• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

B1G Football

Brick

was that a shoutout to dylann roof? looks like he broke out of prison. dat (lack of) haircut.

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
Well, there we have it.

I didn't get to see the game, but judging solely by the stats, MSU was bound to win the game at some point or another. It's tough to pull down a W when you lose the turnover, time of possession and rushing yards game. From all accounts, both teams played well defensively, which isn't surprising. Without having seen the actual footage, I can't say whether one team outplayed the other straight up (though it seems like Iowa's offense didn't do itself any favors), so I'll simply have to give MSU credit for doing enough to get the victory, and keeping Iowa from doing the same. Ups to Sparty.

I'm certainly disappointed that we won't get a shot in the playoffs, but as I've stated many times before, there are few outcomes from here on that could make me anything but ecstatic about this team and this season. History-makers to the last.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get a shot at the Rose Bowl, but wherever we end up, it's another shot at adding to the record book. Go Iowa awesome.

MSUFanatic

Well, there we have it.

I didn't get to see the game, but judging solely by the stats, MSU was bound to win the game at some point or another. It's tough to pull down a W when you lose the turnover, time of possession and rushing yards game. From all accounts, both teams played well defensively, which isn't surprising. Without having seen the actual footage, I can't say whether one team outplayed the other straight up (though it seems like Iowa's offense didn't do itself any favors), so I'll simply have to give MSU credit for doing enough to get the victory, and keeping Iowa from doing the same. Ups to Sparty.

I'm certainly disappointed that we won't get a shot in the playoffs, but as I've stated many times before, there are few outcomes from here on that could make me anything but ecstatic about this team and this season. History-makers to the last.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get a shot at the Rose Bowl, but wherever we end up, it's another shot at adding to the record book. Go Iowa awesome.

Was a great game Hawk - hope you guys get out to Pasadena sir.

Wooly

Well, there we have it.

Do you think Angry Iowa RB Hating God was just toying with you guys all year, only to injure Canzeri in the championship game? Seems like something he would do.

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
Was a great game Hawk - hope you guys get out to Pasadena sir.

Now go out there and make us look good by stomping asses in the playoffs. :laughing:

Do you think Angry Iowa RB Hating God was just toying with you guys all year, only to injure Canzeri in the championship game? Seems like something he would do.

Wouldn't put it past him. Poor guy was like 30 yards from 1000 too. :emo:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
So....
Michigan State - playoff
Ohio State - Rose
Iowa - Fiesta
Michigan - Citrus
Northwestern - Outback
Wisconsin - Holiday
Penn State - Music City
Indiana - Pinstripe

MSUFanatic

I thought this against OSU :dunno:

Unless he loses an arm coaching staff won't pull him and he's clearly about 60-65% which is still better than the backups, but not good enough to win a NC. Missing everything high and no velocity. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks to get healthy.

Last edited:

Wooly

Unless he loses an arm coaching staff won't pull him and he's clearly about 60-60% which is still better than the backups, but not good enough to win a NC. Missing everything high and no velocity. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks to get healthy.

This is their big chance, their best chance since the late 60's. I say MSU goes all in with a bionic arm by New Years.

goblue96

I thought a team needed six wins to be bowl eligible?

eh,

the-big-lebowski-bowling-lane_88535-1600x1200.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Unless he loses an arm coaching staff won't pull him and he's clearly about 60-60% which is still better than the backups, but not good enough to win a NC. Missing everything high and no velocity. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks to get healthy.

After MSU pulled out OSU and Iowa without a healthy Cook, I think I might disagree. The bigger problem might be coming up against a team that actually will exploit their secondary. So, if they can somehow play Alabama, I think they could win that one.

Nobody really knows what injury Cook has, right? So he could be 100% by the playoff, or he could still be at 60%?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Poor Kevin Wilson. No way he survives next year. Jordan Howard just declared for the draft, so they lose him and Sudfeld (i.e. their entire offense). And they don't have a decent QB behind him either.

Skeeter

Uber felon
What's realistic expectations at Indiana? Winning season and a bowl game?

I agree with you he's probably gone but he's done a decent jerb.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think going to a bowl game 2 of 3 years is probably realistic at this point there. I completely agree with you, but he was under pressure this year. It's only going to get worse next year.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I think going to a bowl game 2 of 3 years is probably realistic at this point there. I completely agree with you, but he was under pressure this year. It's only going to get worse next year.
Not realistic to expect that in that division. Especially with the Big Ten going to 9 conference games next year, plus no more FCS games.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not realistic to expect that in that division. Especially with the Big Ten going to 9 conference games next year, plus no more FCS games.

I think most power conference teams should be getting to bowls a majority of the time. 3 out of conference wins, plus you play Rutgers (and Maryland, although they might be getting better). And getting another team from the West should help that record. Eye balling their schedule for next year, an average team should win 7 games.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I think most power conference teams should be getting to bowls a majority of the time. 3 out of conference wins, plus you play Rutgers (and Maryland, although they might be getting better). And getting another team from the West should help that record. Eye balling their schedule for next year, an average team should win 7 games.

Why did you say Rutgers, when Indiana still hasn't beaten Rutgers? And why do you think Indiana winning 7 games is feasible, when they have one 7 win season in the last 22?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Why did you say Rutgers, when Indiana still hasn't beaten Rutgers? And why do you think Indiana winning 7 games is feasible, when they have one 7 win season in the last 22?

You're pretty high and mighty there. Rutgers is shitty and the odds are that they will remain shitty. Ash is a pretty mediocre hire, in my opinion. And, I literally just explained why they could win 7 games. They're never going to challenge the elite teams like Ohio State, but it's not hard to look at the Big Ten and find 6 teams that will suck in the near future (Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Nebraska). And then schools like Northwestern will have up and down years. A decently run program could easily settle into the middle of the pack in that mess.

goblue96

You're pretty high and mighty there. Rutgers is shitty and the odds are that they will remain shitty. Ash is a pretty mediocre hire, in my opinion. And, I literally just explained why they could win 7 games. They're never going to challenge the elite teams like Ohio State, but it's not hard to look at the Big Ten and find 6 teams that will suck in the near future (Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Nebraska). And then schools like Northwestern will have up and down years. A decently run program could easily settle into the middle of the pack in that mess.

And when has Indiana or Rutgers been a "decently run program."

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Poor Kevin Wilson. No way he survives next year. Jordan Howard just declared for the draft, so they lose him and Sudfeld (i.e. their entire offense). And they don't have a decent QB behind him either.

Just signed a 6 year extension.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Damn, that's awesome. Although frightening because playing Indiana is like playing Russian roulette on crystal meth.

Brick

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3 inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough. I said we have guest rooms, and he said ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ He said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’”

He'll make this kid forget all about Sandusky.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c.../michigan-jim-harbaugh-quinn-nordin/78696532/
U-M's Harbaugh planning sleepover at kicker's house
Mark Snyder, Detroit Free Press 5:01 p.m. EST January 12, 2016
Michigan's football coach is trying an unconventional recruiting ploy to get the top kicker in the nation in Ann Arbor

Jim Harbaugh took it personally when Michigan lost special teams coach John Baxter last Thursday to USC. Harbaugh made Baxter's top 2016 recruit, Rockford kicker Quinn Nordin, his top recruit.

For Nordin to become one of his players, Harbaugh plans to show the love personally: By appearing at Nordin's house when the clock turns to Friday, a day after the contact recruiting period begins, "to spend the night at my house," Nordin said.

Yes, a sleepover.

"He'll be there at 12:01 to spend the entire day with me," Nordin said. "I'm the first person he's slept at the house for."

The sleepover plan may be another one of Harbaugh's unconventional ideas, and he intends to spin it through the whole day Friday with Nordin.

"We're going to wake up in the morning and, if my parents say go to school, we're going to go to school, and Coach Harbaugh will be in every single class with me, sitting right next me and I'll be doing my schoolwork," Nordin said. "If not, he's going to eat breakfast with me and my family at the house and we're going to go to Ann Arbor. He's going to personally drive us to Ann Arbor. It should be pretty fun."

Nordin became Harbaugh's personal recruit as soon as Baxter left. After it was official, Nordin was in school when Harbaugh broke the news.

"I'm going to be the only one recruiting you now," Harbaugh told him.

"Ever since then, me and him are making a really good relationship," Nordin said, adding that they've probably spoken 20 times since then, with Nordin initiating the calls. "He's an awesome guy. He's very serious about what he does and he gets the best out of each and every one of his players."

Since his commitment to Penn State last summer, which created national buzz when he made a video involving a private plane, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Nordin has continued to talk to other schools, noting he has yet to sign anything official.

He "FaceTimed" the Penn State staff Monday night and will have Baylor at his house for an in-home visit Thursday, the first official day of contact before Harbaugh arrives at Friday's witching hour.

"It's crunch time, this is very serious stuff and the coaches realize that, they're coming to play and bringing their all," Nordin said.

Ranked No. 1 nationally by Rivals.com, Nordin is a prime target for many schools, but playing immediately is not a requirement.

U-M has kicker Kenny Allen returning, so Nordin knows he would have to battle Allen for those duties, but the punter position is wide open after Blake O'Neill's departure. Nordin punted 10 times for a 52.9 yard average this past season for Rockford and kicked 2 of 3 field goals during the season, plus 11-of-13 extra points.

"I'd do whatever coach (Harbaugh) wants me to do and right now whatever they tell me I'm going to do is what I'm going to do," Nordin said.

His off-season plan is to use his February break to visit former U-M kicker Brandon Kornblue, who runs his Kornblue Kicking school for kickers and punters out of south Florida.

Wooly

"Nordin punted 10 times for a 52.9 yard average this past season for Rockford and kicked 2 of 3 field goals during the season, plus 11-of-13 extra points."

Weird that he doesn't kick much. I can understand not getting a lot of FG attempts if your team just scores a lot, but then you should have a lot more than 13 XP attempts too. Why is he ranked #1 for kickers?

No kicker is worth spending the night with, except Sebastian Janikowski. At least with him you night was going to be a party.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, I'm sure his high school stats are the only reason he's the number one kicker in the class.