• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2074 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Because they happen all the time and you can't shift the players around mid sim. You have to apply blanket decisions to sit players if they suffer any injury at all. If there was better OTTO AI that could be applied, like sliders, that's one thing. There also isn't enough information to make a decision. "Injury: ???"

I also worry about these little injuries adding up and ruining players injury history and turning wrecked before they hit 30. Eyup Makal is almost there already.

It's just not a game mechanic that I'm fond of. The indy devs continue to make decisions based on the single player game and ignore online leagues.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Because they happen all the time and you can't shift the players around mid sim. You have to apply blanket decisions to sit players if they suffer any injury at all. If there was better OTTO AI that could be applied, like sliders, that's one thing. There also isn't enough information to make a decision. "Injury: ???"

I also worry about these little injuries adding up and ruining players injury history and turning wrecked before they hit 30. Eyup Makal is almost there already.

It's just not a game mechanic that I'm fond of. The indy devs continue to make decisions based on the single player game and ignore online leagues.
All our decisions are blanket decisions because of the way we sim. I suppose you could do 7-days if you wanted to try to micro manage. I agree that the lack of info is annoying. I just had two guys go from DTD for a few days or a couple weeks to an unknown recovery time.

I don’t think them adding up is any more of a concern than before. These same players would still be picking up injuries either way.

I also don’t think the last part is completely true, but single player is the bigger market still I think. Are you over there yelling at them all the time? How would they know your unique opinion?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Shortstops get injured all the time. I'm just going to stick a ghost player out there.
Rest them more? I don’t know. Injured more often, maybe, but I haven’t had my SS as one of my better players in a while to not give them regular rest.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm out until September... any O set me up on auto? or can I do that myself? Never done it before

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
btw, Douglass Tagg definitely needs to be in the HALL OF GOATS now that we have a veteran's committee or whatever.

Notable Career Highlights:

[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|572x5]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}08/31/2043{/td}
{td=888x@}
Suspended 6 games after ejection following a brawl.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|572x5]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}06/14/2048{/td}
{td=888x@}Was selected to the 2048 UBL Double A All-Star Game.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|697x5]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}05/12/2052{/td}
{td=888x@}Signed a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $3,100,000 with the North Dakota Riggers organization.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|743x5]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}04/14/2057{/td}
{td=888x@}Signed a 10-year contract extension worth a total of $9,000,000 with the North Dakota Riggers organization.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
9th on riggers all time list of games played with 1,060!
1st on riggers all time TALISMAN WARS (TWAR) at 103

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think you must be confused... but just for future reference, I'm very excited about the riggers and their current 6th place standing!

I just made my boy Bhagadsf;kl;adkjjhaldsfhavatiprasada a starting pitcher and his personality trait is already paying off!
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|172x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}PERSONALITY{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}He'll face the media after the toughest of losses.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Soonerfan09

I think you must be confused... but just for future reference, I'm very excited about the riggers and their current 6th place standing!

I just made my boy Bhagadsf;kl;adkjjhaldsfhavatiprasada a starting pitcher and his personality trait is already paying off!
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|172x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}PERSONALITY{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}He'll face the media after the toughest of losses.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
You should try thinking again. Be careful not to hurt hisself though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It’s a fair point that he is your SS, but just because you play him there doesn’t make him the greatest SS of all time. Greatest Moscow SS of all time perhaps. Padilla was pretty similar, but didn’t have this type of peak.

Soonerfan09

It’s a fair point that he is your SS, but just because you play him there doesn’t make him the greatest SS of all time. Greatest Moscow SS of all time perhaps. Padilla was pretty similar, but didn’t have this type of peak.
Me playing him a SS doesn’t make him the greatest SS of all time, no. His stats do though.

Soonerfan09

He's pretty good at looking at the ball
Probably the best of all time!
Like I said...
fiatkoala.gif

They don’t though. GOAT SS requires better defense.
Not really.

doh

Couldn't sleep in Cape Town so did I just go onto my computer at 4 am to do other things then hopped onto OOTP and saw the CPU has ruined my team so decided fuck it, I'm changing things? Yes.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Couldn't sleep in Cape Town so did I just go onto my computer at 4 am to do other things then hopped onto OOTP and saw the CPU has ruined my team so decided fuck it, I'm changing things? Yes.
Make a draft list. You got a lot of picks.

doh

Looking over False Bay yesterday. Lots of Kasib talk and questioning by locals what is going on this year? Some calls for @jdlikewhoa’s head as well. Evidently rumors swirling about @Reel coming on as a consultant.