• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Bert keeps winning bowl games against shitty teams and makes Arkansas fans think he's amazing so not happening.

coogrfan

Herman must have been too busy looking for a house in Austin yesterday to corch Houston to a win.

RB Duke Catalon, who outrushed the entire Sooners team in the season opener- DNP/injured.
CB Brandon Wilson, whose 109 yd missed fg return was the turning point of that game - DNP/injured.
LB Steven Taylor, who leads the Coogs in sacks - DNP/suspended.
LB Tyus Bowser, 2nd on the team in sacks - DNP/injured.

Just sayin'...

coogrfan

Kliff Kingsbury:

• 22-22 overall
  • 11-19 in the Big 12
  • 7-0 against Kansas and Iowa State
  • 4-19 against the rest of the Big 12
  • 1-20 when trailing at halftime
  • 0-3 against Baylor
  • 0-3 against Oklahoma State
  • 0-3 against Oklahoma
  • 1-3 against Kansas State
  • 1-2 against Texas
  • 1-2 against TCU
  • 1-3 against West Virginia
  • 13-22 against all power five opponents and 9-0 (4-0 against FCS schools) against others
  • 6-22 against power five opponents not named Kansas or ISU

Now the question - how is this guy not on the hot seat?

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Kliff Kingsbury:

• 22-22 overall
  • 11-19 in the Big 12
  • 7-0 against Kansas and Iowa State
  • 4-19 against the rest of the Big 12
  • 1-20 when trailing at halftime
  • 0-3 against Baylor
  • 0-3 against Oklahoma State
  • 0-3 against Oklahoma
  • 1-3 against Kansas State
  • 1-2 against Texas
  • 1-2 against TCU
  • 1-3 against West Virginia
  • 13-22 against all power five opponents and 9-0 (4-0 against FCS schools) against others
  • 6-22 against power five opponents not named Kansas and ISU

Now the question - how is this guy not on the hot seat?

Kliff should remain head corch forever because of this:

Skeeter

Uber felon
Doesnt the purple meany have a stupid contract making it hard to buy out. I don't think I'm making this up but i think the domers are still cutting checks to Weiss.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Kingsbury is young, he's a hero in Texas Tech lore, he calmed an extremely acrimonious situation between the fan base and the school over the way they fucked Leach in favor of a guy who murdered hookers.

And I do think, unlike a lot of mid-tier programs, Tech has some idea that it's not that easy to convince top talent and top flight coaches to spend their lives in Lubbock, TX.

They're not having the success they had under Leach. Well no shit. Mike Leach is a great coach and was an absolutely perfect fit for that program.

I'd be pretty shocked if they tried to ax Kliff. Who are they going to get?

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
As usual, even when Purdue does something right, they still do something wrong. I'm pretty sure his buyout was going to drop a couple million after the season.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
th

See that? That's Delaware. That's where I'm headed.

bruin

Mora is safe at UCLA unless he bolts for the NFL.Wasserman Center is on track faster than expected. No chance in hell UCLA can afford to fire a coach that was the reason the Football facility is being built. He's also 3-1 against USC which is really the only the thing many boosters care about. @BasinBictory

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Mora is safe at UCLA unless he bolts for the NFL.Wasserman Center is on track faster than expected. No chance in hell UCLA can afford to fire a coach that was the reason the Football facility is being built. He's also 3-1 against USC which is really the only the thing many boosters care about. @BasinBictory

Mora is shaping up to be the next Terry Donahue, which, in UCLA circles, might as well be God. A guy whose teams are always good, always competent, and can beat USC 2 years out of every three, and send numerous players to the pros, but never quite get over that hump and win the big one.

Renegade

Charge on!
AAC coaching situation, ranked in order of likeliness to have an opening:

1. Houston - Herman as a top candidate at LSU, UT, USC, and any other top job that opens up
  2. Temple - Rhule is a Penn State alum and is definitely waiting on Franklin to get canned. I doubt he'd leave for the BC job, but if a decent ACC or B1G job opens up, he might be gone. Could see him going after Notre Dame too.
  3. USF - I expect USF to win the AAC East, and for Taggart to be a strong contender at any mid-level P5 job. Not sure if he'd leave for a Kentucky, BC, or Purdue, but could be a contender if a better job opens up. Quite a turnaround for a guy who was considered a firing candidate as late as the beginning of last season. I think Georgia Tech has to take a look at him.
  4. Tulsa - Montgomery looks to be turning things around at Tulsa. This might be a year early for him to jump, but could see him as a contender for Baylor (though with the baggage of being connected to Briles), Texas Tech, or another mid-level Big 12 job.
  5. Cincinnati - They're 0-3 in conference and despite the contract extension, it seems like Tuberville is running out of time in Year 4. A disastrous conference season will have him on the hotseat, but probably gets at least another year. After all, Cincy just missed out on the Big 12 payday and they've been spending loads of cash trying to look like a P5 program for the Big 12 beauty pageant. I doubt they can afford to can him.
  6. UCF - Frost could be a target for Oregon if they can Helfrich. He has accomplished a big turnaround at UCF, even if the 3-3 record doesn't show it...he's a couple of mistakes by a true FR QB (who he wanted to recruit to Oregon) from being 5-1. The team is night and day from the disaster last year and another recruiting class should complete the turnaround. Nevertheless, he will have a hard time turning down his personal friend Phil Knight and his wad of $$$, but I think Frost is primarily angling for an elite-level job in a major city. It seems that he and Mrs. Frost prefer a big city with social life, not a college town. Oregon concerns me, but jobs like USC and UT that might not come open for another year or two concern me much more. Auburn might be a top level job that he'd consider despite the college town. He has repeatedly said he wants to be in an area where he doesn't have to traipse around the country looking for recruits and can just go to his backyard to find the talent he needs, which was a negative he mentioned about Oregon and also applies to Nebraska.
  7. Memphis - Norvell is one of the youngest HCs in the country. The big time offense is there still despite losing Paxton Lynch, and if Memphis can beat Navy this weekend, they're in the driver's seat for the AAC West. I doubt Norvell bails after a year, so he's ranked low, but he could become a target once the carousel starts moving. If Memphis keeps up their hot start, he'll definitely be on everyone's list next year.
  8. Connecticut - I personally think Diaco is doing a good job at UConn rebuilding the disaster he inherited from Pasqualoni, but it seems that UConn's fans are running out of patience and wanted a quick turnaround. This is just year 3, and they improved from 2-10 to 6-7 last year, so even if they don't get back to a bowl game, I think he survives at least another year. UConn would be silly to fire him given the mess inherited.
  9. SMU - Chad Morris is already showing up on various hot seat lists. Sure, SMU has plenty of cash to fire someone, but it's just year 2 and he was left a trash heap by June Jones. Any sort of improvement will be good after 2-10. SMU is a 3+year rebuilding job; to get where they really want to be, they will need Morris to be around until Year 6 imo.
  10. East Carolina - Scottie Montgomery is having some hiccups in his first year. He gets some points from ECU for beating NC State, and they really should have beaten South Carolina, but it looks like their team is falling apart after poundings from UCF and USF. Ruffin left him a decent team but they have some holes he'll need to fill in the offseason. I think the frustration from most ECU fans thus far is about dumb penalties and other mistakes that show a lack of focus. But he still has plenty of time; ECU isn't trigger happy on firing coaches.
  11. Tulane - Willie Fritz will get a few years to show improvement at Tulane. I really thought that Curtis Johnson would get Tulane over the hump, and he seems to have recruited better, but Bob Toledo left them in tough shape and CJ couldn't get it done. I think Fritz will get them up into bowl eligibility territory, but AAC is a lot tougher than CUSA was, so it may take a commitment of 4-6 years to really build that foundation. I think Tulane will give a proven winner like Fritz plenty of opportunity, assuming he doesn't get poached for one good season in a year or two.
  12. Navy - Niumatalolo isn't going anywhere after flirting with BYU last year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Mora is shaping up to be the next Terry Donahue, which, in UCLA circles, might as well be God. A guy whose teams are always good, always competent, and can beat USC 2 years out of every three, and send numerous players to the pros, but never quite get over that hump and win the big one.

May I direct your attention to bruinsnation.com? Anyone who doesn't win a national title every year, no matter which sport it is, is clearly a fraud and should be fired immediately. I've never watched a UCLA soccer game in my life and I doubt 95% of the student base has either, but sure enough, you had a guy on there demanded that the corch be fired because he lost a game to Stanford. I looked up his career record and it's 155-62-39. Lol.

Craig7835

Is this the same Terry Donahue that went from coaching UCLA,to sitting in the CBS analyst desk to being the biggest douchebag of GM with the 49ers?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Montgomery and Morris should both be top candidates for the Baylor job after the season if they were smart. They might be too busy ignoring sexual assaults though.

Renegade

Charge on!
Montgomery and Morris should both be top candidates for the Baylor job after the season if they were smart. They might be too busy ignoring sexual assaults though.

Well, I think Montgomery is possibly too close to Briles for Baylor to be able to do that, and Morris went 2-10 last year and might well finish 2-10 this year...maybe 3-9 if they knock off Tulane or ECU. Not sure I see Baylor hiring a guy with 2 2-10 seasons on his resume, regardless of how justified those results may be based on the D-2 talent he inherited.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Well, I think Montgomery is possibly too close to Briles for Baylor to be able to do that, and Morris went 2-10 last year and might well finish 2-10 this year...maybe 3-9 if they knock off Tulane or ECU. Not sure I see Baylor hiring a guy with 2 2-10 seasons on his resume, regardless of how justified those results may be based on the D-2 talent he inherited.
The entire coaching staff remains, including Briles own kid. The only thing Baylor can't do is rehire briles himself, but I bet someone has already thrown the idea out there repeatedly.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
May I direct your attention to bruinsnation.com? Anyone who doesn't win a national title every year, no matter which sport it is, is clearly a fraud and should be fired immediately. I've never watched a UCLA soccer game in my life and I doubt 95% of the student base has either, but sure enough, you had a guy on there demanded that the corch be fired because he lost a game to Stanford. I looked up his career record and it's 155-62-39. Lol.

Well, Donahue himself is the one that instilled the "beating USC is moar important than anything else" mentality. I've always thought that there was no reason whatsoever that UCLA shouldn't be the same kind of football juggernaut that USC has historically been. Same city, same recruiting base, same weather, same hot bitches, same well-to-do alumni, etc.

But I guess getting spanked four years in a row branded his psyche with a pathological hatred for the Trojans to where, instead of trying to make UCLA a premier football program competing for MNCs, he was satisfied with 6-5 every year as long as USC went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.