• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
France tells Yahoo Finance that NASCAR is targeting two key demos: Hispanics and millennials. The company is increasing its focus on digital and social media (NASCAR recieved a record 4.1 billion social media impressions during its 2015 season). They’ve also partnered with Mexican movie star Eugenio Derbez to develop a NASCAR-centric comedy film.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
giphy.gif

grZAZ.gif

gilstein21

I'm interested in f1 but I need a driver or team to root for. I don't know who are the villains vs the good guys. I don't understand some of the rules, and I sometimes don't like all the tech of the cars, but I do appreciate the engineering side of things and racing. I think if I knew more about the drivers and teams I'd keep up with it more.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I'm still an Alonso fan, been rooting for him since JPM left McLaren in 2006. I like Haas, for obvious reasons. Nothing like a Kannapolis, NC based F1 team. Big fan of Ricciardo and Verstappen. I used to detest Red Bull for the way they treated Mark Webber when he was there, but I'll pull for them now.

Bdub

Hamilton pulling away at the end took some excitement away but there was still a lot of good racing with the rain and different tyre strategies.
Was referring to Indy but the F1 race was quality as well. Monaco in the rain is awesome.

Iron

The 18 killed the wall with a flat and they didn't throw it and then the 21 did the same, no yellows. That was an ass-kicking by Martin

Wolfman21

I worked today so missed the race. Have it recorded at home. Saw he was leading on my lunch break. Good to be bummed with a 4th place finish. A win is coming

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Yeah, he's top 10ing every start. The second half of the schedule ahould fall to him. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't make the playoffs (holy fuck I hated typing that last sentence).

Wolfman21

He's gonna make the chase easily unless they start having some insanely bad luck. He's already +80 Pts on 16th and he's outrunning those guys every week by a wide margin.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
A couple of sub 35th place finishes would change that in a hurry. Running up front keeps you out of trouble doe. I could see him being in the final 8 without having to win, and he's a heck of a lot better than Ryan Newman. I have a feeling no Hendrick cars will make it to Homestead.

Iron

First time this season a Toyota hasn't finished in the top 5. Probably the least amount of laps they've led all season this weekend between Cup/Xfinity too.

Iron

AJ Allmendinger driving for RCR at Mid-Ohio Xfinity race, Hornish for Iowa and Kentucky, and McDowell for Road America.

Iron

I would say right now:

Chase - 18 2 19 48 4 41 78 20 11 22 24 47 on wins / 88 3 1 21 on points
Final 4 - 18 41 4 19

My guess is Logano will win any time, maybe even this week. Chase wins Pocono 2, Dinger gets a road course.

Wolfman21

I'll never predict anyone wins daytona/talladega...too much luck involved. Hes had some good speed on these bigger tracks. Kentucky, Indy and Pocono 2 are all tracks they go back to before the end of July where I think he has as good a shot as any