• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

NML

So it’s Erz, Process, or Cavs, right?

Interested to see what Durant does. That’s probably the next domino to fall, but I assume it’s a formality at this point that he stays

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Durant has been pretty open all season he was opting out to get a max deal from GSW. The next domino is Kawhi.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
LeBron opting out is actually great for Cavs... makes things a lot more difficult for a bunch of teams like the Rockets to get him.

evil1

Need evil's take on this one-year deal before I can make a judgement
I am glad you asked. This is a good move for Phoenix. They are well under the cap and were simply atrocious on defense last year. Ariza will help guide their young players on the defensive end if for no other reason than he will consistently be in the right place.

For Houston, this hurts. Ariza was probably their best perimeter guy on defense. Their quest to beat Golden State just got a little harder.

As for Ariza:
200w.gif

evil1

Best stat of the night is that OKC can save about $90 million by cutting Melo using the stretch provision.

Um, is there any reason why OKC wouldn't do that?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Best stat of the night is that OKC can save about $90 million by cutting Melo using the stretch provision.

I'd be willing to bet they are, or else the Grant signing probably wouldn't have happened. OKC just needs to beef up their bench a little and they might take Golden State or Houston to 6 in the Western Semifinals!

Still strange that George would sign a 4-year max contract in OKC without even taking a meeting with the Lakers. Makes me wonder what else Presti has cooking up, aside from cutting Melo, only for it to fail spectacularly in a year or two.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Better than them deciding no squad at all was worth the luxury tax and being known as cheapasses for the whole 20 years they're in OKC.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Now the Dipo trade looks a bit better tho, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall while he was deciding so I could see just how good the fishing is in Oklahoma to make him chooes Me7o bricks over Bron

evil1

The other part of Melo possibly getting waived is that he would then be free to sign a minimum deal with any other team (since he will still get paid his original contract). Melo at $27 plus million a year is ridiculous. Melo on a veteran's minimum salary would be a pretty good deal especially for a team that is already at the cap.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I just knew Bron to Philly was a possibility but they letting all their shooters walk

Strange

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Swallow the pill this year vs continue to get fucked the next 3 years. Long term because of future taxes it might be better to pay 90m now financially. Also cap wise.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
These beat writers seem worse than ever about just throwing random tweats out. If they really do have sources, those sources are fucking with them

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
At least in :oklahoma:they’ll only get that mad at him if he speaks out after being assaulted by a cop

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Windhorse quoted their total bill for payroll and tax at $310M. Glad Kaiser bought into the team