• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Now Denny is a guy who usually won't make a move like that. I'm actually interested to see if his racing changes after Phoenix should he be in the final group. Still don't know how all this new chase stuff works

Lloyd Carr

Hj3jJGr.jpg

Quite the hole...

Ive driven a van through a smaller hole than that.

I would definitely take that risk if I saw that hole with $$$ on the line.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
My dad found a welcome packet from when we to Disney in 1984. Another part of that was attending the Firecracker 400. Some old Daytona brochures were in there as well.

imagejpg1_zps3473d211.jpg

Entry lists for the 500 were large enough that they held 30-lap/75-mile consolation race for those cars which didn't qualify.

Iron

Rumors swirling this morning that Jeff Gordon will return to a rainbow Axalta sponsored car in 2015. Announcement at 1:30PM Eastern.

Last edited:

Iron

Texas race average viewership neared 5M, up 7% over last year and up 1M viewers over 2012. One of the few races that has improved ratings wise this year.

Iron

Rumors swirling this morning that Jeff Gordon will return to a rainbow Axalta sponsored car in 2015. Announcement at 1:30PM Eastern.

Lol nope not even close, just a special red paint scheme this week.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
She has a picture of Kurt on her twitter feed as of 9/22/14. Wonder when all this went down (if at all).

Bdub

The article says they broke up a week before the incident. If that's the case why was she there.
Either way dude just can't get out of his own way.

gilstein21

the report is kurt slammed her head into a wall. Still unsure why she was there if they had split up a week before. If things are true, Chase has a ride for next season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man i hope they let brad race tomorrow. I think it would be even better if he was in the final 4 and they got him at homestead.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Man i hope they let brad race tomorrow. I think it would be even better if he was in the final 4 and they got him at homestead.
The bigwigs wouldn't like that. It'd be no different than pulling a Bowyer and spinning to get Truex in last year. Etiquette states that if someone's gonna dump Brad, it has to be done this week. If he doesn't make the final 4, then taking him out at Homestead is fine too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The bigwigs wouldn't like that. It'd be no different than pulling a Bowyer and spinning to get Truex in last year. Etiquette states that if someone's gonna dump Brad, it has to be done this week. If he doesn't make the final 4, then taking him out at Homestead is fine too.
Oh i know, i just think that's the way to hurt him the most. Plus i enjoy when the bigwigs get upset

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Look at the sheet metal right in front of the rear tires on all of these cars. It's all flared out, which is like a fucking weapon on the side of your car. WTF is up with that? NASCAR ought to make them fix that crap. Don't tell me it's for fucking downforce or some shit.

Logano's is especially bad. It's sticking out a good 6-10 inches beyond the side of the car.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Thats ridiculous. Id just do that shit on purpose at Martinsville and Bristol, and run tight with everyone. Why not?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Denny back, this race matters so he didnt just hang out in 27th til the end like he usually does

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I fucking kid you not, I was telling the wife "its about time for a patented nascar debris caution", and cot dam if they don't throw one less than 3 seconds later.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
This shit is straight WWF. It's like if the NFL reset the score of the Super Bowl after the 3rd quarter and let them have at it.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Thats pretty much the whole reason I find it hilarious you people flipped your shit about that crash between keslowski and Gordon. The series is a complete joke.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
It really is. Record number of cautions today. It wouldn't be so bad if F1 wasn't a total snoozefest this year.