• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Well, next season starts now. Transfer rumors should be heating up soon.

Sadly, I only see races in England and Spain next year. Paris, Bayern and Juventus should win their leagues rather easily. This trend isn't limited to the big five leagues however. Basel, Olympiakos, Celtic, Benfica and Salzburg pretty much have monopolies now thanks to UCL money or in Salzburg's case, Red Bull money.

Interested to see how Leipzig and Hoffenheim (if they qualify) handle UCL and Bundesliga duty. History says they should struggle.

Kind of wish Monaco could keep their team together for another year. They won't though and with Lyon losing players and Marseille still a mess, I don't see any other result than Paris winning the league.

I really hate what Serie A has become. It was indisputably the best league in the world when I was growing up but now it's shadow of itself. Both Milan teams are a mess and Roma and Napoli don't have the resources to battle Juventus long term. Serie A should go back to 18 teams, the quality isn't there for a 20 team league.

Might not be a popular opinion but I just don't see how Atletico competes with Barcelona and Real Madrid once Simeone leaves after this year. I just don't want them to become what Valencia is now. At least they got their stadium built.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well, next season starts now. Transfer rumors should be heating up soon.

Sadly, I only see races in England and Spain next year. Paris, Bayern and Juventus should win their leagues rather easily. This trend isn't limited to the big five leagues however. Basel, Olympiakos, Celtic, Benfica and Salzburg pretty much have monopolies now thanks to UCL money or in Salzburg's case, Red Bull money.

Interested to see how Leipzig and Hoffenheim (if they qualify) handle UCL and Bundesliga duty. History says they should struggle.

Kind of wish Monaco could keep their team together for another year. They won't though and with Lyon losing players and Marseille still a mess, I don't see any other result than Paris winning the league.

I really hate what Serie A has become. It was indisputably the best league in the world when I was growing up but now it's shadow of itself. Both Milan teams are a mess and Roma and Napoli don't have the resources to battle Juventus long term. Serie A should go back to 18 teams, the quality isn't there for a 20 team league.

Might not be a popular opinion but I just don't see how Atletico competes with Barcelona and Real Madrid once Simeone leaves after this year. I just don't want them to become what Valencia is now. At least they got their stadium built.

Juve is an old team. A big drop in form from parts of the BBC, Alves, or Khedira wouldn't surprise me. I think Napoli could push them next year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah it feels like their window in Europe is probably closing (or it closed). Their window in Italy may not be far behind, especially if either of the Milan clubs could get it together.

Snorky's Shame

Juventus will probably just buy the better players in the league to replace Buffon and their backline.

Juventus has one huge advantage over Internazionale, Milan, Roma, etc. in that they own their stadium. This means not paying rent to the local government and having greater control of the revenue generated around the stadium.

As for Napoli, they have to be more consistent to make a run at Serie A. On their day though, they can beat anyone home or away.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm interested to see where Andrea Belotti ends up. I hope he stays in Italy, but his release clause is crazy, 100m euro or something. Inter (supposedly) has money from their new owners, but I don't know if it's that much; they also have have Mauro Icardi. Him ending up at one of the Milan clubs is the best case, long-term for Serie A.

Snorky's Shame

So Barcelona is going after Bellerin.

This board is full of fucking morons. Semedo is cheaper and a better fit than Bellerin. Plus, name a player that has been better at Barcelona than at Arsenal. This goes back to the post-Figo panic buy spree which included Petit (awful) and Overmars (serviceable but rarely healthy).

EDIT: Ok, maybe Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I actually wouldn't mind the $50 at all if you got all the games. But I'm not going to pay $50 so I can watch Arsenal play Watford or whoever without being able to watch the big games, too.

tab10

I actually wouldn't mind the $50 at all if you got all the games. But I'm not going to pay $50 so I can watch Arsenal play Watford or whoever without being able to watch the big games, too.

Do you not have cable, satellite, Sling, PS Vue, or Directv Now? You'd still get the big games if you do.

Snorky's Shame

Random CAF Champions League game on beIn Espanol featuring one of the worst kit clashes I've ever seen.

Mamelodi Sundowns: Yellow shirts, Blue shorts, White socks
Vita: Lime green shirts, Black shorts, Lime green socks

:emo:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Very sad. I've experienced both results from massive brain damage (death & recovery), but it's just grueling. My Grandfather was given the ultimatum and made a semi recovery for about 4 months before passing but it's so tough to watch. Basically every doctor I can remember from both situations says after about 5 minutes without oxygen the chance of a normal brain is very low or zero. If anything, makes Fabrice Muamba's story that more amazing.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It's the saddest sports story for a team I follow.

He joined Ajax before he was 10 and was the small, fun loving, cheery player who was about to break out. There are photos of him growing up in the Ajax uniform with Suarez, Hunterlaar and playing for youth teams that have been posted the last few days. It's really heartbreaking.

Snorky's Shame

UEFA Champions League Qualifying Third Round Draw:

FCSB (formerly Steaua) v Plzen
Nice v Ajax (both countries finding out the big difference between 5th and 6th in the coefficient)
Dynamo Kyiv v Young Boys
AEK v CSKA Moskva
Club Brugge v Basaksehir

Hoffenheim, Liverpool, Napoli, Sevilla and Sporting join in the next round.

Slavia Prague v BATE/Alashkert
Spartaks Jurmala /Astana v Mariehamn/Legia
Zrinjski/Maribor v Hafnarfjordur/Vikingur
Zilina/Kobenhavn v Malmo/Vardar
Linfield/Celtic v Dundalk/Rosenborg
Hapoel Beer-Sheva/Honved v Zalgiris/Ludogorets
Viitorul v APOEL/Dudelange
Hibernians/Salzburg v Rijeka/TNS
Qarabag/Samtredia v Sheriff/Kukesi
Partizan/Buducnost v Olympiacos

A Partizan-Olympiacos tie would be interesting in terms of number of police needed at the match.

DanishDonut0

Damn that Ajax-Nice matchup is so good at this stage of the tournament

Also praying for that København-Malmo tie, would be out of control. I should be all settled in Copenhagen by then too :thumbsup:

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
3BDHUF.png

Snorky's Shame

So...what does Barcelona do with the $220 million?

This is Ronaldo and Figo all over again. Ronaldo to Internazionale got Barcelona Rivaldo and two La Liga titles. Figo netted overpaying for Overmars, a bunch of crap and set the club back three years.

Shit.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
From the Ajax website via google translate

English:

Abdelhak Nouri has been moved from the intensive care to the medium care department in the hospital. He is breathing all by himself now and isn't kept in sleep anymore by the doctors. Besides that, nothing has changed. Appie is still stable, but with severe and permanent brain damage.

:vomit:

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
No News on Neyney. Also, Kenedy has been sent home, and the Chinese are closing in on Chelsea. Good. Let my EPL club know that Brazilian troublemakers are not needed, guys.
nintchdbpict0003408485921.jpg

回家肯尼迪你巴西的一块狗屎!
:emo::emo::emo::emo::emo::emo::emo:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
From what I gathered, he's brain dead and there's no hope. Totally awful.

Brick

That sucks. Why couldn't it be that guy from Uruguay who bites people?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk