• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054-55 Off-Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Jokes on you, I have a tablet also.

Just trying to help you out with getting rid of your steam code. You don't matter though, I'm just saying that the cost is about the same as waiting until the ASB so there really isn't a reason to wait unless we just aren't going to upgrade.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I thought about that actually since I end up doing the same, this year I was thinking about creating a spreadsheet where the buyers could give me the codes they gave out and I could log them that way. So if someone quit we could get it back.

I doubt we ever move to OOTP 17 with everyone buying it on their own and I don't know why you'd need 3 keys unless you actually like the game outside of the online side. There probably aren't many that play it outside of that so the ones that only use one can band together and I can keep that part organized.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Just trying to help you out with getting rid of your steam code. You don't matter though, I'm just saying that the cost is about the same as waiting until the ASB so there really isn't a reason to wait unless we just aren't going to upgrade.

I am hoping to dump Steam this year so I can manage my team while flying my space ship.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You fucking poors sharing licenses drive me nuts. Put 400 hours into this game a year and you can't pay $40? I'm going to buy 12 copies of the game and not share any!

Also, nothing on the list really seemed all that worth upgrading for. I'd vote for the new game every 2 years plan.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That post is juxtaposing my head too much

I should have explained that second part better. The game is "worth" it to me from a purely monetary perspective, so if the league wants to do that I'm fine with purchasing the new game and not being a freeloading little bitch maid... My point was that there don't seem to be enough positive changes to make it "worth" the potential headaches that might come from transferring an existing league to a new game engine, since that invariably causes a few complications with players and contracts acquired or signed under the old game engine might have a relative advantage/disadvantage compared to the newly generated players or contract AI demands.

jdlikewhoa

You fucking poors sharing licenses drive me nuts. Put 400 hours into this game a year and you can't pay $40? I'm going to buy 12 copies of the game and not share any!

Also, nothing on the list really seemed all that worth upgrading for. I'd vote for the new game every 2 years plan.
400 hours? 5 minutes a day works out to more like 30 hours.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
500 minutes a day, but not all of them are logged in game. Many of those 3,000 hours a year are logged while I break through space-time in my spaceship.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
We'll know more during the dev diary things. They don't care much about online but that includes their marketing pushes also.

Are there really more people who care about head to head historical matchups than online? Historical minor leagues?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
  • Smarter, more cunning AI GMs and managers, with individualized personal approaches to roster-building, scouting, and finances
Could be cool if they have made the game actually challenging, which I'll believe when I see.

osick87

Community Liaison
We'll know more during the dev diary things. They don't care much about online but that includes their marketing pushes also.

Are there really more people who care about head to head historical matchups than online? Historical minor leagues?

That historical stuff makes me think we are at the lower end of their demographics.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@TonyGin&Juice upset I traded Juarez for his 3rd round pick, but not to him.

I would have given you much more than what @Orlando gave you for Juarez but I guess you didn't want to FLEECE me so I had to go and out a FLEECEJACKET on poor ol' @doh who probably only agreed to send me TRUCKER THE LINEDRIVER FUCKER because of jet lag and Czech whores.

1207 for me

At 423 hours but that's on my Linux server, no idea what it is on my Mac since it doesn't have STEAM.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

It isn't that, it's that I get 3 licenses with the purchase and only use one. Stop projecting

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean the last few years each game has seemed worth an upgrade. This one not so much.

We said that last year though, when they came out with the news letter that defined the features that aren't headliners we decided it was worth it. We should obviously wait for that but I'm guessing there are going to be some features that won't grab the MLB LICENSE!!1!!! crowd that will make the league better

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All 3 licenses are intended for personal use, correct? Not for sharing with a buddy? If you want nice things and you don't like DRM and shit like that, then support companies who are fair in their practices.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
All 3 licenses are intended for personal use, correct? Not for sharing with a buddy? If you want nice things and you don't like DRM and shit like that, then support companies who are fair in their practices.

So are a lot of things, this is America.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But really, even if they come out with some dope features we always have lost 3-4 people in the past because they didn't want to upgrade. This didn't come about just because Orlando and I didn't want to pay, it was the only way to keep the league intact at some points. OOTP13 especially. Or maybe it was 14. Idk but one year half the league refused to buy it so I bought like 3 copies to keep it together, I think quale bought 2-3 as well :laughing:

So I already know the trog hole you're trying to weasel into and I know where it leads, maybe it's different this time....

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Blanket statement: If in the future we upgrade and anyone would like to keep playing but is put off by the fact that money is tight because you are a college student or have a family and the kids need braces or whatever, I'll buy ur copy for you. Voting with ur wallet is important to me. This game and online league play that goes with itit has is such an awesome thing in a world of completely lackluster sports titles. Plus, the more sales this company has, the better chance they can justify and figure out how to come up with a decent footbaw sim. Also, from a purely selfish perspective, I really enjoy this league and everyone in it and sitting at home sperging over statistics on Friday night instead of going out has probably saved me thousands of dollars in the last year alone.

Taking advantage of a liberal multi-license policy also pisses me off because it is basically dicking this company for treating you with respect as a consumer to allow you that convenience. If enough people are dicks like that, every developer is going to embrace Origin/EA's onerous DRM methodology that is just an ass fucking inconvenience for actual customers.

tl;dr - YOU FUCKING MILLENNIALS NEED SOME RESPONSIBILITY AND WORK ETHIC

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Also, from a purely selfish perspective, I really enjoy this league and everyone in it and sitting at home sperging over statistics on Friday night instead of going out has probably saved me thousands of dollars in the last year alone.

Play your cards right and you liver might quit on you like mine and then you won't even be able to drink or do drugs at home where it's cheaper. WIN-WIN baby.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Blanket statement: If in the future we upgrade and anyone would like to keep playing but is put off by the fact that money is tight because you are a college student or have a family and the kids need braces or whatever, I'll buy ur copy for you. Voting with ur wallet is important to me. This game and online league play that goes with itit has is such an awesome thing in a world of completely lackluster sports titles. Plus, the more sales this company has, the better chance they can justify and figure out how to come up with a decent footbaw sim. Also, from a purely selfish perspective, I really enjoy this league and everyone in it and sitting at home sperging over statistics on Friday night instead of going out has probably saved me thousands of dollars in the last year alone.

Taking advantage of a liberal multi-license policy also pisses me off because it is basically dicking this company for treating you with the respect as a consumer to allow you that convenience. If enough people are dicks, every developer is going to embrace Origin/EA's onerous DRM methodology that is just an ass fucking inconvenience for actual customers.

Well orlando and I did the same thing for years pretty much, but in OOTP13 we got compensated. Well we tried, I never actually got paid I'm not sure if he did :laughing:

Either way, don't get your panties in a wad they've got their fair share from us. They've actually gotten more than their fair share from this league honestly.

Btw I'm a college student with a family and kids and my dog needs braces, I need a copy

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
OU11, sole decider of "fair shares." You feelin the bern now?

Well it was either what they got or nothing, so I think that's fair. And it's more than their fair share because orlando and I had to buy 2-3 copies for a year or two just to keep it going. If we didn't do that the league would've ended long before you were ever annoyed into joining.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If I was here, I'd have shamed all those poors into not being poor anymore. Look how it worked with @Brick, he's almost a contributing member to society now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think osick also bought a few one year, I think someone bought mine last year and I still ended up pre-ordering two because people weren't down for OOTP.

What I'm saying is they've gotten their money from the league. Due to us being so disorganized with our keys we never knew who had which and so we couldn't figure out who quit with which key. So we had to just keep buying copies.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ima buy 10 copies of 17 just for me and then delete the keys so that I'm sure they've gotten their fair share. That's how mad I am at MILLENNIALS!