• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Shit was sad. If he is hurt, then he needs to not play until he is as healthy as he can be for a beat up 40 year old, and if the PF was a fake injury to help him save some dignity, he needs to let that injury linger for the rest of the season. He has no business playing again unless Brick gets hurt or something. Sad but true. Great career, though.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I have a hard time imagining her 9 year old said any of those things. Using her to validate her own misguided thoughts.

What Cam did was extremely tame compared to things in the past. Pelvic thrusts...yeah what the fuck ever.

I'm one of those guys that wants to see players having fun. I loved that year where Smitty, Chad Johnson, and TO were trading off touchdown celebrations. Grown men playing a game for a living and people want them to act dignified n shit. We watch footbaw to escape real life, not be an extension of it.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I have a hard time believe there are still fucking idiots out there who think the NFL stadium experience is any of the following

1) a good idea in general
2) safe for kids
3) safe for people who are easily offended

I mean, most of the popularity of live games is solely rooted in tailgate culture, which involves a lot of drinking, and the lots open 4 hours early prior to game. Do the math. If you don't want to be around drunk morons you should probably stay at home.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There are just a lot of people who think that every event should be curated for them and appropriate for their situation regardless of what the event is. I mean everything she's bitching about (other than her weird latent desire to lie with Cam) is pretty much to be expected at an NFL game.

I'm gonna attend the next pride parade and then write an OpEd in Wapo, "This parade was kinda fruity."

Wolfman21

Yeah, I've been to 3 panthers games. Two of them were shitty experiences where I had beer spilled on me from someone sitting behind me. Not looking forward to the game this weekend, especially since I'll be wearing opposing team colors and especially because the Panthers are actually decent this year which has put their shitty fans in god mode. But oh well.

I'd never take a kid to a football game and expect them to see "role models".

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Yeah, I've been to 3 panthers games. Two of them were shitty experiences where I had beer spilled on me from someone sitting behind me. Not looking forward to the game this weekend, especially since I'll be wearing opposing team colors and especially because the Panthers are actually decent this year which has put their shitty fans in god mode. But oh well.

I'd never take a kid to a football game and expect them to see "role models".

I was kicked out of Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia. I was blackout but apparently it was fellow State fans complaining about me. My brother got kicked out of the Tangerine Bowl in 2010 by other State fans as well. Yeah we were being drunk idiots, but never were aggressive to other people, probably just said obscenities casually, which is pretty much standard fare for me anywhere other than work. What do these people expect? Half the fucking stadium at Carter-Finley leaves at halftime to drink and never come back, even if the game isn't lost yet. There's plenty of trog Panther fans. Grand majority of State fans are trogs. Most fans of any team are trogs. If you're not there to be fucked up in your own right, I have to seriously question your sober judgment.

Wolfman21

I was kicked out of Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia. I was blackout but apparently it was fellow State fans complaining about me. My brother got kicked out of the Tangerine Bowl in 2010 by other State fans as well. Yeah we were being drunk idiots, but never were aggressive to other people, probably just said obscenities casually, which is pretty much standard fare for me anywhere other than work. What do these people expect? Half the fucking stadium at Carter-Finley leaves at halftime to drink and never come back, even if the game isn't lost yet. There's plenty of trog Panther fans. Grand majority of State fans are trogs. Most fans of any team are trogs. If you're not there to be fucked up in your own right, I have to seriously question your sober judgment.

Thats...sad

bruin

Was this the Thursday nighter years back?

I remember your post about it on pre-flufftopia

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'm not saying I'm crazy drunk for every football game I go to, but I don't get shocked at trog behavior. Like kella said, the whole excessive drinking thing is woven into the fabric of the football experience. It's a lot easier to get through if you are drinking yourself. I went to plenty of State games as a child/teenager and was not traumatized.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Was this the Thursday nighter years back?

I remember your post about it on pre-flufftopia

Oh yeah. Ended up driving to Baton Rouge for App-LSU the next day only to barely spend any time in Louisiana at all because of that goddamn hurricane. Memorable trip and yet it was totally botched.

bruin

The NFL started this mantra about 10-15 years ago of "We must protect this house" garbage for home fans. Think that has a lot to do with how opposing fans are treated. How dare anybody wear colors or apparel of the other team.

You watch old highlights of games in the 70's, 80's and even 90's, there's hardly no grown men in jersey's and shit. People are wearing clothes as if they were heading out on a Saturday night to THE bar.

As for the tailgating, 4 hours is really nothing before a game. But it's probably too long for a NFL game. Like what has been said, prolly 75% of people tailgating are just there to get hammered. Not fans. Don't curr.

At the Rose Bowl, it used to be 10 hours before a game. Until a few years back when they decided to open the gates at 6:00 in the morning for a 7:30 night game for USC-UCLA. Shocking there were multiple stabbings on the golf course. Now it's only 6 hours, but I can count on one hand of how many fights I've seen at the RB and I've been tailgating there for 15+ years.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The NFL started this mantra about 10-15 years ago of "We must protect this house" garbage for home fans. Think that has a lot to do with how opposing fans are treated. How dare anybody wear colors or apparel of the other team.

You watch old highlights of games in the 70's, 80's and even 90's, there's hardly no grown men in jersey's and shit. People are wearing clothes as if they were heading out on a Saturday night to THE bar.

As for the tailgating, 4 hours is really nothing before a game. But it's probably too long for a NFL game. Like what has been said, prolly 75% of people tailgating are just there to get hammered. Not fans. Don't curr.

At the Rose Bowl, it used to be 10 hours before a game. Until a few years back when they decided to open the gates at 6:00 in the morning for a 7:30 night game for USC-UCLA. Shocking there were multiple stabbings on the golf course. Now it's only 6 hours, but I can count on one hand of how many fights I've seen at the RB and I've been tailgating there for 15+ years.

People were setting up tailgates Saturday in Iowa City at 7 a.m. because of that wresting meet, and the Minnesota game wasn't until 7:00 p.m. Lawd. Lots of drunken idiots, but the only fight that made the arrest logs was between a 30 year-old dude from Iowa and a 19 year-old from Minnesota, haha.

Also, this was from a few years ago:

xIF590d.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
People were setting up tailgates Saturday in Iowa City at 7 a.m. because of that wresting meet, and the Minnesota game wasn't until 7:00 p.m. Lawd. Lots of drunken idiots, but the only fight that made the arrest logs was between a 30 year-old dude from Iowa and a 19 year-old from Minnesota, haha.

Also, this was from a few years ago:

xIF590d.jpg

What a fucking waste of popcorn. Shit probably cost him $8 too.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
JJ Watt is a twat, but Andy Dalton's response to his post game interview has got to be the most pansy shit I've ever heard. He makes a terrible Red Ryder BB gun joke that he probably had rehearsed in the locker room before the game and Dalton gives the "Think of the chilrren, he's supposed to be a role model" shit.

worst2first

The only time I wear a jersey is when I put on the Jason Witten jersey my cousin gave me to save 10% at Albertson's. Even then I put it on over the shirt I'm wearing and take it off as soon as I get back to the car.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
JJ Watt loves him some JJ Watt. So does Cam. I mean I know it must be hard not to be even more arrogant than these guys already are, but it really make me appreciate the guys that are, at least publicly, humble.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I have a hard time believe there are still fucking idiots out there who think the NFL stadium experience is any of the following

1) a good idea in general
2) safe for kids
3) safe for people who are easily offended

I mean, most of the popularity of live games is solely rooted in tailgate culture, which involves a lot of drinking, and the lots open 4 hours early prior to game. Do the math. If you don't want to be around drunk morons you should probably stay at home.

No shit. All anybody has to do is turn on a Raiders or Philly game and look at the crowds. That is some family safe fun right there. A bunch of drink middle aged fans who dont take no dis-respecting of their team! Some of those crowd shots in these games look like it could be from the local prison. If I had a kid under the age of 16 that is totally where I would take them. /sarcasm

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They don't shoot each other but the quality of person at a Skins tailgate is about on par with Oakland or San Fran.

CJ_24

I'm not saying I'm crazy drunk for every football game I go to, but I don't get shocked at trog behavior. Like kella said, the whole excessive drinking thing is woven into the fabric of the football experience. It's a lot easier to get through if you are drinking yourself. I went to plenty of State games as a child/teenager and was not traumatized.

There may be a body of evidence that indicates otherwise.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
No shit. All anybody has to do is turn on a Raiders or Philly game and look at the crowds. That is some family safe fun right there. A bunch of drink middle aged fans who dont take no dis-respecting of their team! Some of those crowd shots in these games look like it could be from the local prison. If I had a kid under the age of 16 that is totally where I would take them. /sarcasm

Nothing like being a HS senior and having your dad walk to and from the bathroom with you at Veterans Stadium. Nine times out 10, we got to watch a guy piss in the sink. If we were really lucky, no one would puke while we were in there. Good times.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Wow. Dare I say that there is less trog behavior at NASCAR races than at NFL games. And that includes Talladega. And NASCAR is BYOB. I mean, they sell it too, but why buy it when you can bring your own cooler or RV full of beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.