• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2018 FIFA World Cup

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He was offsides after the header, not after the FK

I need to watch it again. I thought there was a guy to the left who was in an offside position when the free kick was taken, and then because the ball hit him before the goal it was disallowed.

chibob

Considering the amount of cameras how hard is it to get a different angle on that cross?

Hes potentially offside maybe onside when the ball is played, and you cant see who the deflection comes off in the middle. Apparently the VAR panel get like 20+ different angles. Why do we get one?

chibob

SO CLOSE!

Pique is trash these days. Getting megged by an Iranian geophysicist working for Schlumberger.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I just think Costa's play is at odds with the rest of the team, so that every time the ball gets into the final third it turns into a scrappy turd fest. I know he scores goals, but I'm just positive that if you put a more complete player up there, you free up the team to be more free flowing and create more chances - which would counter the fact that you lose a more prolific player.

chibob

Rodrigo is very good, but he doesnt play for Madrid, or Barcelona...or hasnt played in the Premier League

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also, correct me if wrong, but if Morocco and Iran both win 1-0 on Monday, Spain and Portugal will draw lots for 2nd place

edit: fffuuu never mind, fair play rules. Still a chance tho! Portugal have one more yellow but Spain could easily grab +1

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think @hayvis just found one of my posts from the Pro Clubs thread and copy pasta'd it

I just think Leroy's play is at odds with the rest of the team, so that every time the ball gets into the final third it turns into a scrappy turd fest. I know he scores goals, but I'm just positive that if you put a more complete player up there, you free up the team to be more free flowing and create more chances - which would counter the fact that you lose a more prolific player.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
MVBr7An.gif

DanishDonut0

2 VAR penalties in 2 games, can't wait for the next!

@chibob just remembered that Kvist also takes massive throws so that's lost in tight games, especially in those where they'll be outplayed.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That penalty was mental. I've watched it about three times and can't see the fucking foul. I thought VAR was supposed to be conclusive evidence to override the decision on the pitch, not a license to enforce marginal decisions?

Some Russian or some ref has got some bet on with this shit as the whole system is fucked up and bonkers. I wouldn't be surprised actually if FIFA is trying to make VAR seem like a bunch of crap so that no-one ever uses it again.

DanishDonut0

That penalty was mental. I've watched it about three times and can't see the fucking foul. I thought VAR was supposed to be conclusive evidence to override the decision on the pitch, not a license to enforce marginal decisions?

Some Russian or some ref has got some bet on with this shit as the whole system is fucked up and bonkers. I wouldn't be surprised actually if FIFA is trying to make VAR seem like a bunch of crap so that no-one ever uses it again.

Worst part is it was just so far away from goal, had no power, and may have even been going wide. To me it's like calling a handball penalty while your arms are close to the body. Handball for handball sake even though these calls are supposed to be conclusive in the box. VAR brings a different interpretation of these rules

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Worst part is it was just so far away from goal, had no power, and may have even been going wide. To me it's like calling a handball penalty while your arms are close to the body. Handball for handball sake even though these calls are supposed to be conclusive in the box. VAR brings a different interpretation of these rules

If they try and push it this way then defenders will end up having to complete every jump with their hands by their sides and look like a bunch of punks pogoing at a rock concert.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
All they need to do is get rid of offsides and the sport would almost be watchable. If they could get the twinks to stop acting like they got hit by a truck at the slightest touch, it has a chance to be the most popular sport in the world.

DanishDonut0

Pretty disappointing game after a brilliant opening 20 minutes. I don't know why Denmark was trying to out technical them at all. Not a single cross since Jørgensen's chance early on, outside of Delaney's poor delivery near the end. They continually dribbled back to the middle where it was already packed and turned it over. Just about the worst I've seen Sisto play. Awful penalty.

Not mad about the chance with 4 points in the first 2. Should've been 6 but easily could've been 1 or 0.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Delaney is kind of American, so he's required to deliver shitty crosses