• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Lightningwar

Administrator
Who knew that the hot seat bowl between Mora/Sumlin would turn into UCLA and A&M landing Chip Kelly and Jimbo Fisher.

And a guy who was almost fired at USF a couple years ago may be the HC of one of the premiere programs in the country at age 41.

This is the weirdest college season of my life.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Feels good having the Orange Punkin back in control. Whatever happens from here on out, fuck it, I'm good with it.

Brick

Feels good having the Orange Punkin back in control. Whatever happens from here on out, fuck it, I'm good with it.
giphy.gif

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
If the insider stories are to be believed. He overplayed his hand to get more control of how booster money is allocated. Put himself into a corner and couldnt get out. He bluffed, FSU call his bluff. He may not even want to be in College Station is the most sad yet funny thing about this whole thing.
Get cucked Jimbo

volniac

Guess I'll come out of retirement for a minute...given I need a place to vent anyways.

This week has been a complete dumpster fire no other way to put it but so has the last decade for Tennessee football when it comes down to it. I've only read back a few pages and don't know what the board opinion on this week's events were, but I think what our fanbase did was fucking spectacular.

I've known the Haslam family has been a very influential donor and booster to the University of Tennessee, but until this week and the events that have transpired, I don't think anyone really realized how strong that influence was. They controlled the last decade from who they wanted as athletic director to who they wanted them to hire as coaches. With the events that went on this week, it's very apparent how deep that influence ran and how much they were controlling what John Currie did. John Currie was their puppet and their demise.

I am so glad that my fellow alumni, our fans, the other boosters stood up to them stopped their influence from dictating another decade at this University. They can have their NFL franchise and run it into the ground as they see fit, but they aren't going to continue to do it to us.

I don't know what new AD Fulmer is going to do, but I do know that man loves and respects the school and in his eyes is going to do the best thing by it. I don't know if that means he's calling Tee Martin tonight or calling the Pirate back, whatever. It's going to be better for us than the last decade of that self-serving, bag-of-dicks Jimmy Haslam.

I've not slept for shit all week worrying about how John Currie was going to fuck up the next potential hire, but I'll sleep fine tonight knowing it's not in his and the Haslam's hands.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't know what new AD Fulmer is going to do, but I do know that man loves and respects the school and in his eyes is going to do the best thing by it. I don't know if that means he's calling Tee Martin tonight or calling the Pirate back, whatever. It's going to be better for us than the last decade of that self-serving, bag-of-dicks Jimmy Haslam.

He loves and respects the school so much he burned it to the ground to have his revenge and sit upon the Hillbilly Iron Throne.