• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

Herrb

Yea what is Jordan's mental health like?? Never seen him in an interview or anything. Just dunking and whatnot

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I understand if dude wants to switch... it's a giant bitch move for lots of reasons including the Mavs can't do anything cap wise because of it but he can do whatever he wants. But to not even call Cuban/Mavs? What a jackass.

He was already my least favorite player in the NBA and this cements it. The ultimate zero skill/all athlete player. No ability to pass, shoot or dribble.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Why does everyone want this motherfucjer that can't hit a fucking free throw and only dunk and block shots and shit but the whole rest if everybody ekse like omg stretch 4 new NBA big men don't matter no more let me jack off to shooting 800 3 pointers a gavebt phil Jackson made dumb tweets haha he gor shown.

Bucksin04

CJcTZ2HUwAAPosF.png:large

Heisman06

Miami signs Gerald Green to a 1-year deal. Kinda surprising because I figured he'd get more money than the Heat had to offer.

I know this is his 8th team in 8 seasons but I really like him. Solid backup and possible spot-starter. He has warts but his athleticism is through the roof. He was also reely good with Dragic in Phoenix.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Miami signs Gerald Green to a 1-year deal. Kinda surprising because I figured he'd get more money than the Heat had to offer.

I know this is his 8th team in 8 seasons but I really like him. Solid backup and possible spot-starter. He has warts but his athleticism is through the roof. He was also reely good with Dragic in Phoenix.

What is waids gonna do?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Salary floor escalates to $63 million. How the fuck are the Sixers going to get to the floor?!?!?!?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why does everyone want this motherfucjer that can't hit a fucking free throw and only dunk and block shots and shit but the whole rest if everybody ekse like omg stretch 4 new NBA big men don't matter no more let me jack off to shooting 800 3 pointers a gavebt phil Jackson made dumb tweets haha he gor shown.
I wouldnt pay him, but just because he has no skill doesnt mean he has no value. A guy who can grab 20 boards 10 times a season and average 11 (just making things up, on phone) plus his defense changes the way guards drive.

He's like a 10x better Tyson Chandler. He's not a max player to me but he has a lot of value to a team. The issue with the clips signing him is they dont have much money to fill out the rest. They gon be average forever because no vets seeking rings wanna play with those three when they can go hang out with bron bron

PSUEagle

League year ends on June 30. League accountants spend the moratorium closing the books on the year which are then used, in part, to set the official salary cap number for the following season. So it's a necessary evil in that without it, teams wouldn't know how much money they actually have to spend when they become allowed to sign free agents. All the agreements made thus far are subject to change slightly based on what the league announces today or tomorrow.

Thanks for this post: cleared up my understanding a little bit.

Actually, going by that timeline the NBA's quicker than the NFL during the window between the combine (when deals actually get done) and the official moratorium (when deals allegedly go down).

evil1

I have no problem with DeAndre Jordan changing his mind. The contract is not official until it is signed on the dotted line. I even think the whole twitter things was pretty funny and shows that some of these people have a good sense of humor. But not to give Cuban a call and let him know personally what was going on is kind of classless.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I have no problem with DeAndre Jordan changing his mind. The contract is not official until it is signed on the dotted line. I even think the whole twitter things was pretty funny and shows that some of these people have a good sense of humor. But not to give Cuban a call and let him know personally what was going on is kind of classless.

Not kind of, it is extremely childish. Just call the man, tell him you've decided it's best for you to stay and let him say his piece.

NML

Are y'all stupid with this DeAndre shit? I'm not saying he's a complete player, but dude averaged 15 boards and is probably the best interior defender in the league. And he's got zero skill? He just plays his role perfectly on the team.

OH MAH GAWD HE CANT HIT A JUMPER DOE! Who the fuck cares, he doesn't need to.

Build a team full of Jimmer Fredette's if you want fundamentals and let me know how that works out for you.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Finally I don't have to argue with leach. Rebounds don't win games, silky long twos do

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Fuck the Clippers too. I think the Lakers deserve to be terrible for an indeterminate amount of time but I'm totally cool with the Clippers floundering their opportunity to get a title while the Lakers are dormant. Jack Nicholson >>>> Billy Cristal

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Are y'all stupid with this DeAndre shit? I'm not saying he's a complete player, but dude averaged 15 boards and is probably the best interior defender in the league. And he's got zero skill? He just plays his role perfectly on the team.

OH MAH GAWD HE CANT HIT A JUMPER DOE! Who the fuck cares, he doesn't need to.

Build a team full of Jimmer Fredette's if you want fundamentals and let me know how that works out for you.

he is good at what he does

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
It pisses me off when MJ makes comments like "Oh I could still beat everybody on this Hornets team one on one, I just don't want to wreck their confidence". Alright fuckface, you know what would be really impressive? If you actually attempted to field a team that could beat your lame duck ass

evil1

We will. Right after we spend a few weeks talking about who looks good in summer league and after we set up the 2015/2016 NBA Thread.

Until then, see my emojis and despair:
:trollface: