• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

chibob

Difference in TV money close to 100 million pounds per season.

And growing.

Newcastle spent an incredible amount for a Championship team, albeit they did have revenue from some big sales, but they will probably dump even more cash.

Ma'seagulls are already claiming they won't make too big of a splash. Don't mind, think they actually hit some pretty high debt barely missing out on promotion the past few seasons. Definitely need some more depth, but already have a decent team with some former EPL talent.

I feel theyll need to bring in some talent though. Or buy cheap yet smart.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
From a Spurs blog:

This season we have 74 points and a GD of +47 from 33 games
From the same fixtures last year, we took 62 points and had a GD of +29.
After 33 matches last year we had 65 points and a GD of +35.
Our current points and GD total inserted into the table at this time last year would see us first by 2 points.
As has been stated elsewhere, the magic number to finish ahead of Arsenal is now 5. A win on Sunday confirms it, but a draw isn’t enough
Magic number to finish ahead of Liverpool is also 5 (though same as Arsenal realistically it just needs to be 4 because of GD)
Magic number to finish ahead of City is 9 (same caveat for GD though)
Magic number to finish ahead of Utd is 8 – this is also probably the ‘Top 4’ magic number (again not counting the GD scenario)
Magic number for Chelsea to finish ahead of us is 12 (and it has to be 12 as we have superior GD)
Lloris is now ahead of Courtois for most clean sheets kept, with 14

COYS

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Can't wait till the spuds finally sell Kane and Ali. It's fucking boring watching them almost do well.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Spurs fan attacks fellow supporter in 'Chelsea mix-up'

_95804791_07a54c0a-c4ae-43d8-83e9-367c8eafdef5.jpg

Doctors fear a Tottenham Hotspur fan could be left with permanent damage to his eyesight, following an attack in which police think a fellow Spurs fan mistook him for a Chelsea supporter.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Keep me up to date on the rumors on where they are transferring to. I'm sure you are in the know, since ur so knowledgeable about the footy.

Kill them with fire.

-YTC

I know that Spurs won't pay the wages that they want. That's no secret, so I would kiss goodbye to them.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Spurs' performance is unremarkable. Their points total is set to be about 3-5 points better than a couple of seasons ago. What is remarkable is the parity within the league that knocked points off many top teams totals, the fairytale that is Leicester's season and the fact that Tottenham were even allowed to try to crash the party in the first place. So fucking typical that when the whole world wanted Leicester to win, that scumbag team were the ones trying to spoil it all. Look forward to seeing Spurs struggle again next season with the added Champions League and the unhappy players that want more money.

This from last year's thread. Such struggle, much wow.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
But that's what you told me last offseason.

-YTC

It's a matter of time. I said last season that it might take another year. Ali and Kane can easily command 250k a week. You can't keep them at a club that won't spend that. Consider me amazed if they stay.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This from last year's thread. Such struggle, much wow.

-YTC

As I said, give it time. Spurs are at the peak (new stadiums are no fun) and let's be honest, still won't win anything. Not that I have any hope for Arsenal, but Spurs will not sustain this next year. They staved it off by promising better wages and not delivering enough in December. Levy is a cunning stunt. He promised a rise for Kane to make him stay and gave a modest one at a time when he knew he couldn't say no. Kane and Ali will leave.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hoping that whatever the score, someone takes a red card for the team and breaks Kane's leg towards the end of the game.

NML

It's that really sad, "my life is based around my football club" English mentality.

I feel sorry for the guy

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hard to tell which team is more pathetic, Arsenal or the Caps

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's that really sad, "my life is based around my football club" English mentality.

I feel sorry for the guy

Don't feel sorry for me. I've got more than you could ever dream of having, you fucking Florida shit monkey.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
There's a person being quite serious in this thread, but I'm not sure it's the gentleman from Florida.

-YTC

chibob

Arsenal the worst, City worse, Liverpool kinda the same but still bad, United woeful, Spurs the same (slightly better) Chelsea much better but last year was a bit of a blip.

Hard to tell for me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Or you could look at real data and realize that every position in the top 6 is going to finish with at least 10 more points than the top 6 did last year. Besides Arsenal and Leicester, every one of the big teams will have improved on their points from last year.

Last edited:

chibob

Or you could look at real data and realize that every position in the top 6 is going to finish with at least 10 more points than the top 6 did last year. Besides Arsenal and Leicester, every one of the big teams will have improved on their points from last year.

The quality of the whole league is worse then.

How would you explain the disappointing showing in the Champions League.

chibob

I'm so confused that our British contingent seems to struggle with analyzing the PL.

-YTC

Because Stats only ever tell half the story.

Statistically Pogba has been one of the best players in the league...but he has still been a huge dud

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Don't know about data and performance but tactics are making the Premier League more and more boring. If you go back to the 90s and early 00s, teams were using 4-4-2 attacking formations and going hell for leather which is where the League gained it's reputation as exciting. It then moved slightly more defensive, when a lot of teams were using 4-2-3-1, and now it's gone to 3 centre backs which is basically 5 at the back a lot of the time.

I think the only thing that saves the league is that all the others have also become less exciting. I speak about this from no point of bias, as I think it's nothing to do with any individual club. I would love just to see some aggressive attacking tactics make a breakthrough, because it always seems to be the slightly more defensive styles that make the cut at the moment.

It might be time for another rule change. Taking away the back pass gave lead to the game completely changing from the shit of the 80s to the glory of the 90s.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The quality of the whole league is worse then.

How would you explain the disappointing showing in the Champions League.

Prove that the quality of the whole league is worse. The teams getting relegated definitely got worse, but the rest of the league is static I think. But, seriously, just looking at the top 6 place by place:

Chelsea > Leicester
Tottenham > Arsenal
Liverpool is probably equal to Tottenham, maybe slightly behind. Maybe.
Man City is probably the same as last year.
ManU >ManU
Arsenal > Southampton

So yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Also, the showing in the Champions League? The only difference is that England didn't have a team in the semi finals this year but did last year. Are you trying to troll?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I guess if Man United and Arsenal aren't great, it must mean that the league overall is worse. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

-YTC

chibob

I guess if Man United and Arsenal aren't great, it must mean that the league overall is worse. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

-YTC

City, Liverpool also not great.

Only team playing really well is Spurs. Chelsea are doing as you'd expect them to do.

The rest of the Out-lying teams: Everton, West Ham, Stoke etc turrible