• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
giphy.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
SEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCC East is one of the worst divisions in football. I think UT is the best option to win it and then get spanked by LSU or Bama in the champ game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Solid. I hope that it doesn't go away completely, although I'm fine not playing them every single year.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Solid. I hope that it doesn't go away completely, although I'm fine not playing them every single year.

I think it will be 18 & 19 and then a break until Michigan's schedule opens up again. 20 & 21 has Michigan playing home and homes with Washington and Va. Tech. With UCLA, OU, and Texas on the schedule after that. Does Michigan have the balls to go back to a non-conference schedule consisting of ND, another big name opponent and a good MAC school/ lower tier power 5 school go forward in 22.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Doubtful, but mostly because of the Big Ten schedule. Michigan is going to want to schedule 3 out of conference home games on years where they have 5 Big Ten road games, just for the money. So unless they can get ND and the big name opponent at home in those years, it's not going to happen.

goblue96

Looking at the website this is what currently in the pipeline

2020: Sept. 5 at Washington, Sept. 12 vs. Ball State, Sept. 19 vs. Virginia Tech
2021: Sept. 11 at Virginia Tech, Sept. 18 vs. Washington
2022: Sept. 10 vs. UCLA
2023: Sept. 2 at UCLA
2024: Aug. 31 vs. Texas
2025: Sept. 6 at Oklahoma
2026: Sept. 12 vs. Oklahoma
2027: Sept. 4 at Texas

Barring any changes to the conference schedule, it going to require some schedule juggling. Michigan plays four B1G home games in the odd number years. Michigan has already schedule road big name teams in those years. However, an even split is possible because two of those four conference games are MSU and OSU. So, you put together a home schedule of ND, MSU, and OSU. That's three guaranteed sellouts and lots of people on campus. Pair it with a lower tier power 5 school as a second OOC home game and the remaining two conference home games (currently Rutgers and a rotating West school) doesn't seem so bad.

goblue96

LSU is playing Wisconsin but forced UW to move its home game from Camp Randall to Lambeau.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan and Arkansas were scheduled for a home and home. But it conflicts with Notre Dame, so it will probably be cancelled or changed in some way.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Penn state also was forced to some neutral site game.
Um played bammer at jerry world.

Is a home and home too much to ask?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Forgot about that. Tenneesee has a little too much sack apparently.
Even the past 10 years with all the sucking they still played good teams and I appreciate that. Home and homes with UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Oklahoma etc.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Penn state also was forced to some neutral site game.
Um played bammer at jerry world.

Is a home and home too much to ask?

Huh?

PSU played a home and home with Alabama in 2010-2011. And PSU has scheduled a home and home with Auburn for 2021-2022.

-YTC

JAR201166

I wanna play a northern team when it's cold at there place it's only fair since PSU had to play in the heat

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Yeah, but it really doesn't get cold until November, and nobody plays non-rival non-conference games that late in the year.

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
Sec does. November is when sec beats up on d2.

Point still stands. Pretty much anyone in the other 3 power conferences will schedule against Osu or um home and home. With the exception of ut.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Huh?

PSU played a home and home with Alabama in 2010-2011. And PSU has scheduled a home and home with Auburn for 2021-2022.

-YTC
Thought that was neutral. Regardless initial post was about um and osu. I know there have been home amd homes with other b1g

Lightningwar

Administrator
LSU is playing Wisconsin but forced UW to move its home game from Camp Randall to Lambeau.

I hope LSU didnt think that may take away their advantage. The Badgers and the Packers are the only two football teams in the state. That is just what LSU wants. A bunch of Packer fans screaming at them in Lambeau instead of Badger fans in Camp Randall.

goblue96

I don't think "forced" is accurate. As I understand it, when they scheduled the game they planned to play it at Lambeau.

I still argue that the "home-and-home" doesn't happen if UW didn't move their game to a neutral site.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I imagine that LSU said they wouldn't do a return trip unless the game was at Lambeau. So forced is pretty much accurate. But the series wasn't a home and home anyway, LSU and Wisconsin played in Houston in 2014.

CJ_24

Doesn't that presuppose that Wisconsin didn't want to play a game at Lambeau, and only went along with it because LSU "forced" them to?

coogrfan

On a related note:

http://usopencollege.com/

2016 U.S. Open College Beer Competition Results

Oxford, Ohio (July) – The U.S. Open College Beer Championship is for Colleges and Universities that teach brewing courses and was held to help determine the best future brewers in North America. Any college or university that offers courses in brewing could enter the U.S. Open. All beers were submitted by one of the school’s brewing professors/instructors. The beers could be brewed on any system on or off campus that is approved by the professors/instructors.

In the first year of competition, Niagara College Teaching Brewery in Welland, Ontario took home the Grand National Championship as the best college program in North America. The Teaching Brewery took home 2 gold, a silver and a bronze medals in the competition while 7 different colleges took home medals in 5 categories. These categories included IPA, Witbier, German Pilsner, Imperial Stout and an “Open” category where students could enter any style of beer they wanted.

Top 3 Brewing Schools in North America
1. Niagara College Teaching Brewery – Canada
2. Central Michigan University
3. University of Houston

Medal Winners
IPA
Gold – Shasta IPA – University of Houston
Silver – Victory IPA – Central Michigan University
Bronze – Jack’s Front Yard IPA – Colorado State University