• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Lightningwar

Administrator
Sounds like the AD, who came from NIU, intends to hire Rod Carey. What a dumbass move.

That is typical. ADs hire their guys when possible. A 5-7 season is the perfect excuse.

Funny thing, Rod Carey was the offensive line coach at my high school when I played there. He moved to the U of MN when we graduated. It was funny when watching the Noles play NIU in the Orange Bowl they brought his picture up. I had to do a double take. No idea he moved that far up the ladder.

Renegade

Charge on!
Reminds me of Southern Miss firing Jeff Bower. An alumnus who was plenty successful so they could hire the next big thing. Given how Doeren is doing at NCSU, not sure I'd feel too strongly that Carey is going to knock it out of the park at ECU. Made more sense to me if they had a deal with Schiano or someone of similar stature.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Doeren looks just as vanilla as Tom O'Brien so far. Better recruiter, but that's about it.

Bdub

Would love to see the BYU meltdown when Whittingham roles out his patented worse offense in the country.

atlbraves

You can do better.

Yeah I wasn't sure that he was ready to make the jump to a big time program, but I like him better than DickRod and Schiano for sure. I'm a little bit higher on Muschamp than most people around here, but not by much. He'd need to make a home run hire for OC.

My dream situation is that all the other jobs fill up and Chip Kelly gets fired and goes back to college, at SoCar.

ezgif-1890560949.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah I wasn't sure that he was ready to make the jump to a big time program, but I like him better than DickRod and Schiano for sure. I'm a little bit higher on Muschamp than most people around here, but not by much. He'd need to make a home run hire for OC.

My dream situation is that all the other jobs fill up and Chip Kelly gets fired and goes back to college, at SoCar.

ezgif-1890560949.gif

You guys should hire Jeff Brohm.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What a clown.

Wonder if BYU will show any interest in Leach. I don't want to be a BYU fan...

Apparently USCe interviewed Willie Taggart for the HC job today.:thinking: @Roll Fizzlebeef (aka USF) any scoop on Taggart? My initial feeling is that he would be a good hire

You can have him.

About 2 months ago he was basically dead man walking, running some dogshit smash mouth offense that wasn't working, a 6-18 record going into the season and a 1-3 start to the season. Then magically they finally open up the offense, defense doesn't have to be on the field 40 minutes a game, fairly easy schedule, and they finish the season 7-1 and actually do play some good ball. What changed was both coordinators, which seemed to be the AD's hires, and Taggart finally seeming to acquiesce the play calling on O to someone else. Basically he got out of his own way long enough to save his job. He's a decent recruiter, but we're mostly talking in relation to the rest of the AAC, he can find 3* Florida guys all day.

I can't imagine a fairly successful SEC school would want a guy who's gone 14-22 in a lower tier conference, but if they want him, they can have him.

Renegade

Charge on!
BYU is going nowhere fast. No conference championship to play for, ineligible for the access bowl, shitty bowl tie-ins, the Holy War has a cease fire. Basically unless they go undefeated and make the playoff, their best outcome is a bowl game in a baseball stadium. The program is going to wither if they don't rejoin a conference and have something to play for.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
BYU is going nowhere fast. No conference championship to play for, ineligible for the access bowl, shitty bowl tie-ins, the Holy War has a cease fire. Basically unless they go undefeated and make the playoff, their best outcome is a bowl game in a baseball stadium. The program is going to wither if they don't rejoin a conference and have something to play for.

Yeah, but I think the big issue is that since Utah is in the Pac-12, they don't want to be perceived as being a step below them by being in the Mountain West, especially since little brother USU is in the MWC too.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yeah, but I think the big issue is that since Utah is in the Pac-12, they don't want to be perceived as being a step below them by being in the Mountain West, especially since little brother USU is in the MWC too.

Big XII minus II?

Iron

Ruffin getting canned from ECU is a really dumb move. They almost made a bowl after losing their starting QB like a day before the season to season-long injury and he beat 7 ACC teams in the past 4 years or something.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Only bad loss was UConn on the road. Maybe you could argue the Navy loss, but Navy was great this year. Otherwise, they lost by 7 to 10-2 Florida on the road, 9-3 BYU by 7 on the road, 10-2 Temple by 10, 8-4 USF by 5, and 7-5 Cincy by 3.

All 7 of their losses were to bowl teams.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Ruffin getting canned from ECU is a really dumb move. They almost made a bowl after losing their starting QB like a day before the season to season-long injury and he beat 7 ACC teams in the past 4 years or something.
How much of his success was Lincoln Riley though? McNeill has a defensive background and his defenses were pretty bad. Maybe the powers that be didn't think he could bring in another hot shot OC.

I actually thought they fired McNeill to bring Riley back as HC at first.

Bdub

BYU won't hire leach because they only hire LDS coaches. Got to think they look at Sitake, the Navy coach or their OC Anay. Outside chance the D Cordinator at Stanford.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
BYU won't hire leach because they only hire LDS coaches. Got to think they look at Sitake, the Navy coach or their OC Anay. Outside chance the D Cordinator at Stanford.

Leach is a BYU alum. But I don't think he fits their image lol.