1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

2017-18 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Discussion in 'Pro Sports Discussion' started by Snorky's Shame, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

Well, next season starts now. Transfer rumors should be heating up soon.

Sadly, I only see races in England and Spain next year. Paris, Bayern and Juventus should win their leagues rather easily. This trend isn't limited to the big five leagues however. Basel, Olympiakos, Celtic, Benfica and Salzburg pretty much have monopolies now thanks to UCL money or in Salzburg's case, Red Bull money.

Interested to see how Leipzig and Hoffenheim (if they qualify) handle UCL and Bundesliga duty. History says they should struggle.

Kind of wish Monaco could keep their team together for another year. They won't though and with Lyon losing players and Marseille still a mess, I don't see any other result than Paris winning the league.

I really hate what Serie A has become. It was indisputably the best league in the world when I was growing up but now it's shadow of itself. Both Milan teams are a mess and Roma and Napoli don't have the resources to battle Juventus long term. Serie A should go back to 18 teams, the quality isn't there for a 20 team league.

Might not be a popular opinion but I just don't see how Atletico competes with Barcelona and Real Madrid once Simeone leaves after this year. I just don't want them to become what Valencia is now. At least they got their stadium built.

2. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Here to fix the cable

Juve is an old team. A big drop in form from parts of the BBC, Alves, or Khedira wouldn't surprise me. I think Napoli could push them next year.

3. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Yeah it feels like their window in Europe is probably closing (or it closed). Their window in Italy may not be far behind, especially if either of the Milan clubs could get it together.

4. Snorky's Shame

Juventus will probably just buy the better players in the league to replace Buffon and their backline.

Juventus has one huge advantage over Internazionale, Milan, Roma, etc. in that they own their stadium. This means not paying rent to the local government and having greater control of the revenue generated around the stadium.

As for Napoli, they have to be more consistent to make a run at Serie A. On their day though, they can beat anyone home or away.

5. Karl Hungus

I'm interested to see where Andrea Belotti ends up. I hope he stays in Italy, but his release clause is crazy, 100m euro or something. Inter (supposedly) has money from their new owners, but I don't know if it's that much; they also have have Mauro Icardi. Him ending up at one of the Milan clubs is the best case, long-term for Serie A.

6. Karl Hungus

7. Snorky's Shame

So Barcelona is going after Bellerin.

This board is full of fucking morons. Semedo is cheaper and a better fit than Bellerin. Plus, name a player that has been better at Barcelona than at Arsenal. This goes back to the post-Figo panic buy spree which included Petit (awful) and Overmars (serviceable but rarely healthy).

EDIT: Ok, maybe Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  8. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    SAUCES saying Ronaldo wants out of Madrid/Spain. Gotta be Man U, right?

9. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
    Multiple sauces?

10. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
  11. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    goblue96 likes this.
  12. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    FUCK. THAT.

13. goblue96

Team:
    Michigan
  14. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    I actually wouldn't mind the $50 at all if you got all the games. But I'm not going to pay $50 so I can watch Arsenal play Watford or whoever without being able to watch the big games, too.

15. goblue96

Team:
    Michigan
    Brighton-Bournemouth :thumbsup:

DanishDonut0 likes this.
  16. tab10

tab10 Well-Known Member

Team:
    Arsenal
    Do you not have cable, satellite, Sling, PS Vue, or Directv Now? You'd still get the big games if you do.

17. DeadMan

Team:
    Michigan
    Yes, I do, but I'm not going to pay for cable and then add the extra $50 for shitty games.

goblue96 likes this.
  18. whiteyc_77

whiteyc_77 The Skeleton Debator Mod Alumni

Pay the extra $50 and don't watch Arsenal. Problem solved.

-YTC

Yankee151 and DeadMan like this.
  19. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

I'll get my reel on here. Reddit.com/r/soccerstreams

wolverine318 likes this.
  20. goblue96

Team:
    Michigan