• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Wooly

Doesn't it give you a figure to offer significantly more than? Is that what you doubled?
Yeah, I doubled what they asked. The thing I don't get is why they didn't counter, they just broke off talks.
What kind of idiot pitcher doesn't want to be part of the Halifax pitching dynasty?

Wooly

@Wooly ready?

FAX is 132-38 (.777) including playoffs. Outscoring teams 45-14 in playoffs. We've given up 21 runs in 9 games so should be a pitchers duel.
Sorry Doh, I just got home. I am also gone a lot tomorrow. I will export in the morning.

Wooly

@doh Exported. Good for games 1-3. I might have time to watch some before 2pm my time, but I am gone after that. Go ahead and tell them to sim those games later today though if it works for you. I can finish the series tomorrow night though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Let's gooooo and yeah let's finish tonight. I want OFF-SEASON.
We wont
@doh Exported. Good for games 1-3. I might have time to watch some before 2pm my time, but I am gone after that. Go ahead and tell them to sim those games later today though if it works for you. I can finish the series tomorrow night though.
I don't know what you mean by this. You have to explain it to me.
Just giving you a hard time because you can't prep past three games when it might be a 4 game series haha.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
or because unless you have an injury, there's no reason to change stuff until you get to game 6-7.

Wooly

Let's gooooo and yeah let's finish tonight. I want OFF-SEASON.

We wont

Just giving you a hard time because you can't prep past three games when it might be a 4 game series haha.

I gotcha.

or because unless you have an injury, there's no reason to change stuff until you get to game 6-7.

Since it's the WS, and I would like to win one, I just want to reevaluate after 3 games in case I want to make changes. Our matchup has very one sided park effects. If something is not working I don't want wait until game 6 to do it.

Plus, I would like to actually watch the end, and I can't do that tonight.

doh

I gotcha.

Since it's the WS, and I would like to win one, I just want to reevaluate after 3 games in case I want to make changes. Our matchup has very one sided park effects. If something is not working I don't want wait until game 6 to do it.

Plus, I would like to actually watch the end, and I can't do that tonight.
You getting to watch the end of the WS is worth stopping the rest of the league from getting to the off-season?

I can't watch tomorrow considering I'll be out all day because it's a Saturday. But let's hold off on the series for Wooly.

Wooly

You getting to watch the end of the WS is worth stopping the rest of the league from getting to the off-season?

I can't watch tomorrow considering I'll be out all day because it's a Saturday. But let's hold off on the series for Wooly.
Don't act like I was demanding it. We have flown through this playoffs like no other in my 10 years here. It's not like the league is being really held up. And yes, it is customary for the two WS teams to try and play when they both can watch, not absolute, but to try. A series going two days is normal.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's fine to have both WS participants available if they request it. That's not a ridiculous request

Wolfman21

Don't act like I was demanding it. We have flown through this playoffs like no other in my 10 years here. It's not like the league is being really held up. And yes, it is customary for the two WS teams to try and play when they both can watch, not absolute, but to try. A series going two days is normal.

Shutup

doh

I, along with 17 other owners I'm assuming, would like this to end today. You just watched games 1-3.

I can't watch until 8 pm PT tomorrow but I'm not going to hold the league hostage so I can watch 4-whatever and delay the off-season until Sunday.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But you could if you wanted to, we aren't telling owners they can't watch the WS if they're in it because they'll be unavailable for half a day. I just won't sim until Monday if that is how you'll play it.

Wooly

@OU11 , can you make a change for me then sim game 4 if you and @doh have time.

I don't know how hurt Villareal is, so can you move him to 9th, and move everyone else up a spot in the lineup. That makes Gwilt second, etc.

doh

I keep getting error on the file... I don't need any changes unless someone got hurt.

Wooly

I, along with 17 other owners I'm assuming, would like this to end today. You just watched games 1-3.

I can't watch until 8 pm PT tomorrow but I'm not going to hold the league hostage so I can watch 4-whatever and delay the off-season until Sunday.

I have time for one more, if you guys do, maybe even two. I just want to make that one change.

@doh @OU11

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd like to watch all the games but it's common courtesy to the rest of the league to just keep things going.

Sure, but it's the WS after two division shampship sweeps so it's fine

Wooly

I'd like to watch all the games but it's common courtesy to the rest of the league to just keep things going.
True, but since when do we sim a whole round each day? That would be the whole playoffs in 3 days. I don't remember ever doing that. It's not like I am dragging out the playoffs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
True, but since when do we sim a whole round each day? That would be the whole playoffs in 3 days. I don't remember ever doing that. It's not like I am dragging out the playoffs.
Last year I think we finished the LCS and the WS in one night. Honestly though your request isn't ridiculous. This is a time where if it wasn't you people wouldn't blink at it.

I also try not to go through the playoffs too quickly because people need to sign draft picks. I end up signing them for 25% of the league.

Wooly

Yeah, I doubled what they asked. The thing I don't get is why they didn't counter, they just broke off talks.
What kind of idiot pitcher doesn't want to be part of the Halifax pitching dynasty?
I was wrong about this. They are listed as impossible, the demand is just a question mark. I just doubled what the slot values was. I still don't understand why they broke off negotiations though, if you want more, at least tell me.

Wooly

you only get one shot, one opportunity
Thanks Eminem.

I see. Well, apparently double slot just wasn't enough. Good luck next year 18 yp HS pitcher not happy with 1.5m and a winning organization.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was wrong about this. They are listed as impossible, the demand is just a question mark. I just doubled what the slot values was. I still don't understand why they broke off negotiations though, if you want more, at least tell me.
In the negotiations it normally says offer significantly more than $X. I wasn't talking about slot earlier. I have an impossible 9th rounder and it's like significantly more ham $3.6m

Wooly

In the negotiations it normally says offer significantly more than $X. I wasn't talking about slot earlier. I have an impossible 9th rounder and it's like significantly more ham $3.6m
:scared:
9th rounder! Wow. Entitled millenials in 2066?

ZackMills

Have mercy
What the hell is wrong with you guys? You don't want Wooly present to first hand watch his 124 win team lose in the World Series?

tenor.gif