• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Season Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
Finals will start tomorrow if people are able to export. Offseason likely starts Friday.

Going to start Games 3&4 within the next 10 mins. Then do my Skype talk with @bruin228. Then can probably do more.

Reactions: doh

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Kitamura has four losses in 9 playoff games over the last three years. Absolute dumpster fire.

doh

Was excited for Naz v Naka. Didn't disappoint. The bullpens both blew up.
Naka was OK I think he ended up giving up 4 runs. He did K 9 or 10. Naz was better.

You guys have 10 HRs in 3 games. Regular season I gave up 163 in 162 which was the best in Varsity... my staff is built to not give up HRs so if i do, I'm in serious trouble.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Naka was OK I think he ended up giving up 4 runs. He did K 9 or 10. Naz was better.

You guys have 10 HRs in 3 games. Regular season I gave up 163 in 162 which was the best in Varsity... my staff is built to not give up HRs so if i do, I'm in serious trouble.
Through 6 they both pitched very well considering our offenses. I think Naka gave up a couple in the 7th and so did my pen.

My team is designed to have SP good enough not to blow the game in the first 6 (basically don't give up more than 5) and hand it off to my pen. Pen has been a little shaky to say the least considering the season they had.

Lloyd Carr

I definitely think there are some coding flaws in OOTP 16.

I know there is "chance" or "random" generation in the game, but just based on how the league has played out since we upgraded to 16, I think that aspect has been multiplied exponentially in comparison to past seasons/versions of the game.

doh

How so? I think the playoffs have been very fair this league. 1-4 the NL and SL were both basically a crap shoot.

Gooksta

I know there is "chance" or "random" generation in the game, but just based on how the league has played out since we upgraded to 16, I think that aspect has been multiplied exponentially in comparison to past seasons/versions of the game.
I don't think you are giving teams enough credit

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

wat

doh

Awful performance by my pitching... hitters did enough. I think they ended up with about 5-6 runs/game. Pitchers just weren't good. Helsingborg's lineup was too stacked... Juarez batting 8th is obscene.

Didn't do enough at the deadline too this year. Tried to just tweak instead of make a major move. Also probably need to re-tool the back end of my bullpen. Hopefully Kitamura doesn't take the extension I offered because I'm sick of his garbage. Think I need a better defense too.

Lloyd Carr

How so? I think the playoffs have been very fair this league. 1-4 the NL and SL were both basically a crap shoot.

gave up least homeruns all season---> give up most homeruns in the playoffs.

Helsingborg running a pretty similar team to last year---> win almost 30 more games this year and sweep both playoff series thus far.

Key West winning 90+ games last year.

North Dakota making the playoffs and a having good chance at the ship.

Just off the top of my head. Those things are "chance" and dont really match with how you would realistically expect things to play out.

Also, the evidence from how @Wolfman21 's offline season went pre and post his restart.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Honestly that series was really close. Neither team was out of any of the games. Lots of runs scored and lots of them scored late. Your pitchers have shut out Borg plenty of times to my dismay. Things finally evened out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Helsingborg running a pretty similar team to last year---> win almost 30 more games this year and sweep both playoff series thus far.

Just off the top of my head. Those things are "chance" and dont really match with how you would realistically expect things to play out.

Also, the evidence from how @Wolfman21 's offline season went pre and post his restart.
This is all within the realm of possibility to me.

Borg hit the most HRs all season.

Teams have bad years now and then.

Teams play above their heads now and then.

doh

I'll say this... I posted about if before but I upgraded my defense and my BABIP/DE all got dramatically worse. I also had Sauce go from the best player in the league last year when healthy to a good RF. 2B Gomez went from a budding superstar to very average. Sauce/Gomez had injuries (including gomez with a 8-9 week 'undisclosed injury').

Maybe that's more realistic to have more variance from year to year.

I don't think the playoffs though have been anything that crazy. NL was completely even 1-4. SL was when Kabul got a bunch of injuries.

osick87

Community Liaison

For this you get a :thumbsup:

Gooksta

My team pitched well last yr. And played pretty good defense. Offensively we probably over performed

Lloyd Carr

This is all within the realm of possibility to me.

Borg hit the most HRs all season.

Teams have bad years now and then.

Teams play above their heads now and then.

Except in every past version of the game (that Ive played), the seasons played out relatively in line with what you would expect (based on ratings, stars, stats, etc...).

There was always variance, but not to the level Ive seen in 16.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll say this... I posted about if before but I upgraded my defense and my BABIP/DE all got dramatically worse. I also had Sauce go from the best player in the league last year when healthy to a good RF. 2B Gomez went from a budding superstar to very average. Sauce/Gomez had injuries (including gomez with a 8-9 week 'undisclosed injury').

Maybe that's more realistic to have more variance from year to year.
This is all SSS. Like all of it

Sauce's half season doesn't mean he is the best player in the league. Gomez's season this year doesn't make him a bust. As far as your defense, ratings don't always equal production.

doh

This is all SSS. Like all of it

Sauce's half season doesn't mean he is the best player in the league. Gomez's season this year doesn't make him a bust. As far as your defense, ratings don't always equal production.
Yeah Sauce was playing out of his mind but he went from a top 5 player in the NL to a solid player.

Gomez had a strange year I don't know if it could be related to the "undisclosed injury" or not. But going from 304/355/568 (5.9 WAR) to 252/316/436 (1.7) from your age 21 to 22 years is strange. I've never seen someone do that.

jdlikewhoa

Yeah Sauce was playing out of his mind but he went from a top 5 player in the NL to a solid player.

Gomez had a strange year I don't know if it could be related to the "undisclosed injury" or not. But going from 304/355/568 (5.9 WAR) to 252/316/436 (1.7) from your age 21 to 22 years is strange. I've never seen someone do that.
Sounds like it's all downhill for this sauce character. Trade him to me

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Except in every past version of the game (that Ive played), the seasons played out relatively in line with what you would expect (based on ratings, stars, stats, etc...).

There was always variance, but not to the level Ive seen in 16.
They really didn't.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Was this his second year? I see a lot of struggling the second year if they have great first years and vice versa.

Also, I think sauce is a good player, but hard to say how good. Hopefully his injury didn't cause long term damage.

Gooksta

Rivera isn't a true closer. He doesn't get enough strikeouts. Will need to find a real closer going forward