• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

colb

Jesus, RUSS. He's ridiculous when he's on.

Meanwhile, Ibaka playing like a rookie. Ugh.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
There is no way Kobe will be able to play the whole season on that team. How long until he asks for a trade and would anyone even trade for that contract?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Is there anybody in the '15 draft class worth tanking for? Okafor? Insert Kentucky Black Hole player here?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Wade returned, scoring 12 of his 21 points in the 4th, while Bosh finished with 26 points and 15 boards. Norris Cole added a career-high 23 in his first start and James Ennis killed a guy.

did they call block or charge on this?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
There is no way Kobe will be able to play the whole season on that team. How long until he asks for a trade and would anyone even trade for that contract?

At this point, what is Kobe really playing for? To me, he just seems to want to move up the all time scoring list, to me. He certainly will get to chuck up a huge amount of shots for the turrible Errrzzzz squad.

-YTC

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
At this point, what is Kobe really playing for? To me, he just seems to want to move up the all time scoring list, to me. He certainly will get to chuck up a huge amount of shots for the turrible Errrzzzz squad.

-YTC

Realistically, that's all he CAN play for at this point. Even with a healthy Nash, I didn't see them as better than a 6th or 7th seed. Without? And plagued by the ongoing injuries (and I do think it's just a matter of time before Kobe gets injured again), this team is going to struggle mightily.

Schauwn

Deadspin: Let us laugh at the Lakers

I really cannot emphasize enough just how hilariously, gloriously self-defeating this is. This is like an MLB team declaring that it will only sacrifice bunt, or that its pitchers are not allowed to throw strikes anymore. It is like an NFL team announcing that it will only throw backward passes, or donating one of its linemen to the defense. It is like a tennis player switching to an all-lob strategy. It is the dumbest thing. God, I love it so much.

There are signs that Kobe Bryant is aware of how paste-munchingly stupid this is. Last night, he cranked up 25 shots—more than three times as many shots as any other Laker starter—in only 28 minutes; he's figured out that if the Lakers are going to tie their own shoelaces together every night, he might as well win a scoring title.

evil1

At this point, what is Kobe really playing for?

Apparently some people just enjoy playing the game of basketball. It is like your favorite hobby but where you get paid millions of dollars to do it.

As far as his career, the Lakerzzzz are going to be horrible this year and at least next year. It is the natural cycle of pro sports. You can't avoid the re-building basement forever. Kobe knows this but I think he wants to play through next season and go for the Derek Jeter victory lap. If by some miracle the Lakerzz put together a good team by the end of next season, maybe Kobe sticks around for an extra year, but with 5 championships, Kobe isn't leaving the Lakerzzzz to chase another ring.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Haters just mad that LAL can tank a season while still selling out

I think most of us just don't care. Sure, it sucks when the Lakers suck. We'd rather they do what they do, which is get the Finals every other season, on average. But personally, I've seen them win so much, that it really doesn't bother me that they'll blow donkey balls for a few years while Kobe sets personal records, becomes the first (I think?) ever player to spend 20 years with the same team, etc.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Apparently some people just enjoy playing the game of basketball. It is like your favorite hobby but where you get paid millions of dollars to do it.

As far as his career, the Lakerzzzz are going to be horrible this year and at least next year. It is the natural cycle of pro sports. You can't avoid the re-building basement forever. Kobe knows this but I think he wants to play through next season and go for the Derek Jeter victory lap. If by some miracle the Lakerzz put together a good team by the end of next season, maybe Kobe sticks around for an extra year, but with 5 championships, Kobe isn't leaving the Lakerzzzz to chase another ring.

No, I understand why he is playing. I was referencing @Southpaw 's post regarding Kobe. Why would he ask for a trade? If winning is his goal, he certainly wouldn't have signed that huge extension that crippled the franchise. Clearly it's to get higher on the scoring list. He can accomplish that just fine on the Erzzz, and doesn't need to demand a trade.

-YTC

bruin

Kobe wanted to be the highest paid player in the league. He got his wish. The Buss family weren't going to let him walk. Come on now.

Once Swaggy P is back from injury, I give the over/under at 5 games before Kobe kills him at midcourt.

MiamiU26

LAC almost lost to the backups smh. Russ was on his way to the locker room after he broke his hand and a fan said something or threw something at him. He was about to kick that fans ass with a broke hand, some funny stuff.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well Brooks actually has to play guys now, should be fun to see them have a shot. Perry apparently isn't awful like Brooks makes him look

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
8b0d676d8a7f1b9bab284878d95e9c7b_crop_north.jpg

bruin

Ballmer outchea last night acting like it was Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals

Soonerfan09

I had no idea Jamal Crawford was 34. I thought he was maybe in his mid-late 20s. Well, he looks like he's in his mid 20s, but I always thought he came straight out of high school, so I would have guessed maybe a year or two older than Lebron at most...but that was until I seen he went to Michigan.

Either way, dude can ball.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Injuries are normal in basketball, and every year there's at least one team that draws the short end of the stick and gets hit with a wave. But what the Thunder are going through right now is something else, their playoff chances in the ultra competitive West diminishing every single day. Already facing a month without Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook, KD-replacement Perry Jones left tonight's game against the Raptors and will not return, with a knee contusion.