• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Kkklipz interested in durant for 2016 and the feeling is mutual

I think i saw it on the madden ticker, so it must be factual

Would like to hack madden ticker

Shefty reports the Lizard People own the Federal Reserve

sayo

YEET
Durant is going to DC if they don't win the title. Russ going to be a Laker. Next off-season, damn near everyone is going to be able to afford a max player.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Durant is going to DC if they don't win the title. Russ going to be a Laker. Next off-season, damn near everyone is going to be able to afford a max player.
Or they'll get rid of the max contract and we will really see what these dudes are worth.

Bucksin04

CJT4VUAWIAEpyGz.jpg

Heisman06

They're obviously the favorites but I don't think it's just the Thunder and the Wizards competiting for KD next summer. He'll give a serious look at LA, Miami, etc.

NML

David Lee to NML

Seems like a good deal for both sides. GS gets to stretch a cheaper contract so they avoid luxury tax, and they do right by Lee. And anything the Celtics get out of Lee will be more than Wallace.

Just depends on his health, though the C's do have depth so he should have a better shot at staying on the court.

evil1

I view the David Lee trade as more or less being the same as the Roy Hibbert trade - OK but nothing special. Both players are in the last year of their contract, so both teams can get rid of them after this year with no repercussions. Salary cap space doesn't roll over, so there is no team benefit in not spending up to the cap. Both players are likely an upgrade at their position with a small possibility that the change in scenery could help them regain their former productivity.

At worst, these trades represent a cheap flyer on a player who might surprise them. Plus, both teams could use their expiring contracts as trade chips around mid-season.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Seems like a good deal for both sides. GS gets to stretch a cheaper contract so they avoid luxury tax, and they do right by Lee. And anything the Celtics get out of Lee will be more than Wallace.

Just depends on his health, though the C's do have depth so he should have a better shot at staying on the court.
Yeah it's a perfect deal for both teams. Read too that the Celts wanted to stay above the cap to keep their trade exceptions. I think they save $30m or something in salary/lux tax.

I think Lee can still be a very good NBA player. Maybe barely playing last year helped heal his body. He's just 32 so hopefully he can put together a decent year. If he's good, I'm sure they'll be able to flip him for something.

PSUEagle

So we all agree that the NBA's seven day free agency moratorium is dumb, right?

Danny Ainge is doing cartwheels if Deandre backs out.

evil1

As an owner, Mark Cuban can't comment on pending free agents until July 9th. He has already been fined once this offseason.

Bucksin04

So we all agree that the NBA's seven day free agency moratorium is dumb, right?

Danny Ainge is doing cartwheels if Deandre backs out.

League year ends on June 30. League accountants spend the moratorium closing the books on the year which are then used, in part, to set the official salary cap number for the following season. So it's a necessary evil in that without it, teams wouldn't know how much money they actually have to spend when they become allowed to sign free agents. All the agreements made thus far are subject to change slightly based on what the league announces today or tomorrow.

evil1

I think most people expect the salary cap to be raised about 2 million more than what was expected.

zoltan

DJ's brother went to school with me at Gram so i had to call him up and tell him to tell DJ that i really want him to stay in LA and now he's having second thoughts. True story.

sayo

YEET
What is going on
Deandre is staying in LA after meeting with the Clippers today. Now they're all locked in his home and not letting anyone talk to him. He isn't answering Cuban's calls. Lots of dumb emojii tweets all day.

Clippers gon Clip

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Had no idea why blake had a door barricaded or why they used those emojis. Much funnier now. That is insane but it makes sense with it being Balmer there

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm going to need a 30 for 30 as well, I mean I just don't quite understand how they are keeping people out. Obviously his agents and Cuban aren't going to break in, but that is unreal. DeAndre is a bitchmaid for sure. Need a reality TV crew following Cuban right now. It's better for him in the end anyway I think

PSUEagle

I think Dallas is still locked into that deal they gave Wes Matthews: no way would they have signed him if Deandre spurned them.

Boston is thrilled because they own Dallas' pick as long as it falls outside the Top 7: excellent chance that pick is now in the 9-14 range.