• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Leaving it.

Sent from @Brick's butthole using my dick

giphy.gif

-YTC

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Nah man. Like I said, I am team Lebron. After he retires, I prolly won't watch another NBA game until the next phenom emerges.

I saw several of their games against San Antonio and OKC when they had Gasol, DBo, Tony Allen, Conley etc. They were pretty good, but it wasn't like it was must see TV for me. If it was on in a bar or there was nothing else on, I would watch, but basketball just doesn't do it for me. Plus, Memphis and Nashville have some sort of hate for each other. They hate our sports teams and we hate their's. They mad that we got the NFL team.
Anthony Davis is pretty good at basketball brah

but i understand your pov

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
terrible

Nike can do all that shit with Oregon jerseys, but their nba offerings look very rec league-ish

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Although I prefer the powder blues, I like the new ones. Especially the "Mile High City" ones.

-YTC

sayo

YEET
They looked like the Pacers last season. Any change was gonna be good. They do need to go back to the powder blues.

Bucksin04

LeBron's over/under for points+rebounds+assists is 57.5 tonight.

He could go for 40-8-9, only the 5th time that's been done in the history of the Finals (he's done it twice previously), and the under would still pay out.

Update: He finished with 33-10-11.

That line has been accomplished exactly four times in the history of the Finals. LeBron has done it three of those four times.

It wasn't close to being good enough last night.

http://bkref.com/tiny/evPlP

MSUFanatic

Nah man. Like I said, I am team Lebron. After he retires, I prolly won't watch another NBA game until the next phenom emerges.

I saw several of their games against San Antonio and OKC when they had Gasol, DBo, Tony Allen, Conley etc. They were pretty good, but it wasn't like it was must see TV for me. If it was on in a bar or there was nothing else on, I would watch, but basketball just doesn't do it for me. Plus, Memphis and Nashville have some sort of hate for each other. They hate our sports teams and we hate their's. They mad that we got the NFL team.

Won't take long Trae Young is coming.
:trollface::trollface::trollface:

MSUFanatic

The Warriors’ 122-103 win at home hit 18.5 million viewers on ABC in primetime with a peak of 22.5 million near the end in the 10:15 – 10:30 PM ET slot. Rising 7% from the sets of eyeballs who watched the GSW Game 1 on May 31, that’s just a little better than the uptick from Game 1 to Game 2 of the 2017 NBA Finals.
Side-by-side, Game 2 of the 2018 finals is pretty steady with 2017’s Warriors winning Game 2 with a 6% dip. All of which, as was the case with the metered market results earlier this morning (see below), means the NBA Finals is achieving that rare distinction of basically being on par with last year in an era of otherwise overall ratings declines.

BUT KD RUINED DA NBA I AM NOT ENTERTAINED ENOUGH. MY OPINION IS THE ONE THE MEANS THE MOST.

MSUFanatic

In all seriousness,

Seems like Philly is primed for LEJUAN. Just hire former buddy David Griffin for the GM role that was so nicely vacated and you are in. Me thinks Colangelo burner accounts were an inside job. What temperature does steel melt?

sayo

YEET
Lebron and PG find a place to go together. It'll require a sign and trade to work for pretty much every team outside of the Lakers but I can see it happening.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
While I am grateful that the independent investigation conducted by the 76ers has confirmed that I had no knowledge of or involvement in the Twitter activity conducted by my wife, I vigorously dispute the allegation that my conduct was in any way reckless. At no point did I ever purposefully or directly share any sensitive, non-public, club-related information with her.

Her actions were a seriously misguided effort to publicly defend and support me, and while I recognize how inappropriate these actions were, she acted independently and without my knowledge or consent. Further, the content she shared was filled with inaccuracies and conjecture which in no way represent my own views or opinions. While this was obviously a mistake, we are a family and we will work through this together.

Although I am not directly responsible for the actions, I regret this incident occurred and understand that it has become a distraction for the team. Therefore, the organization and I have mutually agreed to part ways.

Over the last two years, I have worked hard to help build a foundation for what I hope will soon be many championship seasons for the 76ers. I am grateful to team owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer for the opportunity they gave me to be part of such a great organization. I am saddened to have to leave under these circumstances.

Basketball has been a core part of my life since childhood. I love the game and all those who play and coach it. I want to thank the many colleagues, players and friends from around the League and elsewhere who have expressed their support and encouragement during this difficult and painful time for me and my family.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/bryan-colangelo-releases-statement-his-resignation

tenor.gif

Brick

i ONLY watch LeBron because he fails to score bullrushing against a 150 pound TWINK better than anyone in histry

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is this the only league on the planet where the majority of the regular season is better than the end of the season/playoffs/finals?

evil1

Kella after Golden State wins the series 4-0 to win the NBA championship: how utterly boring and anti-climatic

Kella after Washington wins the series 4-1 to win the NHL championship: what a great fucking series

in lieu of the standard yeakokgif, I'll let KD take it from here:
qkzlexxzult6g0moizj7.gif

Hike

güero
I make no apologies for the Warriors winning 3 in 4 years. My wife is upset because they changed the parade route and it won’t go right in front of my work building. She was upset. Me not so much.

evil1

The Warriors have nothing to apologize for. They got here primarily through great drafting, taking smart but potentially risky personnel moves, and great coaching.

Steph Curry was only the 7th pick in his draft, Klay Thompson was drafted 11th overall, and Draymond Green was drafted 35th overall. They resisted the urge to trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love back when people, for some reason, thought Love was the much better player. This year they trusted young players like Jordan Bell (rookie) and Kevan Looney (2nd year player) to give them important minutes. They trusted castoff players like Nick Young and Javale McGee. At the start of their run they fired Mark Jackson (who did a decent job developing the young team) and replaced him with a rookie coach. Every move they have made has turned out to be the right one.

Not only are they the most talented team, but they are probably the best coached team as well. I love this piece by Zach Lowe breaking down the different ways the Warriors scheme broke down Cleveland (and how Houston almost had a blueprint for beating them). http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23695581/zach-lowe-warriors-vs-cavaliers-game-2-2018-nba-finals