• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I only went with Herc so I could use that Nutty Professor vidya if he won.

Looks like it'll be a missed opportunity.

Lloyd Carr

r4S4riP.gif

Lloyd Carr

What time do you think we'll start the WS tonight?

I'm gonna try and mess around with my minor league system at some point, and I want to make sure I export before we get going.

Lloyd Carr

Well I culled my system a bit today. Right now, I only have 2 players in A, 3 in AA, and 8 in AAA. Gonna make for an interesting off-season.

Gonna try and do some research at some point about which level I should be keeping my guys. I don't want to leave guys in AA too long if it negatively impacts their development. At the same time, I don't want to move them to AAA if that would negatively affect their development at the same time.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Well I culled my system a bit today. Right now, I only have 2 players in A, 3 in AA, and 8 in AAA. Gonna make for an interesting off-season.

Gonna try and do some research at some point about which level I should be keeping my guys. I don't want to leave guys in AA too long if it negatively impacts their development. At the same time, I don't want to move them to AAA if that would negatively affect their development at the same time.

Honestly, given how screwy 16s development is of prospects if they're raking at AA after 2/3 of a season bump them to AAA to finish up the season and then park them there until the Super Two status expires and call them up the following season. I just don't see the utility in parking guys in the minors in the hopes of them developing a position or a third, fourth, or fifth pitch once they've had 3-4 years of "seasoning".

Lloyd Carr

Honestly, given how screwy 16s development is of prospects if they're raking at AA after 2/3 of a season bump them to AAA to finish up the season and then park them there until the Super Two status expires and call them up the following season. I just don't see the utility in parking guys in the minors in the hopes of them developing a position or a third, fourth, or fifth pitch once they've had 3-4 years of "seasoning".

Well, right now, none of my prospects will ever have to worry about Super Two status. They just aren't that good.

I'm just looking for the best options as far as where to place guys with potential. I don't have any prospects that venture to be starting roster material, so I want to figure out where best to place them during their development so they can reach max potential. At max potential, some of them may be solid bench/utility guys or potential mid-relief options.

I'm comfortable with the progression of where to put quality prospects who are definitely going to be in the big leagues one day. I'm just less confident with the best strategy for dealing with the guys who aren't for sure things.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Let me know if you need some filler, I've got a fair number of dudes with decent potential who just haven't been able to hack it in AA and they about to get phased out by younger dudes.

This Loathsome Motherfucker should be a good AA roster filler, but he hasn't done shit. He used to have good potential too, but last year he got knocked out of the starting lineup and now he ain't even worth a backup AA spot.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_4899.html

Whatever you do, don't do what Tony says.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, it's not I didn't just have three rookies have great seasons or anything.

You were fortunate they were all AAA or WBL ready when you acquired them. There was nothing to mess up.

We'll see how it works with this dude you ran all the way from A to WBL in a single season! Now he's in the WBL with his bat 75% of potential and no position. That's an interesting way to handle the development of a top 5 draft pick!

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_8835.html

TonyGin&Juice

You were fortunate they were all AAA or WBL ready when you acquired them. There was nothing to mess up.

We'll see how it works with this dude you ran all the way from A to WBL in a single season! Now he's in the WBL with his bat 75% of potential and no position. That's an interesting way to handle the development of a top 5 draft pick!

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_8835.html

Did someone take away my ability to option guys back down to the minors? You'd almost think I'm going to get my balls chopped off with a rusty hatchet if I attempt to send him down with the way @Travis7401 is talking. Who gives a fuck if this guy's options get burned? No one is going to give me anything of value for him on the trade market and if he can't make it on this shit ass team in the next three years he deserves to be shot into the sun.

Pretty swell of you to completely ignore the ratings and performance increases of the guys I did call up.

TonyGin&Juice

Tony is basically Trump.

"Gooksta gave me a small loan of a championship team"

Which I decided to tear apart and rebuild. When I'm getting swept in the first round of the playoffs in three years with a much higher budget and deeper farm what will your line be?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Not sure which rivalry I like more
  • Tony vs Travis debating fake baseball and R vs Excel
  • Tony vs @bruin arguing who's more mediocre

Tony calling hisself a winner when LRM were literally the winner (>.500 mountain). That's better.

Until Tony and I engaged in a game of brinksmanship over an 8th round pick... $100k and QUIT THE WBL on the line!