• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

That dude doesn't know shit.
337f4db66dc326429cfd2cbf0aa3f64e.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Please be true, please be true

Why take on the Texas gig and be considered a failure for going 7-5/8-4 when you can take $1-2 million less per year and start every season, at Houston, 7-1 before fading to an 8-4/9-3 finish and be considered a success?

Kiffin to Oregon needs to happen. Can Kiffin keep Hoke as his DC or will he want to bring his dad in again?

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I can see Oregon hiring Kiffin because he's a name brand, which is fucking pathetic because the attention he gets despite any sort of legitimate success as a head coach is the most puzzling thing ever in sports.

It's mystifying.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Les would still be there if he got out of his way on the offensive side of the ball. Could Les recruit Louisiana and Texas? Yes.

Can Coach O recruit there too? I think so and he will keep Coach Aranda as the DC.

LSU will save the money they were going to spend on Hermann and spend it on an OC who believes in a 21st century scheme. I think it's a good fit and I think he has learned from his time at Ole Miss and USC.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Yeah, because Coach O and Alleva seem like the men to make a good OC choice.

We'll see. We all know hachiko could go 8-4 at LSU. IMO it's QB play/development more than it is the scheme. They were winning 9-10 games a year in the Jordan Jefferson/Brandon Harris years and those guys were awful. They were actually pretty balanced the 1 year they had Mettenberger.

I know Coach O is fun to make fun of with his accent and demeanor, but I think he is smart enough to realize that he needs to update the offense. He has his dream job, is hungry for success and will continue to recruit Top 10 talent. Outside of Hermann (who wasn't interested) I think he is a good choice.

"Tell'em about it JoJo"

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Aranda will go to Texas with Herman. Corch O will try to hire his buddy Kiffin to run his offense.

Thepro_23

I think it's a decent choice. Coach O has Louisiana roots and can recruit really well. If they were to surround him with good coordinators, he could have successs. That being said, it's definitely a step down from Miles.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I think it's a decent choice. Coach O has Louisiana roots and can recruit really well. If they were to surround him with good coordinators, he could have successs. That being said, it's definitely a step down from Miles.

All we've got to do is bring in people who are actually elite coaches so that our head coach won't fail again. It's all planned out in the binder.

Brick

Any moron can recruit Louisiana. There is no competition even with Bama being as good as they have been. Talent wouldn't be a question regardless of the coach. In fact the last qualification for an LSU coach should be recruiting.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I assume LSU can pay Kevin Wilson more to be OC than IU are paying him to be HBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.