• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055-2056 WBL Winter Meetings in Scania, Sweden!

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
If he sucks I'll send him to Miami.

We're out of the dumping ground business. You can blame ol' MongoLOLloyd and his "send me something for $45M Bish" for that.

The guys that PREFERRED TRADING PARTNER Tankee sent me were exactly what I wanted in FA but couldn't find - GB pitchers on one year deals that were somewhat popular.

Lloyd Carr

We're out of the dumping ground business. You can blame ol' MongoLOLloyd and his "send me something for $45M Bish" for that.

I'm not giving away the best pitcher in the league for nothing. If you can't afford him, that's your problem. I don't need to get rid of him, so I won't unless I receive an offer worthwhile.

Don't come at me with that fuckshit

TonyGin&Juice

I'm not giving away the best pitcher in the league for nothing. If you can't afford him, that's your problem. I don't need to get rid of him, so I won't unless I receive an offer worthwhile.

Don't come at me with that fuckshit

1.gif

How did not moving $45M help you this offseason?

Lloyd Carr

1.gif

How did not moving $45M help you this offseason?

Because Buffalo isn't a brokedick team yet.

I still have one of the best rotations in the league, and I proved last season that a mediocre lineup can still propel you into the playoffs. Sure, with that $45M I could have bid on some IFA, but I'd have ended up in a bidding war with travis or doh and came out with two or three dudes. Cool, I waste an entire season so I can get two dudes. Hooray?

I can still compete for a playoff spot with the team I have, and that's more important than the possibility of getting three lottery ticket IFA's. When Buffalo no longer legitimately can compete is when I'll start playing the lottery.

TonyGin&Juice

Plus, I've already got that $15M IFA on Buffalo right now. RIGGER SLAYER bout to do some work this year.

NOW YOURE TALKING HOE!!!!! BRONG DA PAIN.

Now, if you'll excuse me, please light a candle and say a prayer for me, I'm stuck on the Greyhound in the sky surrounded by fat white people heading to that hellhole FAtlanta. If I don't make it back let that wanksta @Gooksta take over sending Marcus Never Nude to the p0r house.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Hopefully in OOTP 17 the players will be smarter, will realize when a couple of assholes are upping their bids with no intention of actually signing the player, and accept the overpriced contract before the couple of assholes withdraw their offers. Carrillo took an offer from me that was actually less than my initial 1st day of FA offer (I really don't get why...my initial offer was still on the table, lol). Poor guy lost out on more than $10M from what I can tell from what he was asking for while the couple of assholes were still bidding.

@Travis7401 @NML

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hopefully in OOTP 17 the players will be smarter, will realize when a couple of assholes are upping their bids with no intention of actually signing the player, and accept the overpriced contract before the couple of assholes withdraw their offers. Carrillo took an offer from me that was actually less than my initial 1st day of FA offer (I really don't get why...my initial offer was still on the table, lol). Poor guy lost out on more than $10M from what I can tell from what he was asking for while the couple of assholes were still bidding.

@Travis7401 @NML

I gave up when NML took him up over 5M AAV about three sims ago...

TonyGin&Juice

@Travis7401 @NML

If they could just fix the super fast guys that have 20 OF range I'd be happy.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

@Travis7401 @NML

Bushleague tactic.

ZackMills

Have mercy
What did you end up signing him for? I know you legit beat me on that RP. Wasn't willing to go that deep when I was in the IFA race with a bunch of players.

1 year, $3.3M. He can run and play defense, so if he can't hit well enough to start, he'll give value off the bench.

TonyGin&Juice

That's a really good deal for him. People will poopoo on him but for that price that's a serious value. I signed two guys that are strictly defense (neither even has a AA bat) for about $1.5M and obviously claimed another from you when I lost out on Carrillo.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No one will poopoo on that contract. I will poopoo on the dummies that wasted five minutes a day bidding him up in an effort to screw over other GMs.

NML

I was going to sign him, but then I traded for Waterman. No bidding up here.

NML

ZM should be thanking bdub for trading with me or he wouldn't have gotten him.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
1 year, $3.3M. He can run and play defense, so if he can't hit well enough to start, he'll give value off the bench.

Yeah, I was going to use him as a left hand platoon player and 4th outfielder and thought he'd be perfect for that. I only wanted to drop about $4-5M on him per year and got priced out by @NML.

Even though I missed out on Carillo and that RP, those were just going to be luxury upgrades. I addressed the only position of NEED (backup C) for a pretty reasonable one year deal, and that left me $80M For IFA players. I ended up spending 76M on IFA, so signing Carillo or an RP probably would have cost me one of my bigger IFA players. This year was a great success, I signed my entire Top 10 list of guys I really wanted and 17/22 that I actually bid on.

SPREADSHEETS OF DOMINANCE

26215033035_3b7c723321_b.jpg

NML

Missed out on Perez in IFA, but otherwise happy. Hoping to get on .500 mountain this season.

TonyGin&Juice

So, a couple of things:

- Can we fix this issue in OOTP 17 so the Os don't have to clean up a mess that's really not a mess?
- This might be one of the dumbest WBL rules ever. Blanks and Rocky both suggested those contracts based on the game logic and they were in line with extensions signed by actual MLB guys (Longoria comes to mind, though his first contract was way team friendly). It's not my fault the system itself doesn't recognize these HAVE friendly rules.
- I don't get why this is an issue at all. Take a look at my financials and you'll see there is no one on the books that's not an ARB case or a TO in two seasons (Hammer Harris is wasted money at this point, so ignore him). These kind of extensions are perfect for teams like mine (run by morons, HAVE NOTS for LIFE) and I don't see why, especially without COMPENSATION PICKS, we should be feeder teams for the HAVES.
- If we're going to have the five year first contract extension limit we need to bring back sandwich round comp picks. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that'll dilute an already diluted draft pool but you can't have teams with $200M budgets and teams with $100M budgets all vying for the same FAs and expect parity. My only suggestion would be if we did do comp picks after the 1st round make them where you can't trade them.

NML

That's actually not a terrible contract for the player, but a lot of great players would sign 10 year deals at a million per. That's why the rule came around.

Even though $9m isn't cheap, he's one of the best in the league and he'd get a lot more than that in FA.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I understood the other limitation on pre-arb deals (1 year service time and meet arb estimate each year as a minimum) due to the AI not being too savvy, but the 5 year limit always pissed me off. I think if we do the 5 year limit on 1st contracts it should be a 5 year limit on all contracts.