• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

Brick

what did Michigan have to do with the deaths of Brian Kelly's victims?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lightningwar

Administrator
This whole Satellite camp crap is exactly the problem with the NCAA. What is best for the student athletes? More or less access to programs? So who did the NCAA side with on this issue? The big programs and not the student athlete.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This whole Satellite camp crap is exactly the problem with the NCAA. What is best for the student athletes? More or less access to programs? So who did the NCAA side with on this issue? The big programs and not the student athlete.

The best part is that coaches (Hugh Freeze in particular) are saying they don't want to have to do camps because of the work involved. So we just passed a rule about it so people who make millions of dollars a year don't have to work as hard?

I'm not sure if the opposition to this is more about recruiting or more about coaches that don't want to work in June.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Texas A&M Students Dump Dead Dog Onto Band's Practice Field

Q7rY3C7.jpg

somewhere there's an empty jar that needs to be refilled. WHOOP!

White version of this.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The NCAA also deregulated electronic communications to recruits. So, coaches can't see them in person at camps, but they can send 1000s of text messages a day? Yeah, definitely helping out the kids here, NCAA.

Simo77

The NCAA also deregulated electronic communications to recruits. So, coaches can't see them in person at camps, but they can send 1000s of text messages a day? Yeah, definitely helping out the kids here, NCAA.
Fuck that. Hugh got an intern for that shit. He ain't got time for texts either.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Except that's completely disingenuous. He never once said that he was talking about "SEC Country." That's purely PAWWWLLL stirring the pot. He was talking about satellite camps in general. Never once did he single out any part of the country.

I mean, there are 22 players on his roster that are from "SEC Country," for crying out loud.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Let's tom bout Georgia passing a FOIA law that gives university athletic departments 90 days to respond to FOIA requests. Used to be 3 days. And this isn't even providing information under FOIA, it's just responding. Kirby Smart lobbied for the law, because apparently FOIA requests make it hard to win football games? Not sure. Link: http://onlineathens.com/sports/coll...#article=7823C7D0492602D754E1536942AAC2EC408C

The money quote, from Georgia's Lt. Governor:
Cagle said before the revised bill passed in the Senate: “I hope it brings us a national championship is what I hope.”

:facepalm:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Except that's completely disingenuous. He never once said that he was talking about "SEC Country." That's purely PAWWWLLL stirring the pot. He was talking about satellite camps in general. Never once did he single out any part of the country.

I mean, there are 22 players on his roster that are from "SEC Country," for crying out loud.

-YTC

Yeah, Furd recruits Georgia pretty hard but it's fun to mess with all the insecure SEC mouthbreathers

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yep that must be why Richt could never get over the hump. Too many FOIA requests to handle lol.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Harbaughs response was spot on. Even called out SEEEEEEEEECCCC and ACCCCCCC coaches who complained for being lazy for the millions they make.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Mark Schlabach will be right on the story once he is done combing through Tally police files from the 1970s. He is only getting into the mid 80s right now.

I heard there is going to be a giant expose on how Bobby Bowden avoided a speeding ticket in 1986.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Also, telling a football player that they can't handle adversity? Yeah, that's going to go over well. The rest of it is just inter-generational bullshit.