• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 130th Annual WBL Winter Meetings in Paris, TEX-- umm, wait... TIJUANA, MEXICO!!!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ok my year 3 guy also didnt opt out. So if he has a 22 WAR per season, 3 Ships and Pitching Wizards in 3 years, he won't opt out of the deal.

This test isnt going great

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The concern as I understand it is with that amount of service time he's opt-out straight into arb.
Yeah this is where it's weird. In REEL life, those Pro IFA's never go to arb. I believe their agents/MLB rule/whatever have it baked in if they sign a 3/20m contract in year 4 they're a FA despite not having enough service time.

Essentially they're trying to avoid a situation where you have those guys on constant 1-year TO's with no buyout.

This is probably a loophole the MOBILEDEVS either don't know or can't program.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If it really is hurting everyone's feelings I can give you a couple of options on a personality transplant, but they're all going to be slightly depressed and very angry.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Hayvis has singlehandedly saved this league. IMMERSION has never been higher. The ECONOMICS have been corrected by tossing IFA. What’s next?! Updated Logos?
That a lot to handle in one SZN

giphy.gif

jdlikewhoa

This is more about player options.

The question was about options but I think the INDY DEV response is geared towards opt-outs. Maybe I’m wrong tho.

Again, if y’all just want to make it fully guaranteed I’m on board with that

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm fine with either editing his service time or making him a FA if he does end up in arb after an opt-out. No need to fully guarantee the deal IMO.

jdlikewhoa

I'm fine with either editing his service time or making him a FA if he does end up in arb after an opt-out. No need to fully guarantee the deal IMO.

Put it to a vote. I don’t care either way. I’m kind of interested with seeing what happens budget/economy wise with a monster contract and having to work with the handicap later in. But I’m also fine with either of the two options you mention.

Does editing service time have any impact other than just contractually? Is there something development wise that it’s tied to?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Put it to a vote. I don’t care either way. I’m kind of interested with seeing what happens budget/economy wise with a monster contract and having to work with the handicap later in. But I’m also fine with either of the two options you mention.

Does editing service time have any impact other than just contractually? Is there something development wise that it’s tied to?

Not that I know of. It should only affect his contract.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
:laughing: You must have seen that when it actually comes to playing the game, I play it like a coward.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Editing service time shouldn’t change anything else as far as I know.

@jdlikewhoa what I took from that thread is there was a bug where turning off opt outs made players turn down player options 100% of the time.

doh

I don't know, a season-long drama where JD is praying to Pete that this guy opts out only for him to then stick around seems like must-see tv.
That + he tries to hack the game to win the $15m (team) vs. $70m (player) arb case in 2090 would be hilarious too.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Multiple parties involved on him from what I can gather.

Does anyone have a RHB/DH for trade? Blues or a sea of green required.

doh

LAWD I thought I could get a couple GOATs on 1/15 deals and all of the sudden a bunch of other teams are in on them.

It's pretty cool to see how the economy has changed. Now FA's are overpriced (like REEL life @Mr. Radpants) and the extensions guys want are realistic in this world.

Giant hole in CF for me... should I promote my 1st round pick without ever playing a minor league game?

I'm going to end up with $70m in SPACE and my dick in my hands. Oh fluffy.