• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Norris Cole
I think you are misremembering what happened when LeBron left Miami for Cleveland after the 2013-2014 season.

Yes, Kevin Love was not yet on the Cavs the very day when LeBron signed, but Cleveland already had the #1 pick (Andrew Wiggins) and people already knew that LeBron wanted Cleveland to trade him for Kevin Love. Just do a google search for "LeBron James has reached to tell Kevin Love of his desire for them to play together with the Cavaliers". It was a forgone conclusion that LeBron was orchestrating the Kevin Love trade. At the end of the 2013-2014 season, Love was a three time All Star, had just made the All-NBA second team, and was 11th in MVP voting.

At the end of the 2013-2014 season, Kyrie Irving was already a two time All Star and was even named the MVP of the 2014 All Star game. So yes, a big reason why LeBron left Miami to go back to Cleveland is so he could team up with two other top players to form another super team like he had in Miami. If you want to argue that at the time Love was closer to #10 and Kyrie closer to #20 than the top 15, um OK.

Yes, Love and Irving were injured the first time Cleveland met Golden State in the Finals. Love was injured in round one of the playoffs against Boston and Kyrie in game 1 of the Finals. So what's your point? That LeBron was unlucky that his intended super team that year was injured at the most inopportune time?

I stand by initial point, it is dumb to criticize Golden State as being a super team when this Cleveland team was also created to be a super team. The only difference is that Golden State is now a more stacked super team.
We are criticizing KD allowing them to become a more stacked super team because he's bitch maid

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Love was also playing on the god-awful Timberwolves at the time sooooo

I know lol, I'm a Timberwolves "fan"

Kevin Love has a special place in my heart considering he played for UCLA and the Timberwolves. He's still never been a top 10 player in the NBA, though.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I know lol, I'm a Timberwolves "fan"

Kevin Love has a special place in my heart considering he played for UCLA and the Timberwolves. He's still never been a top 10 player in the NBA, though.
Yeah I was agreeing with you, easy to put up great numbers when he was the only player better than reserve-caliber on the entire team.

evil1

I think you're misremembering, because no one on Earth would've taken you seriously if you said Kevin Love was a top 10 player and Kyrie was a top 20 player in 2014.

I'm not saying I agree (in fact I always thought Love was a little overrated), but at the time (after the 2013-2014 season - before the 2014-2015 season)
Sports Illustrated had Love ranked #7 https://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-nba-players-2015-list#10to1
Bleacher Report had him ranked #7 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...25-players-in-the-nba-entering-2014-15-season
ESPN had him #7 http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11754398/

A quick google search shows that most sites had Love ranked anywhere from #5 to #10 and Kyrie #15 to #24 (but mostly around #20 to #23).

NML

That list would need to get to 115 before we get to IT.

-YTC

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

sayo

YEET
Finally. I think Warriors in 6. If it goes to 7, I like the Cavs just cause the mental edge. I'm hearing lots of 4 or 5 game predictions and I don't buy it. Cavs aren't on the level of GS but they're still great offensively and can conceivably win shootouts. I just hope we get goat LeBron on both ends. I'm sure he's excited to play his two sons, kd and Steph.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Plus he prolly mad about someone out in enlightened progressive California painting "Nigger" on his house.

sayo

YEET
Kyrie is so bad right now. Maybe one of these games he'll take advantage of a mismatch? Klay is also shitty but at least he is a plus on defense.

sayo

YEET
The fact that it's only 8 points is pretty amazing
Yeah, the Cavs should honestly feel pretty good. Turnovers and defensive mistakes should have them down way more. Also, one of these role players has to step up and provide some firepower from outside. They're already shit on defense.