• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

evil1

Evil trumpwrong.gif

The NBA minus Lebron is trash.
giphy.gif

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
NHL playoffs are the best. NASHNUL is stupid. NBA was fine until the DUBS started winning every year. Who cares about baseball.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
WBL playoffs have been much more entertaining lately, especially the yearly Buffalo-LV series which consistently has a storyline of a player swapping teams and going off against their old one!

evil1

This year's NBA playoffs had a pretty good first round, a completely lackluster second round, and a good conference finals round.

In these playoffs, we have seen:
  • a great opening round series between Indiana and Cleveland (7 game series) where Cleveland needed a couple of monster games and buzzer beaters from LeBron to avoid an upset
  • a great opening round series between Boston and Milwaukee (7 games series)
  • the Philadelphia 76ers win their first playoff series in about a decade behind great play by Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons
  • the New Orleans Pelicans win their first playoff series in about a decade behind great play by Anthony Davis
  • the emergence of Donovan Mitchell who, as a rookie, outplayed RUSS in several games in Utah's series win over OKC
  • Bostons' improbable playoff run without their top stars and the emergence of Jayson Tatum as a future star
  • both Conference Finals not only going to game 7, but the winners of both series winning game 7 on the road

Nothing stands out from this year's NHL playoffs to me other than one team in the finals is an expansion team and the other team has never won the Stanley Cup before.

I remember absolutely nothing from the MLB playoffs other than Houston won

In the NFL playoffs all I remember is that New England went to the Super Bowl again, got beat by Philadelphia's back up QB (in a great game), and about a quarter of the playoff games had Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor or Case Keenum as a starting QB.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The World Series and ALCS were fucking awesome. The NHL playoffs are better just by default because the sport is so fucking intense. It doesn't even matter if you have story lines. If a sport needs story lines, it prolly sucks.

Bucksin04

LeBron's over/under for points+rebounds+assists is 57.5 tonight.

He could go for 40-8-9, only the 5th time that's been done in the history of the Finals (he's done it twice previously), and the under would still pay out.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I will quote that Evil post NML-style when the Sonics get to the NBA finals in their first (again) year, in which I will assert that nothing interesting has happened in the NBA playoffs.

evil1

LeBron's over/under for points+rebounds+assists is 57.5 tonight.

He could go for 40-8-9, only the 5th time that's been done in the history of the Finals (he's done it twice previously), and the under would still pay out.

Sorry, that post must be disregarded. That would be an interesting feat to go along with LeBron's insane performance in these playoffs, but apparently nothing interesting is happening in these playoffs.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The Conference Finals went 7 games and yet most of the games weren't close and both series ended in predictable, anticlimactic fashion. No CP3 left the Rockets for dead. Lack of experience was going to bite the Celtics in the ass in Game 7. And I agree with whoever said there hasn't been that many games where both teams actually play well here in the later rounds. Predictability wouldn't be as big of a turn off if the quality of basketball is better. Sorry evil, ur on ur own

bruin

Nothing stands out from this year's NHL playoffs to me other than one team in the finals is an expansion team and the other team has never won the Stanley Cup before.

I remember absolutely nothing from the MLB playoffs other than Houston won

In the NFL playoffs all I remember is that New England went to the Super Bowl again, got beat by Philadelphia's back up QB (in a great game), and about a quarter of the playoff games had Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor or Case Keenum as a starting QB.

18EB233E-30DC-4908-A7E9-F3540E36A13C.gif

evil1

The Conference Finals went 7 games and yet most of the games weren't close and both series ended in predictable, anticlimactic fashion. No CP3 left the Rockets for dead. Lack of experience was going to bite the Celtics in the ass in Game 7.

Of course after Chris Paul went down, Houston still had halftime leads in Games 6 and 7. In Game 7 of the Boston-Cleveland series, Boston also had a halftime lead. As a result, both teams currently in the Finals were 24 minutes from being eliminated (Golden State twice).

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Of course after Chris Paul went down, Houston still had halftime leads in Games 6 and 7. In Game 7 of the Boston-Cleveland series, Boston also had a halftime lead. As a result, both teams currently in the Finals were 24 minutes from being eliminated (Golden State twice).
The Warriors won Game 6 by 30 :laughing:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
And yet I knew the Warriors and Cavs were gonna win those games anyway. Golden State is a second half team obviously.

I've enjoyed this game tonight thus far. Goddamn Lebron is bitching a lot doe.

Brick

Lebrin offensive game is ugly af except he's an awesome passer. Lol at curry taking him on switches all game. He just tries to RUSSSS past people to the basket.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Lebrin offensive game is ugly af except he's an awesome passer. Lol at curry taking him on switches all game. He just tries to RUSSSS past people to the basket.

That left handed take that got swatted to shit...WOOF. Happy trails, Ohio.

Brick

Yeah I don't get mongs like @Southpaw who will ONLY WATCH LEBRIN. Hes clearly the best player but to me he ain't that entertaining to me. In the open floor maybe. Half court he is a fucking ATHOLETE bore like RUSS.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I don't get mongs like @Southpaw who will ONLY WATCH LEBRIN. Hes clearly the best player but to me he ain't that entertaining to me. In the open floor maybe. Half court he is a fucking ATHOLETE bore like RUSS.

The NBA "screen" (just carry the defender on the guy somewhere) to switch to ISO 1 on1 offense everyone is using is unbearably boring to watch.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
@Brick is straight retarded. You tom bout how he played and and he had 33/10/11 lol. His outside shot wasn't falling, so he had to drive to score points. Instead of just continuing to chuck it (like RUSS, Steph and Klay would do), he adapted and gave his team the best chance to succeed. Too bad he's not awesome like Steph 3-16 and 1-10 from 3. 11 points. gjge.

Why would mongs like @Southpaw want to watch the best player??

Last edited:

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Paw, you about two years too late, but you should've been watching the Grizzlies about 3 years ago. They were a pretty good team.

they are in complete rebuild mode now tho

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nah man. Like I said, I am team Lebron. After he retires, I prolly won't watch another NBA game until the next phenom emerges.

I saw several of their games against San Antonio and OKC when they had Gasol, DBo, Tony Allen, Conley etc. They were pretty good, but it wasn't like it was must see TV for me. If it was on in a bar or there was nothing else on, I would watch, but basketball just doesn't do it for me. Plus, Memphis and Nashville have some sort of hate for each other. They hate our sports teams and we hate their's. They mad that we got the NFL team.