• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'm sure the 6-7 year has been held against him. urban has done the Co thing with o and d since he's been here.

Fickle loves osu so that could be part of it. he would definitely have some built in advantages at a team like Cincinnati over a fau type school.

No idea if he would turn out good or bad but wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot. easy guy to root for.

coogrfan

tumblr_ngu424kgqi1r3i2kko2_r1_500-no-disney-is-not-ditching-george-lucas-s-ideas-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-gif-230159.gif

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
If Houston followed through on their stated intent of having a high buyout for a coach leaving, I think this could work out. Lane was a good, not great, coach previous to Alabama. If he has really learned from Saban on how to run a program, he could be highly effective as HC at an easy place to win like Houston. You can't deny that he has done a solid job as OC. No doubt he'll be an effective recruiter, so if he just has some good assistants on defense, seems to me that this could be a good hire for UH. I know that's going to be a minority opinion on here, but I guess we'll see.

(Also not going to bother me if he runs the place in the ground and because of the buyout UH is stuck with him...really clears the road for UCF to dominate the conference)

coogrfan

If Houston followed through on their stated intent of having a high buyout for a coach leaving, I think this could work out. Lane was a good, not great, coach previous to Alabama. If he has really learned from Saban on how to run a program, he could be highly effective as HC at an easy place to win like Houston. You can't deny that he has done a solid job as OC. No doubt he'll be an effective recruiter, so if he just has some good assistants on defense, seems to me that this could be a good hire for UH. I know that's going to be a minority opinion on here, but I guess we'll see.

(Also not going to bother me if he runs the place in the ground and because of the buyout UH is stuck with him...really clears the road for UCF to dominate the conference)

noooo-o.gif

Brick

I love when Gary Danielson spooges over Kiffin throwing his hands up every time there's an apparent TD. Have you ever been to a footbaw game? Like at least 10% of the stadium is doing that when a guy is running free, and they don't even know the design of the play.

Brick

That's the first time I've heard Taggart speak. I don't think I will have a hard time liking him at all which is good. He seems like a cool person. No idea how good of a coach he will be. That will probably be the first and last time I watch a press conference of him. It was as useless and uninformative as those things tend to be. He did say he was keeping the TEMPO TEMPO spread and was going after the best DC he could get. I could do without the stupid Harbaugh-isms, but that's sports.

Brick

WINNING THE PRESS COFNERENCE

Willie Taggart won his first news conference on Thursday. Absolutely killed it. He was warm, engaging, funny, revealing and enthusiastic. I don't know if he'll win a pile of football games next season, but Oregon finally has a coach who can win a news conference again.

The biggest failure in Helfrich's leadership wasn't X's and O's. It wasn't discipline. I wasn't preparation. Rather, it was his failure to connect warmly with his players.
Oh, brother.

sayo

YEET
he's my college football equivalent matt walsh fuckboi. he's so terrible but I can't help myself.
I actually don't mind him most of the time. I get tying the charisma with being a good recruiter argument, but his obsession with Taggart's press conference is weird.

Renegade

Charge on!
Holy crap. Is PJ Fleck really gonna stay at WMU? Nobodys gonna hire the guy who just went undefeated? Wow.

What job is there that he'd want? Why go to some shit job like Purdue? Notre Dame has a good chance of being open next year, as might Nebraska, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Auburn, Kansas State...lot of potential jobs in the next year or two. No reason to bail to a shit job if you're confident you can keep winning at a high clip at WMU.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Keep in mind that comes from a thread that has used the sentence "wants to stay in Starkville" more than once. I know they're talking about Dan Mullen but to me I can't believe anyone ever has wanted to stay in Starkville ever to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.