• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

evil1

Of course, none of the three players you mention are shooting guards but whatever.

However, they are all about 6'3 (the same height as Buddy Hield). They are also known for looking for their own shots more than typical PGs. Isn't that the role people envision for Hield? A short combo guard/PG who can shoot?

I think Hield has potential to be a good bench player or borderline starter. There is nothing wrong with that. Good for him. But I just don't see him being a star or a player that will significantly help get his team in the playoffs (sorry Reel). I would love it if he proves me wrong.

Tailback U

I think Hield is going to be better than most think. Biggest criticism on him is his height but he is talented and explosive enough to overcome that if its true what they say about his work ethic and attitude.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
However, they are all about 6'3 (the same height as Buddy Hield). They are also known for looking for their own shots more than typical PGs. Isn't that the role people envision for Hield? A short combo guard/PG who can shoot?

I think Hield has potential to be a good bench player or borderline starter. There is nothing wrong with that. Good for him. But I just don't see him being a star or a player that will significantly help get his team in the playoffs (sorry Reel). I would love it if he proves me wrong.
Are people really taking from my posts that I'm protecting him to be a franchise savior?

Lol

With this roster, buddy will not be playing PG. They have 2 on the roster, trying to resign a 3rd. Unless he goes into hero ball mode, the only dribbling I expect from him is to make a move towards the basket or to initiate offense from whatever spot he is on the court when he catches the ball.

Most of his work will come off screens from other guys. He is filling the role vacated by Gordon.

He will probably start opening night, and it might be ugly for a while.

zoltan

Like that guy with the bike riding dynasty back in the day that everyone kept chastising.

Fuckin Zackmills and Kella lmao

GTfan27

What do you plebs think about RUSS to the Hawks?

Westbrook for Schroder, Milsap, draft picks.

I think it's a possibility, but I don't see Westbrook playing nice with Budenholzer (aka Poppavich Jr). Plus the Hawks are in rebuilding mode, and RUSS is probably a 1 year rental this year.

evil1

Westbrook is an unrestricted free agent after this season. Unless Westbrook gives Atlanta rock solid assurances that he will sign a long term contract, Atlanta would be stupid to trade much of anything for him.
But why would Westbrook do that? Trade away Schroder and Milsap, and what is there to entice Westbrook to stay? Dwight Howard?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
RUSS isn't getting traded. He'll be here this whole season, then sign a long term contract next summer, either with rhubarb or ERRRZZZZ.

NML

The best comparison is the D League - because that's basically who is playing in these.

50% of the players in the summer league won't even make a roster for next year. Maybe 10% will be a player in the rotation.

So the quality does not compare to the NBA, plus the games don't matter. That all adds up to this being a terrible evaluator of talent.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Draymond gon draymond.

Honestly guy probably deserved it. Rodman kicked a camera man in the nuts, Barkley threw a guy threw a window...draymond slapping some mouthy millennial isn't a surprise.

Barkley also bought the all the passengers drinks on his flight out of Philly when he got traded to Phoenix.

Tailback U

Barkley also bought the all the passengers drinks on his flight out of Philly when he got traded to Phoenix.

What's your point? That Barkley was a class act for buying a round on an airplane? Lol...I'm sure Barkley did a lot more than that throughout his career but that is a funny example to use.

Btw draymond donated $3.1 million to Michigan state and was a top 10 finalist for the nba seasonlong nba community assist award.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/draymond-community-assist-award-finalist-20160509/

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
What's your point? That Barkley was a class act for buying a round on an airplane? Lol...I'm sure Barkley did a lot more than that throughout his career but that is a funny example to use.

Btw draymond donated $3.1 million to Michigan state and was a top 10 finalist for the nba seasonlong nba community assist award.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/draymond-community-assist-award-finalist-20160509/

Really don't have one. Just bored af while the wife watches shitty shows on HGTV.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Weirdly this Tim Duncan stuff has soured me a bit on Durant. Just because that kind of legacy and relationship to the team is what Durant always said he was about. Duncan's legacy sure as hell would have been different if he'd bolted for the Lakers after 9 years, and Pop wouldn't be up there crying about it.

IDK. I get that it's a business but when two guys like Duncan and Pop ignore the business side of things it just puts everyone else to shame.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't know much about the Spurs owners but I bet they've gone a little into the lux tax to keep that team together/win a title.

OKC's cheap ass owners made the bizniz decision themselves.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't know much about the Spurs owners but I bet they've gone a little into the lux tax to keep that team together/win a title.

OKC's cheap ass owners made the bizniz decision themselves.
And silver punked them. Repeater tax ain't no joke, I don't think they could have fielded a full team with the oil collapse

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yep. But they'll have to get out from under it at some point. Russian dude threw in the towel on it because it cost too much. Of course the awful decisions they made played a part but even the huge markets can't do it for long. It's crippling.

Reel

Community Liaison
Just read that mozgov will make more money in one year than the entire wnba salaries combined.

Lawd

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Yeah, OKC traded Harden rather than let him walk for nothing and everyone freaked. Presti traded 1 more season of Harden into a decade of Steven Adams.

Then they tried to hang on to Durant instead of trading him and when he walked for nothing everyone still freaked. He opted for 1 season of Durant instead of getting anything else and he was still wrong.

I don't fault Presti. He can only win with some people by convincing players to stay somewhere they don't want to be, which strikes me as an unreasonable ask.

Last edited:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Okay Ill bite because Im bored (and made the dumb decision to load utopia on the work pc). People freaked for completely different reasons, and nobody is freaking on Presti/Ownership for Durant walking like they did for trading Harden.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I watched 5 minutes of a summer league game and honestly it was better than NFL preseason by a large margin. Maybe it's because Dougherty and the PBP guy had these polos on and a general malaise toward the entire thing, which gave it a nice edge.

Tailback U

I really don't get the hate for Durant. He was going to get paid no matter what, he chose to go to one of the best teams instead of an inferior team and he's a bitch/coward/pussy because of it? Stupid.

Also, Duncan won 4 rings in his first 10 years. If Durant and the Thunder won 4 championships in his 10 years with the Thunder I'm guessing things would be different. Reverse the situation and I bet Duncan isn't a Spur for his entire career.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really don't get the hate for Durant. He was going to get paid no matter what, he chose to go to one of the best teams instead of an inferior team and he's a bitch/coward/pussy because of it? Stupid.

Also, Duncan won 4 rings in his first 10 years. If Durant and the Thunder won 4 championships in his 10 years with the Thunder I'm guessing things would be different. Reverse the situation and I bet Duncan isn't a Spur for his entire career.
You dumb lol

Reel

Community Liaison

there was that time Duncan thought about going to Orlando to team up with Grant Hill and Tmac tho

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okay Ill bite because Im bored (and made the dumb decision to load utopia on the work pc). People freaked for completely different reasons, and nobody is freaking on Presti/Ownership for Durant walking like they did for trading Harden.
Yeah nobody faults presti at all, not sure if guy is just making that up or if he has a few dumb friends who do. Thudner played this one as well as they could

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Good post
It's all the mental energy that required. I know you are incapable of seeing why every other team is not happy with him, so there isn't a point in trying. It's so obvious that if you don't see it already there's no hope for you