• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

bruin

russell-westbrook-lakers-photoshop.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
and of course the thudner choke another one off. common practice since forever. not even sure durant would have helped the past two nights. le sigh

sayo

YEET
Afflalo was a nice addition. Russ seriously leaves me speechless. Hopefully he isn't seriously hurt after that knee.

evil1

Aldrich + Lillard > RUSS (but just barely)

I think whoever gets healthier between N.O and OKC gets the final playoff spot.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Im about ready for the playoffs. The east is turning out OK. Atlanta and Cleveland are legit, Pacers could be dangerous in the east with Paul George coming back

evil1

What is amazing is that RUSS wasn't writhing around on the ground waiting for stretcher. He even stayed on the floor for the final second of the game. He had a dent put in his in face!

I think the torch for toughest dude in the NBA has been passed from Kobe to RUSS.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I'm still in awe that this was not called an offensive foul on Harden, defensive foul on Lebron, defensive 3 seconds on Love, or travel on Harden.

Re: Offensive foul on Harden

this was probably the "correct" call but

Re: Defensive foul on LeBron

this is probably the call that would get called being that he made an attempt to steal the ball but his arm got hooked into Harden which was probably a ploy by Harden in the first place to sell the contact

Re: defensive 3 secs.

not really versed in NBA rules, but LOVE was attempting to stop dribble penetration, so i dont think you could really call that on him

Re: Harden travel

not gonna call that b/c of the tie up and he kinda lost possession of the ball and there was no clear team control established during that time while he was moving.

e.g. People think its a travel if while a player is in transition, receives a pass, bobbles it but continues to run towards the basket while continue to bobble the ball. It is not a travel by rule. It looks funny, but by rule, it is not a travel.

Reel

Community Liaison
Yeah but Harden jumps up and down twice with the ball held in his right hand, surely that's a travel.

but it looks like the arm bar tie up caused the jumping so, if you call the foul on Lebron, everything else afterwards is moot

Reel

Community Liaison
but tbh, the ref probably made the best call by making the no call. I mean, it looks dumb and something should've been called but the fact that Harden is clearly holding lebron while lebron is trying to get untied should've probably warranted an offensive foul, but he was trying to sell the call like how CP sells the flop.

Bucksin04

Jimmy Butler out at least 3-4 weeks with an elbow injury.

The Bulls play the Pacers on Friday meaning that the Pacers in a 4 week span have managed to avoid playing Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, and Carmelo Anthony (twice).

EDIT: This is coming off an Indy football team which played Peyton Manning with a torn quad, a Bengals team missing 4 of its top 5 receivers, a Texans team missing Clowney (twice), a Cowboys team with Demarco Murray with a busted hand, and a Redskins team starting Colt McCoy over RG3.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Jimmy Butler out at least 3-4 weeks with an elbow injury.

The Bulls play the Pacers on Friday meaning that the Pacers in a 4 week span have managed to avoid playing Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, and Carmelo Anthony (twice).

EDIT: This is coming off an Indy football team which played Peyton Manning with a torn quad, a Bengals team missing 4 of its top 5 receivers, a Texans team missing Clowney (twice), a Cowboys team with Demarco Murray with a busted hand, and a Redskins team starting Colt McCoy over RG3.
A Texans team who played Tom Fucking Savage.

Bucksin04

NBA is now issuing a report every day which determines which calls were correct or incorrect within the final 2:00 of every game and OT, provided that game is within 5 points. Calls are judged to either be CC = Correct Call, IC = Incorrect Call, CNC = Correct Non-Call, INC = Incorrect Non-Call

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/03/L2M-Mar1.pdf

On the Harden-LeBron incident earlier, the ruling is:

INCORRECT NON-CALL. As Harden (HOU) starts his drive to the basket, he clamps the arm of James (CLE) and an offensive foul should have been called.

INCORRECT NON-CALL: After the initial hook by Harden (HOU), James (CLE) fouls by pulling him. The foul causes Harden to lose his pivot foot.

So yeah, per the league, they blew the call twice.

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
NBA is now issuing a report every day which determines which calls were correct or incorrect within the final 2:00 of every game and OT, provided that game is within 5 points. Calls are judged to either be CC = Correct Call, IC = Incorrect Call, CNC = Correct Non-Call, INC = Incorrect Non-Call

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/03/L2M-Mar1.pdf

On the Harden-LeBron incident earlier, the ruling is:

INCORRECT CALL. As Harden (HOU) starts his drive to the basket, he clamps the arm of James (CLE) and an offensive foul should have been called.

INCORRECT CALL: After the initial hook by Harden (HOU), James (CLE) fouls by pulling him. The foul causes Harden to lose his pivot foot.

So yeah, per the league, they blew the call twice.

After the initial hook by Harden, everything is moot....zebra should have called offensive foul on Harden.

Reel

Community Liaison
I'm interested in the no call stuff and how is that determined

Reel

Community Liaison
Got damn where has this Eric Gordon been? Dude has been unreal on catch and shoot threes

fonzilla

I somehow ended up on this while traveling down the Youtube Black hole. One of my favs. Although my favorite is Pippen over Ewing in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I somehow ended up on this while traveling down the Youtube Black hole. One of my favs. Although my favorite is Pippen over Ewing in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Am I wrong but didn't Kemp travel? Either way it's disrespectful as hell

(Insert obligatory no such thing a traveling in NBA joke)