• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
hOla pinche pendejos

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015...n-Red-Sox-to-avoid-being-swept/1181440998345/

CRBI1SMVEAA58Xu.png

Late slides, Chase Utley, and the Mets have never happened before.

image.jpeg

CJ_24

It is unfathomable that the Cubs have never clinched a playoff series win at Wrigley but, you know, Cubs.

I also never realized they have only won ONE playoff series since 1908: the 2003 NLDS.
Some things are right in this world.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
It is unfathomable that the Cubs have never clinched a playoff series win at Wrigley but, you know, Cubs.

I also never realized they have only won ONE playoff series since 1908: the 2003 NLDS.

Yup - they haven't had all that many chances recently, but they lost 7 world series between 1910-1945. Divisional play began in 1969...before that, the only "postseason series" was the World Series. For many of these years, the owners didn't give a crap about winning. Also, they've only had the NLDS since about 1996?

Divisional Playoff appearances:

They were within 1 game of the world series in 1984 and 2003 (and had 2 game series leads in both). Excluding those years and 2015, they only have 1 playoff win. They were swept in 1998, 2007, 2008 and only won a single game in the 1989 NLCS.

Wolfman21

So who do the Cubs want, LA or NY? Mets have a stable of pitchers to be envied all around. LA has Kershaw and Greinke. Neither of their offenses are as impressive as the Cubs, but postseason, especially deep postseason is always about the pitching.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I wonder how many people will die or commit felonies at Game 5 if it gets there?

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Jesus...Cardinal fans appear to have some serious homophobic tendencies. I haven't seen that many "faggot"bombs since 6th grade recess in the mid 90's.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There is some dumb Nationals fan with my exact government name that posts on articles everywhere with HIS/MY ACTUAL NAME.

Fuck whatever this idiot says probably a dozen people that know me are assuming it's me.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jesus...Cardinal fans appear to have some serious homophobic tendencies. I haven't seen that many "faggot"bombs since 6th grade recess in the mid 90's.

It's one thing to toss horrible insults around with some tongue in cheek - it happens here. Maybe more than it should, but it's not out of hate or spite. Cardinals fans not only mean this shit, they post it on public social media platforms to be collected by anyone, including their emplo- oh wait, nevermind.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I actually do agree with that mongoloid to some degree - baseball has so many games, they ought to be crowning a regular season and World Series champion.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The umpire waved his arms like he was calling time or the ball is dead and then reversed his own decision. Jays just got fucked with their pants on.