in the media sometimes. 4 hour practices, etc. I get that you need to push players, but we need to stop treating college football coaches as gods who are unaccountable to nobody. Not that hard to find examples of this crap.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's basically the perfect screaming/killing machine.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He's basically the perfect screaming/killing machine.

Muschamp also pulled the @Skeeter blame the media card:

“There’s no credibility in anonymous sources,” Muschamp said. “If that former staffer had any guts, why didn’t he put his name on that? I think that’s gutless. And in any business and in any company and in any football team, especially right here in August, you can find a disgruntled player that’s probably not playing. So I think it’s a lack of journalistic integrity to print things with anonymous sources."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ymous-sources-gutless/?utm_term=.39fce1ad2587

handwank.gif