• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Super Mario transfer confirmed.

Anyone want to moneymouth their standing or his goals? Looking at you @hayvis
They still don't make Champions League. 6th is still my bet. I don't think Balotelli changes anything. 20 goals in all competitions. However, for him to play they have to take somebody out of the team.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They still don't make Champions League. 6th is still my bet. I don't think Balotelli changes anything. 20 goals in all competitions. However, for him to play they have to take somebody out of the team.
Who finishes in front of them? Chelsea, City...

Last edited:

NML

Yeah I'd definitely money mouth a over/under 6th place.

I have yet to see anyone that could finish higher than them outside of City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait until they play a real team like Spurs

Milo

Scoreline is deceiving. Think Liverpool has played well, much better than I expected after a nervy opening. City is just ruthless.

Was really impressed with the first half until the errors that led to the goal, individual defensive mistakes continue to plague this group.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wondered the same thing. Ball going by his head, tries to kick it

WingedHelmet

Hopefully the injury to Johnson means that's the last of him in a Liverpool jersey; guy either gave the ball away or passed backwards. Literally nothing else.

I thought Moreno played well live, but watching the highlights after getting home he was definitely (obviously) culpable on goal one, and probably most to blame on goal two by allowing his man inside position (and really making no effort to get there). Lovren made the same mistake on the final goal, and that one was even worse because it wasn't a quick-strike pass. He had ages to get into position and still got beat, albeit by a world class pass. £20 million you say? Might be time to let Sakho have a run in...

Coutinho. Yuck again. The worst was not tracking back after losing the ball on multiple occasions. Seems like he gets easily frustrated.

Markovic will be special. He already might be. He moves effortlessly with the ball. I really liked how he and Moreno played with each other. Emre Can looks like awaste of £9 million. I don't know what was worse, his dive trying to outrun Yaya Touré (I think), or getting turned around on a simple give and go, then sliding and missing allowing his man to go in on goal.

Most troubling for Liverpool, they're probably better with Gerrard on the bench, only I'm not sure Rodgers has the balls to drop him. A diamond with Henderson at the base, Markovic and Coutinho providing width, and Sterling playing under Balotelli and Sturridge is Liverpool's best team. How often will we see it? Gerrard provides virtually none of the qualities a defensive CM is there to provide.

Like @Milo, I think the score line was a bit unjust in terms of how the game felt, especially early. City fans around us prior to the goal felt they were getting outplayed. Liverpool missed so many open runners by being a hair late to recognize, and would instead just dribble around and restart. That was the difference in the game. City are good as shit though, damn.

I'd id also like to point out that the traveling Liverpool section (taking up only half the stands behind one of the goals) was louder than the entire Etihad Stadium, even after the first goal. Hearing them sing You'll Never a Walk Alone after the third goal was pretty special too.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Good game today, boys. Was expecting more Yankee shit talking, but he's probably still in the refractory period.

i

PISS IN UR FACES.

bruin

I'd id also like to point out that the traveling Liverpool section (taking up only half the stands behind one of the goals) was louder than the entire Etihad Stadium, even after the first goal. Hearing them sing You'll Never a Walk Alone after the third goal was pretty special too.

that's cute. I was busy doing the Poznan to even notice.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I do enjoy listening to soccer while I work and then hitting up ESPN for some extended goals only highlights. I know I probably don't get the full experience of being on the terraces with my mates, having an ale, and trying to stab rival fans... but it is still something a bandwagon fan like me finds really enjoyable.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I am refractory period still, but I really don't shit talk until the end of the year when the title is in our hands. I can't prematurely ejaculate like that

I wasn't even talking about the win as much as ur boy's 2 goals. Besides, I know I'll be rooting for the winner (whoever it may be) at the end of the season. Another bonus of being a bandwagon fan.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Wasn't as high scoring as I thought, but Swans are undefeated and host WBA. Whom can't stop runs down the wings or hold possession. 2 things Monk and his boys do very well.