• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Grand National Race on a road course - check
No full-time Cup drivers in the field - check
Got my attention - you bet

Wolfman21

Chris Buescher wins NNS race at Mid Ohio.
2. Regan Smith
3. Brian Scott
4. Chase Elliott
5. Alex tagliani

Jeff Gordon wins NSCS race at Michigan.

Iron

Yea, after all the Roush struggles - Buescher pretty much had the best car in yesterday's NNS race.

Also Gordon in victory lane for a third time this season. At least right now he'll be the points leader at the reset.

Wolfman21

I dunno if Buescher had the best car. He played the fuel mileage game and won.

Also...Ty Dillon and his team are a joke. When Brendan Gaughn overcooked a corner and almost took out Chase Elliott, apparently they radioed the 62 team and asked, "Did he get him?" Intent? Who knows...sure would have helped Ty baby out if Chase had a bad day since poor Ty finished 19th.

Iron

Atlanta moving to second race on Cup schedule, 1st Bristol moving to April, and Darlington's Southern 500 back to Labor Day - according to Jim Noble.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
sssPyJ5.gif[\img]

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
They should prolly move Homestead to 2nd race, then Phoenix &California. By then it should be April, and it'd be warm enough for pretty much any track not in the northeast. No more snow at Bristol and Martinsville.

goblue96

They should prolly move Homestead to 2nd race, then Phoenix &California. By then it should be April, and it'd be warm enough for pretty much any track not in the northeast. No more snow at Bristol and Martinsville.

Ford paid a shitload of money for the sponsor rights to the season finale at Homestead through 2019. NASCAR isn't going to piss off Ford by moving Homestead to race #2.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Meh, just make another ISC track the last race of the season, move Ford sponsorship there. Problem solved.

Iron

Reports were right.

Edwards to the #19 for JGR next year.
Suarez to NW full time.
Arris is new sponsor for JGR, who will sponsor Edwards half season, Suarez full season, will sponsor KBM trucks, and JGR's new partnership with Carlos Slim's son who will field a car in Mexico series.

Rest of Edwards sponsors have almost already all been filled as well.

Nothing like bringing a billionaire into NASCAR. Your move, Roush.

Iron

Darrell Wallace Jr. also headed to NW next season.

JGR lineup
Cup: Hamlin, Busch, Edwards, Kenseth
NW: Suarez #18, Wallace Jr. #20, probably Busch/Kenseth/Hornish in the #54

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Solid. If Kyle Busch can get his head screwed on straight, they'll be up there with Hendrick. All Rick has to do is dump Kasey Kahne and put Chase Elliott in that seat, and then groom another young driver for Gordon's seat when he hangs it up in 2 or 3 years.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Funny that Carl "Mr. Ford" Edwards is going to be driving Toyotas next year. He seemed the most "brand loyal" guy in the Ford camp.

Iron

Funny that Carl "Mr. Ford" Edwards is going to be driving Toyotas next year. He seemed the most "brand loyal" guy in the Ford camp.

They haven't revealed his paint scheme for next season actually because of that I guess.

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
I'd laugh if JGR went to Ford next year because of him.

Still kinda amazed Kahne hasn't produced all that much at Hendrick.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Kahne gon get fired.

If I were Penske, I'd try to lure Chase Elliott over with a 3rd ride for 2015, and check with MillerCoors about sponsorship once he becomes 21. Or just keep that NAPA sponsorship. Penske has a good stable of sponsors.

goblue96

Kahne gon get fired.

If I were Penske, I'd try to lure Chase Elliott over with a 3rd ride, and check with MillerCoors about sponsorship once he becomes 21. Or just keep that NAPA sponsorship. Penske has a good stable of sponsors.

Kahne is great option if you want a Greg Biffle clone. He'll put the car somewhere between 8th and 20th but that's it.

I'll love for The Captain to poach Elliott and leave the tax cheat with two aging drivers (JJ and Gordon) and one POS driver (Kahne).

Iron

16 markets, including Charlotte will show preseason football over the race. Charlotte ABC is showing the Redskins preseason game notably.

goblue96

16 markets, including Charlotte will show preseason football over the race. Charlotte ABC is showing the Redskins preseason game notably.

Austin, Texas - race telecast on digital cable: Time Warner channels 811 and 1240, Suddenlink channel 721, AT&T Channel 3024.
Charlotte, N.C. - race telecast on WAXN TV64. Available on Time Warner channel 1230, Charter channel 703, Compas channel 16, Comporium channel 110. WSOC-TV will join race in progress after football game ends.
Casper, Wyo. - only available to satellite TV subscribers
Cheyenne, Wyo. - only available to satellite TV subscribers
Duluth, Minn. - race telecast on digital cable: Charter channel 398, Mediacom channel 113.
HARRISburg, Pa. - race telecast on digital cable: Comcast channel 246, Verizon channel 461, Blue Ridge Cable channel 152, Kuhn channel 67, Nittany Media 228.
Houston - race telecast on digital cable: Comcast channels 315 and 685.
Louisville, Ky. - race telecast on digital cable: Comcast channel 432, Time Warner channel 207.
Nashville, Tenn. - race telecast on digital cable: Comcast channel 245, Charter channel 136.
St. Joseph, Mo. - only available to satellite TV subscribers
San Antonio, Tex. - only available to satellite TV subscribers
Sioux Falls, S.D. - race telecast on digital cable: Mid-Continent channels 596 and 614. (Also DISH channel 36).
Tulsa, Okla. - race telecast on digital cable: Cox channel 131.
Washington, D.C. - race telecast on digital cable: Comcast channel 205, Cox channel 806, Verizon FiOS channel 467.
Weslaco, Tex. - race telecast on digital cable: Time Warner channel 877.
In Milwaukee, Little Rock, Ark., Jonesboro, Ark., Fort Smith, Ark., and Tyler, Texas, the local ABC affiliates will not air NASCAR Countdown due to airing local newscasts but all will join ABC for the race telecast at 7:30pm/et.(ESPN)

Iron

Milka Duno super super slow in Bristol NNS practice. 41st quick. Slower than Morgan Shepherd.

Iron

Milka Duno super super slow in Bristol NNS practice. 41st quick. Slower than Morgan Shepherd.

DNQ. 45th (Slowest) in qualifying, couldn't outrun the S&Pers of Morgan Shepherd, Mike Harmon, Kevin Lepage notably. Think RAB is regretting this?

Iron

Classic Kyle Busch tonight. Told to drive car to hauler after crash damage, doesn't, verbal argument with crew chief, parks car in pit box, gets out and leaves under green.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nascar fans' hate for kyle busch makes me laugh. When i go to races i wear his shit to stir up the idiots

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's a douche. You'd think he'd learn something from big brother.
I havent seen it. Tbf i only started watching the race he wrecked at tms in the truck race and got black flagged. I dont like guys like earnhardt and jj so we might just be opposites.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The more straightlaced and more sponsor oriented they are the less i like them now days. I'm liking kyle less after the truck incident since he's cleaned up. They need more characters, not JJs

Because if you like talent alone kyle has it in spades. Nothing like him talking shit the last two laps at tms because he knows whoever it was couldn't beat him on the restart two years ago.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I think my references to Johnson as "Vanilla Johnson", and my love of guys like Montoya should tell you what type of driver I like. But douches gon douche, and Kyle Busch is a douche of the highest order. You can make excuses for him, but parking your car wherever and making the crew push it back is fucking bush league. If he wasn't the driver, they'd beat his ass.

And if Kyle was as fucking great as everyone thinks he is, he'd have won the championship by now. But what has he done? He hasn't won Daytona. He hasn't won Indianapolis. He hasn't scored the most points in a season. Hasn't won the championship. He's a 10 year veteran with nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, Matt fucking Kenseth won 7 times last year in the same equipment. So this "Kyle Busch is awesome" shit is just that. He's awesome at ruining his own chances to win, and that's about it. He has good car control, but that only wins you races in WRC. He is a petulent ass, and deserves everything he has coming to him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I didn't say i liked him as a person, id rather have him in nascar than jj is all. Everybody is just scared to get their sponsorship pulled so they never speak their mind.

What he did yesterday is a douche move, what i hate is when people get mad that he reacts poorly to being wrecked. Moar emotional reactions, less thanking the sponsor for being wrecked

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I couldn't give two fucks about that. He's a douche because he does douchey things. Like park his car on the track after the race and make the crew push it back to the hauler. Or wreck someone on the last lap and then run away when he gets confronted. Or wrecks someone intentionally under caution. Or beats up on a young driver in the truck series so much it causes the 60 year old team owner to come over and beat his ass. Or drives his Lexus LFA at 140 mph in a residential area.

Everything that happens to Kyle happens to 42 other drivers on a weekly basis. None of them handle any of it as poorly as he does.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Moar poorly handled situations. Nascar is pretty boring most of the time, need tempers to flare more often without retribution from sponsors. They really need to bring the cost to run way down.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
True, but making the team push your car half a mile back to the trailer and treating everyone like dogshit has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with being a fucking asshole. Carl Edwards is a douche too, so he's not alone.

It ultimately boils down to the fact that he thinks he's greater than he really is. Even Rick Hendrick got tired of putting up with his shit, and I think Joe Gibbs will too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Didn't see yesterday and already said its an asshole move. If you want to get another paragraph in on it i understand, i dont think we quite know where you stand on the subject

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If he really does suck and is such an asshole to everyone, how does he still have a job? Average driver that everyone who is around him hates, yet drives for 10 years. HMMMMMM

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Because he's just good enough to keep his job, that's about it. If you can win at least 1 race a year, you'll have a job until you're ready to quit. Name me a top tier driver that can win 1 race a year that isn't with Hendrick, Childress, Gibbs, Roush, S-H or Penske. Kyle Larson will probably be top tier next year. That's about it. Bowyer is good for about 1 win a year, but I wouldn't call him top tier.

17th in points now. 9 top 10s in 24 starts. Mediocre at best. Certainly not great. Definitely not championship material.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
He will as soon as he's tired of his shit. It happened to his brother....twice. He has to be a patient guy, he's got the 3 biggest douchebags in Sprint Cup under contract.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think having epic douchebags makes for a more fun watching experience. You need bad guys.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also to clarify the thing yesterday, if it happened like you said, is awful. Dickish. Im mostly speaking from watching since 2010 after he did most of his doucheness. I'm mostly tom bout the people at the track who want him gone because he doesnt do things like they want him to. And they're all corporate shills now days, the sponsors run them. You can only get out of line so much before the whip cracks

Wolfman21

Who wants him gone? Itt, I learn that calling a driver a douche = wanting him gone.

also, kb is a crybaby douche. Dude doesn't have it mentally. He will never win big. All past champions were strong mentally. He is not.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Who wants him gone? Itt, I learn that calling a driver a douche = wanting him gone.

also, kb is a crybaby douche. Dude doesn't have it mentally. He will never win big. All past champions were strong mentally. He is not.

If you read my posts you'd know the answer to the first question, and you'd see your following statement was unnecessary.

I'd say taking out every race but the last one gives him a much better shot than before to win.

Iron

Not much new we didn't know already: 0 new tracks, Atlanta week 2, Bristol 1 mid-April, Darlington Labor Day, Off week after Bristol 2 next year, Daytona 400 now a Sunday night race, Kentucky moves to mid-July, no changes at all to Chase.

Looks like first eight races are all on FOX, then it becomes FS1 except for Dega and Coke 600. NBC will show Daytona as first race, then goes to NBCSN for 11 of next 12 (Darlington on NBC), Richmond/start of chase all on NBCSN. Charlotte/Kansas chase races are on NBC. Surprisingly Dega + Martinsville chase races are on NBCSN, final three races are on NBC.

Bv_mcIpIEAAkoJH.png:large

So you can pretty much expect from May on NASCAR's ratings to hit the shitter. 20 of last 29 Cup races on NBCSN/FS1.

Last edited:

Iron

Nationwide - nothing new. Strangely the NW race at Indy is on NBC, but the Cup race is not. Road America is on Cup off weekend last weekend of August now. August is a good month for Nationwide racing: Iowa, Glen, Mid-Ohio, Bristol, Road America. 8 NW races on FOX/NBC - rest on FS1/NBCSN.

Trucks - They don't have like 15 off weekends between race 1 and 2 this year - Atlanta is a triple-header. Three weeks off between races 2 and 3. However Trucks have 6 weeks off between races 3 and 4. All races on FS1 besides Talladega (fall).

Notably truck race and nationwide race at Atlanta is on same day.

Last edited: