• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That's why I offered him some non turds! Take a look at that Turkey Mountain roster, Lloyd, they'd beat Miami that's for sure.

Yes, because pitching position players (thanks to guys being benched and injured) and having Nicky Suter playing CF (since a sledgehammer to the nuts isn't possible in OOTP) are hallmarks of teams looking to compete. This year I'm going D first and praying the rosary for a .400 win percentage. Try to be a Jordan but settle for a 12th Hard Dick to Give Six Fouls.

TonyGin&Juice

Who are you'll talking about?

2 TOs 4 lyfe

Normally I don't really see any reason to do them unless it's a guy that's young and unproven (like these international guys that show up as FAs) or it's a guy you're buying ARB years out on and want to try and extend again (greedy fucks like Ploeg). I mean, for Redbeard a TO/PO/VO is just dumb since you're going to overpay the guy for at least three years why not just go for broke.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Who are you'll talking about?

2 TOs 4 lyfe

Yes, you are a noted copycat after you watched the ascension of the colony you left in ruins. North Dakota just expanded their fleet to 2k and colonized a new world thanks to Mr. Manager's leadership and Douglass Tagg's noted exploring abilities.

TonyGin&Juice

Yes, you are a noted copycat after you watched the ascension of the colony you left in ruins. North Dakota just expanded their fleet to 2k and colonized a new world thanks to Mr. Manager's leadership and Douglass Tagg's noted exploring abilities.

And yet for all of your smugness and peacocking you've got nothing to show for it outside of a couple of 500 flags.

TonyGin&Juice

See that's the thing though. It isn't just participation, it is WINNING. DECADES OF (regular season) DOMINANCE

You should really move the team to DC where winning the regular season is held as high as winning it all. See: Capitals two President's Cup and no Stanley Cups, the Nats two post-season first round exits.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's what the player wanted before we had to redo everything so I went with it again. It's no secret who this guy is (one of the many international FA that showed up in the FA pool) so I'm hedging my bets if he sucks I don't have to waste my piddly budget on a guy riding the pine and if he's good I've got him for another two years. Not all of us can offer Redbeard $20M AAV or sign Bish to $50M contracts like you dirty HAVES so you have to get creative.

By the way, @OU11 why didn't you process the Ploeg extension when you redid things? Now he wants almost $1M a year, which is fine, but I thought you had processed those when you did all of the pending FAs and IFAs.

Because i wasn't in the offseason tab. just ask whoever sims tonight to do it and it shall be done

TonyGin&Juice

Because i wasn't in the offseason tab. just ask whoever sims tonight to do it and it shall be done

No worries, sorry if my tone came off as bitchy, totally didn't reread it before I posted to make sure I wasn't being a whiny hoe. I also just noticed I said he wants $1M per year when it's really that he wants $1M MORE per year over what we had agreed on. @Orlando @osick87 just let me know which of you is doing the sim tonight and I'll send you what Ploeg had agreed to on an extension (and yes, it was within the rules).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was a noted 2 TO person for years in this league, I don't mind it on big contracts because you have to pay them both when you execute the first I think. That 2 TO on the 1.5m contract @NML had made me laugh when I put it in though. I almost made the buyouts 1.5m on each year just because he's an idiot

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No worries, sorry if my tone came off as bitchy, totally didn't reread it before I posted to make sure I wasn't being a whiny hoe. I also just noticed I said he wants $1M per year when it's really that he wants $1M MORE per year over what we had agreed on. @Orlando @osick87 just let me know which of you is doing the sim tonight and I'll send you what Ploeg had agreed to on an extension (and yes, it was within the rules).

Nah it wasn't. I just did what was in the offseason report, but if anyone did do extensions I kept the file so we can get those taken care of if necessary. If Osick and Orlando don't want to do it I can put them in tonight.

@Orlando still has to go through and put all the bonuses in tho :trollface:

TonyGin&Juice

Nah it wasn't. I just did what was in the offseason report, but if anyone did do extensions I kept the file so we can get those taken care of if necessary. If Osick and Orlando don't want to do it I can put them in tonight.

@Orlando still has to go through and put all the bonuses in tho :trollface:

To me, it's probably pretty close to what he agreed to originally but that guy is greedy af so it looks, to me, like he wanted more in this new extension after the "reboot". I'll shoot all three of you what I think I had though just to be safe.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I was a noted 2 TO person for years in this league, I don't mind it on big contracts because you have to pay them both when you execute the first I think. That 2 TO on the 1.5m contract @NML had made me laugh when I put it in though. I almost made the buyouts 1.5m on each year just because he's an idiot

The option even on small contracts is still valuable because it gives you a longer negotiation window for the next contract and makes trading a good player really easy because you can sign them to a great long term contract and have the next year salary hit be minimal.

I did that with Bert and locked him down for 6 years after the 1M TOs, so when I traded him JD got 1 year at the 1M mark which was nice for him and it makes the contract very easy to trade.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To me, it's probably pretty close to what he agreed to originally but that guy is greedy af so it looks, to me, like he wanted more in this new extension after the "reboot". I'll shoot all three of you what I think I had though just to be safe.

No need, I can pull it up and we can do it exact

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The option even on small contracts is still valuable because it gives you a longer negotiation window for the next contract and makes trading a good player really easy because you can sign them to a great long term contract and have the next year salary hit be minimal.

I did that with Bert and locked him down for 6 years after the 1M TOs, so when I traded him JD got 1 year at the 1M mark which was nice for him and it makes the contract very easy to trade.

Oh I know, that's how I used to game the AI like crazy. I remember when I first found that out back in the 40s, what innocent times we lived in back then. I posted about how I tried out this new fad of signing Karpetbomber 2 years early because his TOs allowed me to and oooooo did Rad turn Mad

TonyGin&Juice

Oh I know, that's how I used to game the AI like crazy. I remember when I first found that out back in the 40s, what innocent times we lived in back then. I posted about how I tried out this new fad of signing Karpetbomber 2 years early because his TOs allowed me to and oooooo did Rad turn Mad

Has anyone worked this with a greedy af busta like Ploeg?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Has anyone worked this with a greedy af busta like Ploeg?
yeah but it works best on their first contract going into the second if they haven't fully developed into an all star. Then you can sign them for 5 years at 10m or whatever but really you're locking in the two cheap TOs so it's like a 7 year deal

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

To me it is my response to the dumb 5 year pre arb limit.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think this even dates back to UBL

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To me it is my response to the dumb 5 year pre arb limit.

This is actually a great reason to have the limit. At least now you have to pay them somewhat close to their value even with your slime ball tactics.

We really could get rid of that limit I think if we find that the arb demands are good enough. Most guys won't sign over 5 anyway, and as long as you wait until after the first arbitration hearing I think it's fine doing whatever you want in terms of length. But we'll see how 17's AI is with those types of demands

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We really could get rid of that limit I think if we find that the arb demands are good enough. Most guys won't sign over 5 anyway, and as long as you wait until after the first arbitration hearing I think it's fine doing whatever you want in terms of length. But we'll see how 17's AI is with those types of demands
We would have to get rid of pre-arb contracts in that case, which is what @Yankee151's argument has been for a long time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wait, I don't have an extension signed for Ploeg on the latest old file... you sure he signed one?
@TonyGin&Juice an offered extension =/= signed. I have had many guys come back from extension offers wanting more. Henny did it just last season. Why you gotta do me like that Henny?!

TonyGin&Juice

@TonyGin&Juice an offered extension =/= signed. I have had many guys come back from extension offers wanting more. Henny did it just last season. Why you gotta do me like that Henny?!

It was in pending for a couple of sims and he said it was perfect. He is a greedy af so who knows but I'm a p0r HAVE NOT so I gotta try and lock down the "talent" while I can before the team becomes the WBL equivalent of the Minnesota T___s.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It was in pending for a couple of sims and he said it was perfect. He is a greedy af so who knows but I'm a p0r HAVE NOT so I gotta try and lock down the "talent" while I can before the team becomes the WBL equivalent of the Minnesota T___s.
Yeah, but pending doesn't mean signed. I'll advance the old file and see if he signs.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The game has gotten better with pre-arb. Astorias wants 8/70 with a 4th year opt out when I just checked it out and that's fairly common for good players.

I just don't think the game can handle signing guys with less than a year of service time.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hey I don't know if you guys noticed, but it looks like there's a way to set draft budgets now. Idk if it's because I'm in Commish mode but it's on the prospects page.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Let me get this straight: @Mr. Radpants thinks player opt out before a TO year is gaming the AI but signing players with 2 weeks of service time to 8 year deals isn't....

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
OOTP17 is so chill. The penalty for bad locker rooms and tanking is actually so evident, if you aren't careful you'll vastly underrate players because of it.