• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Charge on!
Well, I just became an LSU fan. I feel vindicated for this:

12523985_10105016841351562_3229248286891716543_n.jpg

coogrfan

Navy: one week after Miles got fired and the "Herman to (insert P5 program here)" stuff kicked into high gear;
SMU: 5 days after the Big 12 flipped UH the bird, media "he gone" speculation ramps up even more;
Memphis: "Herman to LSU is a done deal".

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
So, you're saying that Herman isn't good at blocking out distractions. That will serve him well at Texas. :trollface:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Lol what a babby. Teams don't have to deal with coaches potentially being gone? GTFO.

Maybe ur Corch wanted to GTFO since he's the 3rd most popular college program within his own city and his team can't manage to play with any distractions.

R2D2

Oklahoma will fade into irrelevancy after Stoops retires/gets fired. I hope they promote Mike Stoops to HBC. :trollface:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU is in the top tier of programs, historically, having 4 corches who have each won 100 games, going back to the early part of last century. They'll be fine once Stoops is gone. Maybe not immediately, depending on who they hire, but they'll be successful. As long as Mike Stoops is exiled to whatever country has the highest rate of HIV.

coogrfan

Lol what a babby. Teams don't have to deal with coaches potentially being gone? GTFO.

Maybe ur Corch wanted to GTFO since he's the 3rd most popular college program within his own city and his team can't manage to play with any distractions.

Can you show me an example of a successful P5 program that has had 4 (soon to be 5) HC's in the last decade? How about a successful P5 program that has had three winning HC's hired away in a decade by schools that were once conference rivals? The answer to both of these is no, because it doesn't happen.

Briles: 5 years, gone.
Sumlin: 4 years, gone.
Herman: 2 years, gone.

I am tired of being told that "cougar high is unworthy of P5 status" while at the same time being used by the B12/SEC as a coaching academy. If you can't understand that, tough.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
Bleh rwo years in a row FSU has had to deal with Fisher to LSU rumors during Gata week. Two years in a row we destroyed them.

Anyways Gruden to Houston.

coogrfan

Bleh rwo years in a row FSU has had to deal with Fisher to LSU rumors during Gata week. Two years in a row we destroyed them.

Anyways Gruden to Houston.

Rumors, sure. But was losing your coach a foregone conclusion?

FSU can offer an opportunity to win a NC. We can't, because people who work for the have's control access to the playoff. FSU can afford to match any offer LSU can make. We can't, because the have's control the tv money too.

Since 2011 my school is 8-2 vs P5 programs. We're on a 6 game winning streak vs teams that were ranked when we played them and a 4 game streak vs top 10's (second longest active streaks behind Bama). According to the P5's and ESPN/Fox, none of that fucking matters.

I'm tired of being excluded. I'm tired of entitled P5 fans telling me this is the way things should be. I'm tired of seeing crap programs bring home $20-30 million a year in tv money when we have to make do with $2-3 million.

I'm just fucking tired.

Last edited:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Can you show me an example of a successful P5 program that has had 4 (soon to be 5) HC's in the last decade? How about a successful P5 program that has had three winning HC's hired away in a decade by schools that were once conference rivals? The answer to both of these is no, because it doesn't happen.

Briles: 5 years, gone.
Sumlin: 4years, gone.
Herman: 2 years, gone.

I am tired of being told that "cougar high is unworthy of P5 status" while at the same time being used by the B12/SEC as a coaching academy. If you can't understand that, tough.
So basically what you're saying is you've hired a rape Enabler, a drug/alcohol enabler, and the asshole co-captain of URBZ triumphant return from da gerd.

Exactly what do you bring to a P5 conference, except losses to UCONN.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Herman talking about how to handle Texas boosters is about being prepared. I am not sure anybody is truly prepared for that nuthouse. We will see how prepared he is over the next few years.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Herman talking about how to handle Texas boosters is about being prepared. I am not sure anybody is truly prepared for that nuthouse. We will see how prepared he is over the next few years.
This is the school that fired Mack Brown, then rehired him immediately within the athletic department moments after giving the job to Strong. Its a complete shitshow.

But..The boosters are happy because they feel they got their man.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Botch Jones should be fired, but he won't be. There is a slim chance he could leave on his own. The new AD will be hired in a week or two and then prolly fire him next year after a 6-6 season.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Botch Jones should be fired, but he won't be. There is a slim chance he could leave on his own. The new AD will be hired in a week or two and then prolly fire him next year after a 6-6 season.

He will be gone next year unless they win 10 games. ADs love marking their territory. And kicking out the biggest dick in town is the fastest way to secure control.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
There is just no excuse. With the talent they had returning, if they were decently corched at all, they would have been 11-1. Instead, they were two lucky plays away from 6-6 and had two horrible losses to SC and Vandy with the SEC East and Sugar Bowl on the line respectively.

Then, after the Vandy loss, Botch does a 4 minute press conference before the media can even get to the room from the press box, and leaves his players to answer all the tough questions. Fuck off. Done.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Tennessee should bring back Kiffin. To the weird sports media people, It would be like LeBron going back to Cleveland.

I really don't care who they hire at this point. The curse is there for disrespecting Fulmer and it's going to be there until we call home another native son, Jim Bob fucking Cooter. Sorry @kella.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Go right ahead. Vols seem like the perfect team for an offense that can't score 30 points in any single game.

Lightningwar

Administrator
There is just no excuse. With the talent they had returning, if they were decently corched at all, they would have been 11-1. Instead, they were two lucky plays away from 6-6 and had two horrible losses to SC and Vandy with the SEC East and Sugar Bowl on the line respectively.

Then, after the Vandy loss, Botch does a 4 minute press conference before the media can even get to the room from the press box, and leaves his players to answer all the tough questions. Fuck off. Done.

It is baffling. On paper Tenn should dominate the shitty SEC East. But god damn they found a way to let a team they beat soundly and without an offense win the thing again.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Oh no, he's even falling out of PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH favor. He gone.
Whoever said he was a good press conference corch anyway? Bigorangecountry? He is turrible at press conferences. Just pure corch speak.

R2D2

You know who started his coaching career at Tennessee? BRING JON GRUDEN HOME, BOYS. I only want this because BEEP BOOP will replace him on MNF.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Media: Will there be disappointment when you see Florida line up to play Alabama for the SEC championship this Saturday?

Jones: Disappointed? We have gone 1-0 eight times this season. How many teams in the history of the world can say that?

Media: Still, there has to be a sense of “What might have been?” after that 5-0 start. You finished 8-4 and didn’t win the SEC East as expected.

Jones: Why is it so hard for you people to understand that something special is going on here? It has been a long time since a Tennessee team won eight games. We’ve won 14 of our last 18 games. How many teams can say that?

Media: Do you wonder what this team might have accomplished if not for all the injuries?

Jones: We don’t use injuries as an excuse. That’s life in the SEC. You have to have a next-man-up mentality.
It just shows what great resolve and resiliency this team has. That’s why I love ’em.
No team in the history of the world has had this many injuries. But we will never use injuries as an excuse. We don’t even talk about them.

Media: Coach, have you been in touch with Jalen Hurd since he quit the team?

Jones: Jalen and I have a great relationship. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Media: But have you talked to Jalen since …

Jones: I said, “No more questions about Jalen.”

Media: What makes Joshua Dobbs so successful?

Jones: He wants to be great. And he’s constantly working at developing his craft. He studied video for 25 hours last Wednesday.
Joshua Dobbs could be president one day.

Media: Why has Derek Barnett had such a great year?

Jones: He wants to be great. And he’s constantly working at developing his craft. He studied video for 25 hours last Thursday.
Derek Barnett could be president one day.

Media: If Joshua Dobbs ran against Derek Barnett for president, who would win?

Butch: You must not have children. If you did, you would know you don’t choose one over the other. You love them the same. If your two children ran against each other for president, they would tie.

Media: If Joshua Dobbs and Derek Barnett tied for president, how would our country choose between them?

Jones: One would be president one day, and the other one would be president the next day.

Media: What if one was supposed to be president on Tuesday, but was ill. Could they swap days?

Jones: That’s a good question. One of you guys needs to research that.

Media: Could Jalen Hurd be president?

Jones: I said, “No more questions about Jalen.”

Media: Do you have a bowl preference?

Jones: Bowls are like children. You love them all the same.
It’s just great to be in the bowl conversation. Not since 2002 has Tennessee been to bowls in three consecutive seasons. That’s how far we have come in four years.
There’s something special going on here.

Craig7835

Jones: He wants to be great. And he’s constantly working at developing his craft. He studied video for 25 hours last Wednesday.

Ok how is it humanly possible for him to study video for 25 hours? If he did he would've learned how to make better reads let alone be a better QB than he is now.

Brick

Ok how is it humanly possible for him to study video for 25 hours? If he did he would've learned how to make better reads let alone be a better QB than he is now.
158819105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.