• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Stimulation services?

Coach-Mick-Mcarthy-Look-at-Camera-Smile.gif

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I don't know if approaching 40 makes me old-head enough to enter the discussion, but I'll take this era over the previous eras.

-YTC

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
80s were not better. The stars were maybe better than the average schmoes by a wider margin, but that’s it.

Look at some of the benches of the 1980s champs. Dudes were carwash employees. I think you could field a team of 1980s stars and stay in a game with stars from this generation, but no way could the average nba player of 1988 hang with the average player of today.

Greg Kite?! Kurt Rambis? Cmon son.

NML

Which franchise is a bigger disaster - Wizards or Cavs?

My first thought is the Wiz. Two years ago they almost beat Boston to move into that “East team to take over once LeBron leaves” category, but they have completely collapsed since. They are definitely outside of the top four, and probably closer to outside the playoff picture than second round team.

But then the you’ve got the Cavs, who are having a public divorce with a longtime coach who’s like “nah” when given the option to take one of the most exclusive jobs in the world. I don’t think any owner has more of a negative impact on their franchise than Gilbert. Love is probably out until 2019 and they are absolute trash besides him

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They are a disaster. Hopefully this is Grunfeld's last stand.

Frankly, they should consider a total fire sale.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Durant had the quietest 22 pts i've ever seen him score

i just knew he had only like 8 b/c it didnt seem like he was looking for his shot but damn man

oh well, got the blazers on deck tonight

Jrue played his ass off last night...need that from him EVERY game. Maybe Portland is gonna unlock him

Randle for the first time this season looked overwhelmed. Props to Draymong for the defense played on Randle. He was very frustrated.

MSUFanatic

LeBron: "Any kid that’s going through anything ... you can look at that performance by Derrick Rose ... That’s why our game is so unbelievable ... even when a superhero’s knocked down he’s still a superhero & Derrick Rose showed why he’s still a superhero"

LOL LEJUAN. He scored 50 points in a basketball game.

Reel

Community Liaison
i gotta read the full details of that case

people were slamming rose last night on twitter b/c of it

Reel

Community Liaison
that case was wild man

i didnt realize how he got off

that story is crazy tho

NML

when healthy, yes

Are they though? Outside of a nice opening night win, they beat up on bad teams and then lost four straight to good teams (I know AD missed some time)

Thought this quote from Davis was telling:

I got to play almost perfect every night to give us a chance to win

Still feel like he’s going to be traded this summer

Reel

Community Liaison
Are they though? Outside of a nice opening night win, they beat up on bad teams and then lost four straight to good teams (I know AD missed some time)

Thought this quote from Davis was telling:

Still feel like he’s going to be traded this summer

can the same be said about Lebron? or any superstar on a team not Golden State? That if they dont play as hard as they can, their teams ultimately suffer?

im not about to spend whatever time Davis has left in NOLA worrying over every soundbite that comes out of his mouth.

What's very clear in the games they lost is the pelicans inability to consistently hit 3's at an acceptable rate. They are probably 2-2 over the last 4 if they do that. GSW is GSW, but the Utah game and even the game last night, they had their chances. Rebounding can be better too but a lot of times the ball just seems to bounce the other teams way vs them getting outworked for boards.

As long as the threat to hit 3s at a decent clip is there, it will help a buncha things they are trying to do offensively. The rotations are still getting settled and I expect things to right themselves as the season moves forward. That Houston game was not a fluke to me. Mirotic scoring 30 probably is, but he's at what...22ppg so far? Randle was a beast last night against Portland, however Nurkic had his way with the pels bigs w/o AD and he knew that which is why he was talking his shit. He was probably the most relieved person last night that AD didnt play.

No Elf either which definitely would've made things a lot more difficult for the Portland guards to handle.

they could easily be 6-2 right now and we arent having this conversation, but i get it, its AD so everyone outside of NOLA is trying to stir up some narrative that he's leaving. (not singling you out NML, just talking in general)

NML

They could be 8-0 and it’s still going to be a popular theory. A lot of his moves have signaled it and that quote was just fuel to the fire