• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

worst2first

Dallas Cowboys Face Another “Devastating” Season Setback After Luke Bryan Named Halftime Performer

Dallas Cowboys Face Another “Devastating” Season Setback After Luke Bryan Named Halftime Performer

“We’re going to get through this as a team,” says Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett.

- – – – – – -
In a season that started out so promising for America’s Team, including a 2-0 record with key wins against division opponents and a roster that some believed was good enough to make another run at the Super Bowl, adversity has struck once again.

Before the 2015 football season even started, the Dallas Cowboys franchise lost their best defensive player when star cornerback Orlando Scandrick went down in practice with a torn ACL and was deemed out for the year. Then wide receiver Dez Bryant, arguably the second-best player on the Cowboys, suffered a foot injury in a Week 1 victory against the New York Giants which sidelined him for the first half of the season. Then the very next week, the team’s leader, quarterback Tony Romo went down with a broken left clavicle during a win over the Philadelphia Eagles. Since the injuries, the Cowboys have dropped four straight.

To add insult to injury, on Tuesday (10-27), the Dallas Cowboys got the devastating news that that Bro-Country superstar Luke Bryan will be performing the halftime show of the team’s annual Thanksgiving Day game on November 26th. The news was said to be taken like a cannon shot to the gut of the already bruised and battered locker room, and now the morale of the team is at an all-time low.

“Luke Bryan? Are you kidding me? This is devastating,” said the team’s backup long snapper, DeMarcus Frankenfurter. “Why don’t they just roll a dumpster out to the 50 yard line and set it on fire?”

In his weekly press conference, Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett spoke about the news.

“We’re going to get through this as a team,” Garrett said. “We talk to our players all the time about adversity, and how every team faces adversity, and the ones who succeed are the teams to can meet that adversity and rise to the challenge by taking one day at a time, one play at a time, focusing on the task at hand, and winning in all three phases of the game: offense, defense, and special teams.”

Still, Coach Garrett’s lesson on perseverance isn’t resonating with some on the team. “Get King George Strait to play it. Hell, he sold out the Death Star for his final concert,” suggested DeMarcus Frankenfurter. “Or there’s this whole new generation of cool country artists these days, folks like Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Jason Isbell who’d do a hell of a lot better than plain vanilla Luke Bryan.”

This won’t be the first time for Luke Bryan to perform at a sporting event. At the All-Star Game in 2012, Bryan sang the National Anthem while nefariously reading the words off his hand.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

1492650073604190246.jpg

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
"At least when I go to a Redskins game, I've got something to show for it, folks"

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Ate dinner with Brian Orakpo tonight. Nice guy. He was wearing some crazy shiny high top tennis shoes. I'm sure they were like a million dollars.

PSUEagle

@bruin

Thoughts on the Chiefs the rest of the year? Feel like their slow start was a combination of bad luck/choking (Denver) and a really tough early slate (Green Bay, Cincinnati). I bet them this morning because I think they're better than their record TBH. Detroit OTOH just blows.

Based on Andy's history with Philly I feel like KC will finish hot and end up at 8-8 or something. Probably bad long term because that costs you a shot at a Top 10 pick (and QB) but that's the price of having a good coach: too good to tank.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not watching (obv) but saw my Google Alert for the score. Leave Caldwell at wembley

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jim better come up with a shocking bout of cancer before he gets on that plane back to Detroit or that plane may not even be there

Brick

caldwell was chopped liver on day one. i would have love to have been a fly on the wall in the room when they decided to offer him the job. lions front office is the worst.

bruin

@bruin

Thoughts on the Chiefs the rest of the year? Feel like their slow start was a combination of bad luck/choking (Denver) and a really tough early slate (Green Bay, Cincinnati). I bet them this morning because I think they're better than their record TBH. Detroit OTOH just blows.

Based on Andy's history with Philly I feel like KC will finish hot and end up at 8-8 or something. Probably bad long term because that costs you a shot at a Top 10 pick (and QB) but that's the price of having a good coach: too good to tank.

Pretty much agree on everything. Knew there was a good shot going into the bye week at .500 with that schedule. Chicago loss an absolute killer. 4-4 looks so much better than 3-5.

Defense coming on strong in the last month. Finally seeing what they're capable of. Peters might be a top 5 CB already. And Jaye Howard has stepped up huge while Poe has been banged up.

Oak x2, SD x2, Buff and Cle at home. Can see 8-8. Probably miss the playoffs by a game because the AFC is pure ass (besides NE) which would be a sweet kick to the dick considering everything.

DanishDonut0

Gurley is so good.

Gotta love 49ers management. Hyde is hurt, they have Bush who is made of glass and they waive Hayne who has showed flashes of potential. Then Bush gets knocked out of the game in the opening minutes. lol

Dexil

pretty dumb hit too, lockette had a guy on his hip already so it wasn't like he was going to make a play, plus it was fair caught. Wouldn't call it a dirty hit though, just really hard and at the head/neck area and overall unnecessary.

but damn are the fox announcers/pereira fucking shills: spent like 15 minutes spewing NFL company line garbage about player safety and why it wasn't a penalty, all while this dude is getting strapped to a board and hasn't moved since he got hit... good look :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.