• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Maybe it's just that there were so God damn many of them. Lawd, dark days.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

@Brick is selling the pro JaMarcus crowd short. They outnumbered the doubters probably 10-1
I thought he wasnt a 1st overall talent but at least a capable nfl starter

Raiders ruined him

Im sure pyrple drank also had a hand in it, but he would look much better on a quality team

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Raiders just exposed his true self

bruin

hear glowing reports about Amari Cooper.

then I remember he's going up against DJ Hayden in practice.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
BORTLES WATCH @Travis7401

Bortles 11/15 118 yrds 1 TD

Of those four incompletions, three were drops. Still, you would think at some point they'd take the training wheels off and let him use dat NFL ARM STRENGTH. Apparently a practice game wasn't the time to do it.

I thought Bortles looked reel e good. Much, much better footwork from what I saw.

Ur thoughts on Allen Robinson?

-YTC

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bortles and that retarded gangly love child of Elway's named @Brick both looked good in their pre-season games. Will wonders never cease?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's getting a lot of blame for the line really fucking up on that.... even if he cuts into the "hole" (which isn't where the hole is supposed to be fwiw) . The "hole" looks huge, but if he cuts it back that unblocked MLB is still going to meet him there for no gain.

He's supposed to follow that pulling guard, like he does, and ideally people block well enough at the point of attack that the guard serves as an extra blocker. None of that happens because the Raider's line gets destroyed and then the guard whiffs too with his little half ass shoulder check.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It is supposed to be a single back "Power" concept with the TE kicking the DE out and a double team on the 3-technique by the playside G/T with the playside G hopefully being able to go second level and chip the MLB if they get good movement on the 3-tech. The center down blocks on the 1-technique (I'd have him cut him) to limit penetration and the backside guard pulls through on play-side linebacker.

In reality, only the center makes a good block. The play-side G/T Double team doesn't get the movement you want, which forces the backside guard to run a longer path and slows the play down and you don't get a chip on the middle backer either. The TE gets absolutely destroyed by the DE and the pulling guard whiffs.

(Same blocking although from a different formation)

b0b5c4c07318334c019fe7262ce561d8_original.png

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2064621-nfl-101-introducing-the-power-running-game

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Looks like it might be a double tight formation too (hard to see with that vertical filming), so both TEs get destroyed :laughing:

PSUEagle

It is supposed to be a single back "Power" concept with the TE kicking the DE out and a double team on the 3-technique by the playside G/T with the playside G hopefully being able to go second level and chip the MLB if they get good movement on the 3-tech. The center down blocks on the 1-technique (I'd have him cut him) to limit penetration and the backside guard pulls through on play-side linebacker.

In reality, only the center makes a good block. The play-side G/T Double team doesn't get the movement you want, which forces the backside guard to run a longer path and slows the play down and you don't get a chip on the middle backer either. The TE gets absolutely destroyed by the DE and the pulling guard whiffs.

I disagree: I'd never cut on the backside of an A Gap, between the tackles run. Even though you usually coach the runner not to cutback on power, that possibility always exists.

Still, you're completely right about Richardson taking undeserved criticism on this play: the ROLB would have simply scraped over and blown him up. Either way not much was happening on that run.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Poor concept on the goal line also. The reason that play might work in that picture of the Packers is because they are in shotgun 3WR 1RB formation and that DE is going to be coming up field to rush the passer. To try to ask a TE to kick out a DE on the goal line in the NFL is laughable. TE are always going to get destroyed against DE in the NFL. The center was the only one with a good block because he had a down block which is the easiest block you can ever have.

Also, Trent Richardson has the worst vision of any running back I have ever seen in the NFL.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I disagree: I'd never cut on the backside of an A Gap, between the tackles run. Even though you usually coach the runner not to cutback on power, that possibility always exists.

Still, you're completely right about Richardson taking undeserved criticism on this play: the ROLB would have simply scraped over and blown him up. Either way not much was happening on that run.

Cutting is great in general because it is dastardly, makes people angry, and slows penetration on all future plays.

Also, I'd rather create a pile there than a hole because it helps to eliminate any backside pursuit or blitzes/stunts from putting a defender in that guard's pocket and pulling with him right into your RB. I love backside piles.

zzmkdgfk37gxesyslito.jpg

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

No, he's earned this criticism with an entire career that consists of nothing but Vines where he either refuses to cut into or cuts out of holes so large that @JAR201166 could be driven through them on a Rascal.

bruin

This is coming from someone who likes AC/DC. Invalidated.

I forgot what I was watching on YouTube, but they would cut off and show a different promo for her show.

After about the third one, the shtick was all the same.

But she's good looking, so the mouth breathers flock.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was mostly g8r trolling, I never watch her show because it's on fs1 and surely hampered by that fact alone. She's better than 99% of SPORTS PERSONALITIES on Twitter (@Brick) tho.

NML

I thought Bortles looked reel e good. Much, much better footwork from what I saw.

Ur thoughts on Allen Robinson?

-YTC

I like Robinson, and the Jaguars receivers in general. He and Julian Thomas are solid bigger options, Hurns is great in the slot, and the hope is that Marquis Lee can develop more on the outside. He was outplayed last year by Hurns and Robinson even though he was drafted the earliest.

Would like to see Robinson use his size better in the red zone - he was basically a non factor there, in no small part due to the complete ineptitude of the offense to get there. He's great on that 15 yard post route over the middle of the field.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How would a ghost, having no corporeal form, commit a rape?

NML

Literally zero indication that they will line him up at TE. They already have two primarily blocking TEs in Lewis and Clay Harbour.

PSUEagle

Anybody watching Hard Knocks?

Actually really enjoying this season so far: Bill O'Brien has a lot of personality. Love how he has the ability to be funny and engaging while also having the ability to ride players: a lot of coaches struggle with that IMO.

Also, Brian Cushing is exactly like I thought he would be:laughing: