• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Pac-12 Thread

PSUEagle

I'm really interested in seeing how this Cal-UCLA game plays out. Mora's outfits tend to do better against finesse teams, but at the same time it's hard not to see Cal having their way with Tom Bradley's vanilla defense. Obviously Dykes' teams don't play a lick of defense, so Perkins and Rosen should have their way.

Could be a lot of points.

Bdub

I thought Cal actually played really good defense against Utah. They gave up a lot of yards on the ground, but they are night and day better than last year. That being said I think UCLA will beat them, Cal is still a few years away from winning the North.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I don't know about UCLA's psyche. They could really tank.

Nah - they'll rebound nicely and finish strong.

UCLA's historical pattern is, they come out of the gates firing, likely a side benefit of the fact that, for the first three or four weeks of the season, the kids aren't even in school yet. Then, they start having to attend classes and their performance level tends to drop off a bit. Then, once they adjust to juggling practices, classes, and gay buttsecks in the locker room, they play fairly well down the stretch.

Bdub

And since USC doesn't require their players to actually attend class they suck all season.

bruin

well UCLA's best OL is questionable with a sprained knee. Need McDermott bad.

Thursday is the season for the Bruins.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I am surprised Cooks arent higher. All of his long runs had him take contact near the line of scrimmage. Because rarely does his line actually open holes for him.

Bdub

Will be cheering for Stanford because the pac needs someone to make it through with only one loss and they are the only team capable of doing it.

Brick

Stanford is not running the table. Defense isn't good enough. They have four tough games left. Five if they make the Pac title game.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Hopefully, Wazzu doesn't implode like they did after last year's missed FG fiasco. They look more resilient this year though and should be heading into the Apple Cup at 7-4 against a constantly improving UDub team.

UCLA goes to Corvallis next week, lawd. They should obliterate them because OSU is awful but that's one of the worst places to go play if you are a favorite.

Cal is trying really hard not to make a bowl.

Zona is terrible.

Dexil

how in the world is arizona so bad on defense? shit, how are they so bad on offense. No really, is it because of injuries? I can't imagine scooby right or whatever the fuck that dinosaur or dog or whatever he is could make that much of a difference, because they got taken to the woodshed by a super average UW offense.

Also Rich Rod keep on Rich Rodding, dude is such a clown on the sideline

Last edited:

fonzilla

how in the world is arizona so bad on defense? shit, how are they so bad on offense. No really, is it because of injuries? I can't imagine scooby right or whatever the fuck that dinosaur or dog or whatever he is could make that much of a difference, because they got taken to the woodshed by a super average UW offense.

Also Rich Rod keep on Rich Rodding, dude is such a clown on the sideline
Did you see Brian "Reface" Kelly tonight?

Dexil

Washington's defense is damn fantastic. Will be interesting to see Browning in year two.

washington returns like everything on defense next year, too, so thats pretty exciting. Browning im mixed on, you can tell he's not a fucking idiot like most quarterbacks inevitably are, but he also throws a lot of insane balls that make you wonder if he's legally blind. has way too much confidence in his arm, but I guess for a true freshman I'll take his season this year over what we'd have gotten from Jeff Lindquist aka 'mr. lets give him 10 random fucking wildcat carries a game'.

Depending on how they finish the year (make a bowl or not), they're probably going to be media darlings next year. they return basically everything on defense, get Ross back on offense and browning in his second year plus gaskin, but that just makes me more leery

bruin

CS2a3QkXAAA2tX2.jpg:large

Brick

quote from oregon dc don pellum @PSUEagle

PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH:
“What I recall from the Stanford offense in the past, you’re going to get some quarterback nakeds (bootleg runs) and some quarterback read-powers,” UO defensive coordinator Don Pellum said. “They’ve always done that. I don’t know if there’s more this year of those types of plays; I know there’s bigger yardage on those plays.”
maybe tape, maybe?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Not surprised by that one, I pegged that as a loss before the season. 13 penalties. Good thing penalties don't matter doe. Refs were shit, but what do you expect. We should be beating Wazzu easily at home at this point.

Time to go get obliterated by Utah and then hopefully beat SC

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
What a stinking, awful mess this conference is. A conference champ possibly having 2 conference losses. The Rose Bowl should not extend an invitation at this point. Invite whoever finishes #5 on the season instead.

Bdub

Utah is going to get ran over by UCLA next week. Starting walk on's in the secondary and 3 D lineman out. Honestly don't think they can stop UCLA.

Brick

booker update: holding off gaskin and perkins for 3rd team pac-12 RB. nice 250 yard lead.

Capture.PNG