• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I'll take the one that isn't being carried by the best player of all time. Member when LeBron made More Williams an all star? I member.

dont do that...answer the question

based on those stats from this season, which player are you taking?

Player A (on top) or player B (bottom obviously)

sayo

YEET
Context is everything. Dame is the focal point of what Portland does and Kyrie gets to play off of the best player in the world.

Reel

Community Liaison
Context is everything. Dame is the focal point of what Portland does and Kyrie gets to play off of the best player in the world.

so if i post Kyrie's stats pre lebron and they are similar, then what?

so its kyrie's fault Lebron went back to cleveland?

its kyrie's fault they traded wiggins for Love?

sounds like some problems Portland would love to have

sayo

YEET
Dame is also not considered this next big thing at the point position and flies under the radar for the most part. I'll take the guy who has shown the ability to carry a top 5-10 offense as "the guy".

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
so if i post Kyrie's stats pre lebron and they are similar, then what?

so its kyrie's fault Lebron went back to cleveland?

its kyrie's fault they traded wiggins for Love?

sounds like some problems Portland would love to have

No one said it's Kyrie's fault. He is just overrated as hell. I doubt he cares with a ring, three Finals appearances, and millions of dollars, but he is overrated and also thinks the Earth is flat.

You are mistaken. Kyrie doesn't play with Kevin Durant.

Quit it

evil1

Right now, I think Kyrie is properly rated. He is a legitimate perennial All-Star who is in that second tier of PGs. For all of the trouble he has had in Games 1 & 2 of these Finals, he has had a great post season and had a great Finals performance last year (even hitting the game winning three in Game 7).

The problem is that Damian Lillard is criminally underrated. Because he is in the same conference as Curry, Harden, Chris Paul and RUSS, Lillard is going to be overshadowed.

Reel

Community Liaison
Right now, I think Kyrie is properly rated. He is a legitimate perennial All-Star who is in that second tier of PGs. For all of the trouble he has had in Games 1 & 2 of these Finals, he has had a great post season and had a great Finals performance last year (even hitting the game winning three in Game 7).

The problem is that Damian Lillard is criminally underrated. Because he is in the same conference as Curry, Harden, Chris Paul and RUSS, Lillard is going to be overshadowed.

bolded

this

i think both are pretty good players, but outside of this place, i've NEVER heard anyone refer to kyrie as overrated

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I've never heard anyone refer to Kyrie as a top 15 player outside of this place either, so take that as you will

Reel

Community Liaison
my point is, out of the what...400 or so players in the league, is it really terrible to be ranked 15-20 vs 10-15? I wouldnt imagine the dropoff is that much...you are still in the top 10% of the league

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
So why aren't you tom bout how much you want Bradley Beal on the Pelicans? He's probably top 40, that puts him in the top 10% of the league

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is there any other sport where the title is decided before the first game is played? Like really decided, not just in the minds of bammer fans?

We knew preseason that golden state would beat Cleveland in the finals.

This year? Yeah probably. Last year Warriors were supposed to beat the Cavs in the Finals too, but they almost lost before then and did lose to the Cavs. So if you limit ur scope to one year that is the case.

Personally though, I think Lebron is waiting until he's down 3-0 to let Lebrin out and make the greatest comeback ever.

zoltan

The NBA has become an arms race in order to combat one man.

If KD wins this championship or Finals MVP it's gonna look watered down and hollow. Not just for him but also for the league. And if they do sweep I assume there will be a HUGE roster shakeup for the Cavs because at the moment, if you take Lebron off this Cavs team they would suck sooooo hard. I don't even think they would get out of the first round.

And yet he carries them to the finals for three years straight and they don't have the decency to play their hearts out for this man who has given everything to them. I'd rather see Delladova and Mozgov and those scrappy fools from 2015 than Love and Irving out there at this point. Love is soft, you can see it in his eyes, he's not a killer. If he wasn't so physically gifted he wouldn't even be in the D League. Thank goodness Curry missed that shot last year or I'm sure he would be rotting away somewhere on a non playoff team like the Knicks, averaging great numbers without winning any games.

Kyrie is a FUN offensive threat who competes, but he makes the game so hard on himself with all that shaking and constant erratic movement. So many of his points are contested jab pull ups, off the dribble pull ups, or crazy lay ups. Which are all fun and make for nasty highlight reels, but he doesn't score with the ease like a Curry who has a smoother shot release, an easier layup package, and a higher willingness to kick the ball.

The Cavs team sucks outside of Lebron. They decimate the East because they're the only team in that conference that plays effectively with that uptempo style and the Wizards aren't there yet, but the Warriors literally have 4 of the best players at their position.

It will take a superhuman effort from Lebron for the Cavs to win any games, but Kyrie needs to get going asap if not they will get swept.

evil1

Isn't LeBron the one who started the recent trend of star free agents switching teams in order to join other star players to form a super team?

evil1

I don't think Cleveland can shake up their roster. JR Smith is signed for 3 more years ($15 mil/year), Tristan Thompson is signed for 3 more years ($17 mil/year), Kyrie is signed for 3 more years ($20 mil/year), and Love is signed for 3 more years (including the player option, $23 mil/year).

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't think Cleveland can shake up their roster. JR Smith is signed for 3 more years ($15 mil/year), Tristan Thompson is signed for 3 more years ($17 mil/year), Kyrie is signed for 3 more years ($20 mil/year), and Love is signed for 3 more years (including the player option, $23 mil/year).
They can easily shed those contracts if LeBron wants to. Love+JR for Melo, Kyrie+Tristian for CP3 (or PG, Jimmy Butler, whatever), etc. I don't think moving Kyrie or Love is hard at all.

But it might be easier for LeBron at this point to just leave and align to a new team. The Cavs defensively aren't good enough. You'd need to radically change the roster. They've been bad defensively all year too.

Tailback U

Dame is better but Kyrie is not as far behind as some are making him out to be. I think some people are overrating him but some of you are also underrating him. He's only 24. He is in that 2nd tier of PG's outside of the top ones, which are some of the point guards the league has ever seen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cavs win game 3 so all this talk about shaking up teams to combat the Warriors is silly to me. If the Spurs didn't lose Kawhi that was going to be a good series.

Everybody loves to hate the Warriors and act like they aren't doing something special or deserve credit, which is whatever, but it's not their fault teams can't stay healthy throughout the regular season and playoffs.

Last edited:

Brick

The media and random NBA docuhe potential reaction to LeBron winning this series is exponentially more annoying than Draymong. If you don't like watching the Warriors, fuck you.

Tailback U

The media and random NBA docuhe potential reaction to LeBron winning this series is exponentially more annoying than Draymong. If you don't like watching the Warriors, fuck you.

Before the series: "LeBron James is gaining on Michael Jordan, the Cavs have only lost 1 game in the playoffs, and they beat this team you can argue that he is better than MJ."

If the Cavs get swept: "The Warriors have a super team and it's just not fair and they have ruined the league."