• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The one thing my team does have is nice depth. It's depth that plays at the same level as my main roster, but still. Middling injuries giving me space to call up some AAA guys.

Soonerfan09

1st place in the NL is going to be huge. Definitely don't want to face Las Vegas or Helsinborg in the first round and having home field advantage when/if I do will be just a big. Should be a fun last month+ of the season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
1st place in the NL is going to be huge. Definitely don't want to face Las Vegas or Helsinborg in the first round and having home field advantage when/if I do will be just a big. Should be a fun last month+ of the season.
I just started playing again. I'm hoping we make up some ground.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I was trying to make a deal to increase my chances of finishing first because I think it matters this year but just couldn't get anything done.

IMO it's a three horse race with the odds 40-40-20 currently. But sim by sim those odds are fluctuating big time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I was trying to make a deal to increase my chances of finishing first because I think it matters this year but just couldn't get anything done.

IMO it's a three horse race with the odds 40-40-20 currently. But sim by sim those odds are fluctuating big time.
We probably have too much ground to make up, but my rotation and lineup is full strength again for the first time in a while and I just added a pen arm, upgraded 3B/2B and took a flier on Flores who should be a good fit for my park.

doh

Looking over schedules (which IMO is huge):

MOS with 16 home/22 away. Just 6 left total with AMS/IST. All 6 vs. LV/MOS on the road. UK is SL opponent left.

LV with 23 home/13 away. 7 left with AMS and only 6 vs. LV/MOS. Have BA/LR as SL opponents.

HEL with 19 home/20 away. 7 left with IST and 8 left with AMS helps a ton plus just 6 vs. LV/MOS (all at home). BUF SL opponent.

So Moscow by far the toughest schedule left. I think close between LV/HEL but having all six at home vs. the top two could help make up ground.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
15 games vs Dam and Istanbul? That should help. Finally had a winning series vs you too. Having Cuellar, Kihlstrom and Ortiz healthy is huge.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm still trying to compete for some reason, but my guys are refusing to, so I'll have to dry my tears with one of the top 3 guys from next year's class.

Wolfman21

im slowly infusing some young/AAAA talent into my major league squad to try and bring the wins down while not completely tanking.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Like Moscow, Cairo has had a great turnaround in just a few years. Three straight years over 500 now, looking like a perennial playoff contender.

Yeah. The addition of 2 arms in their primes should be a nice boon. Locking up one of em (Eastham) along with J-C Kim on team friendly deals over next 5 seasons is an added bonus, as well. Fortunate to have a nice talent base thanks to @Rutgers Mike spending in IFA his last few years. (Khong/Piccoli + few young guys just breaking in now)

Last edited:

Soonerfan09

Looking over schedules (which IMO is huge):

MOS with 16 home/22 away. Just 6 left total with AMS/IST. All 6 vs. LV/MOS on the road. UK is SL opponent left.

LV with 23 home/13 away. 7 left with AMS and only 6 vs. LV/MOS. Have BA/LR as SL opponents.

HEL with 19 home/20 away. 7 left with IST and 8 left with AMS helps a ton plus just 6 vs. LV/MOS (all at home). BUF SL opponent.

So Moscow by far the toughest schedule left. I think close between LV/HEL but having all six at home vs. the top two could help make up ground.

I have a feeling injuries are going to player a bigger part than schedules. Moscow has been fairly light on injuries, although Montoya died and Pierloni has only started 11 games so far after starting over 30 each of the last five seasons.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He probably wont win it, but Moran is pitching well enough to win the arm wizard at age 38. He has always comes up just short.

doh

1-3 vs. Amsterdam then sweep Cairo... strange game. Lead in loss column up to 4 for Moscow. I need a run quick or it's going to get out of reach.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
1-3 vs. Amsterdam then sweep Cairo... strange game. Lead in loss column up to 4 for Moscow. I need a run quick or it's going to get out of reach.

Haven't been able to solve the dreaded pacmen curse

Wolfman21

Damn I'm still new I guess I'll keep my eye posted for more 6.5 WAR guys that are young and controllable this off-season, my bad.

lol, that's not the point. I'm sure there will be a first base bat that will put up 30 homers and play solid defense on the market this offseason. But there won't be a great defense/good bat combo player or a top of the rotation arm available that you should be taking at #1. I have gotten dudes that are similar to him just without the eye in Baur and Zuydam in the teens of the last two drafts.

MSUFanatic

lol, that's not the point. I'm sure there will be a first base bat that will put up 30 homers and play solid defense on the market this offseason. But there won't be a great defense/good bat combo player or a top of the rotation arm available that you should be taking at #1. I have gotten dudes that are similar to him just without the eye in Baur and Zuydam in the teens of the last two drafts.

But you state the second part like any of the other players are guaranteed to perform if you draft said player. Of course there could be better, but you can't just simply state that like it's a known fact when he has a player that's performing currently (and quite well) which isn't the draft mostly about trying to minimize your risks between what a player's potential is and the likelihood of him reaching it?

Acting like there's a known GOAT at #1 and accepting that as truth needs to be taken with as much of truth as my statement that potentially there wasn't a better player in that draft class and the player taken there was the correct choice.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I do not, however, remember who was in that draft...so he very well could have been the best thing available :laughing:

2nd pick was by FB. Took SP bin-Alihhy or something. Waffled on him cause of a previous arm injury. Suffered another lengthy injury following season. Glad to have taken the trog bat of Ferrreira. :thumbsup:

Gave up C. Thisteton to Lisbon (was lambasted by wolf for the trade) and he still hasn't added to the changeup. Looking like a pen arm so far...

NML

He had bad intangibles too. I'm amazed he's posting a +7 ZR with those infield ratings, but his bat is GOAT level.

Wolfman21

2nd pick was by FB. Took SP bin-Alihhy or something. Waffled on him cause of a previous arm injury. Suffered another lengthy injury following season. Glad to have taken the trog bat of Ferrreira. :thumbsup:

Gave up C. Thisteton to Lisbon (was lambasted by wolf for the trade) and he still hasn't added to the changeup. Looking like a pen arm so far...

id much rather have bahiyy al-din. Top of the rotation arm > first baseman all day

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Amazing 1B are the new market inefficiency with Carrier gone. Karakaev is putting up great numbers too and he can't even play defense!

Wolfman21

I think Inonu won like 4 world series in a row because teams that are good would just sign him to a 1 year deal in the offseason and then go on and win a championship.

But hey, you guys keep drafting first basemen and DH's at the top of the 1st. That's fine with me. More useful talent drops down to where i'll be picking (if my team is healthy)

doh

Fernandez has led Varsity in HRs the last three years with 39, 42, 39. Elite power is pretty scarce in the game currently. I get the value of FA vs. taking a guy 1-1 but it's not like power grows on trees currently.

I like picking the guy you know is a total bad ass with the bat and can be for the next 10 years.

Wooly

In the draft it's always about getting the most value possible, with some consideration for your needs. Usually that means a middle fielder who might hit or a quality pitcher. However, elite hitters are also scarce and have value. There is nothing wrong with using a high draft pick to get an elite hitter who can't play anything but DH or 1B, if the hitting value is high enough to make up for the glove or what is available in FA each year.

As always, it depends.

Wolfman21

Kinda nice to have the second best 1B in the NL on minimum though.

I mean its nice, just seems like a luxury at 1st overall. I like the player a ton, hes a great player, obviously. I just see more value in taking an elite pitcher or position player. If neither of those were available, I'd say it was a fine pick. Theres a 70/60/60 pitcher that could have been taken which I, personally, would have taken over him. But I mean, hes got a guy putting up 7 WAR, so...its working out for him.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
200w.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean its nice, just seems like a luxury at 1st overall. I like the player a ton, hes a great player, obviously. I just see more value in taking an elite pitcher or position player. If neither of those were available, I'd say it was a fine pick. Theres a 70/60/60 pitcher that could have been taken which I, personally, would have taken over him. But I mean, hes got a guy putting up 7 WAR, so...its working out for him.
That pitcher had a lot of question marks. I questioned the pick more because figs took Kim the year before who is similarly weak in the field. I took Cuellar in the early first. Not regretting that one bit.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Am pretty amazed at how good of a defender Ferrreira is, to tell ya the truth. The ratings suggest he is fairly lackluster in the field, but so far so good. Plus my scout is of the belief he will continue to improve with his eye and contact. Even with the low work ethic.
Pary to the indy devs he doesn't succumb to a leg or foot injury. Would be forced to choose who to DH tween him and JC Kim.

Wolfman21

i dont know if i'm gonna have enough arms left to finish the season.

Wish i hadn't traded baleia now...might actually have a chance to catch UK