• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

dirt

Trolltalitarian
You have to be a certified #kellamong to drank that much. Or @ least be packfan.

people blow my mind with their attraction to getting completely wrecked... wtf is the point to that?

mcnoles

Clayton Kershaw friends.

B2SCgqlCcAA7y1P.jpg:large

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
The Spanish version of the AP story contains a much longer quote from the spokesperson, who says that the toxicology report found that Taveras's blood-alcohol level was .287. The legal limit in the Dominican Republic is .05, so Taveras was driving with nearly six times the legal amount of alcohol in him.

osick87

Community Liaison
I hit an unofficial .27 once and thought i was never going to wake up, couldnt imagine hitting 40

I don't know how accurate the online BACs are but the time I drank 6 pints and 12 shots, it said I was .4 or something in that range. Fun Night

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

I don't know how accurate the online BACs are but the time I drank 6 pints and 12 shots, it said I was .4 or something in that range. Fun Night
I've only ever seen a .4 in lifelong alcoholics. If you're still conscious at a .4, then your resting BAC with no drinks in you is near the legal limit

osick87

Community Liaison
I've only ever seen a .4 in lifelong alcoholics. If you're still conscious at a .4, then your resting BAC with no drinks in you is near the legal limit

Oh I'm sure I wasn't that high. I'm assuming the website took shots as 40% when most of them were probably closer to 15. That said, I was high school drunk.

osick87

Community Liaison
ITT old men yell at clouds and new math.

Trout is the best All around player and his worst season is still a better total package season than Miggy's triple crown win according to WAR. Mostly because Miggy can't run and play defence.

R2D2

cole hamels is as good as gone. just hope ruben gets some quality prospects out of the trade instead of 37 yo veterans

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ITT old men yell at clouds and new math.

Trout is the best All around player and his worst season is still a better total package season than Miggy's triple crown win according to WAR. Mostly because Miggy can't run and play defence.

6*8=48 because it just does.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hike

güero
Don't think there is much to complain about. Dodgers were 21-4 when he pitched, only 3 games over .500 when anyone else started.

I think this is one of those years where if Stanton had won people would have shrugged and gone along with it. Both had good seasons. Too bad Giancarlo took that pitch off the face though.

mcnoles

Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins.
Last night it was believed to be 10 years and $300 million. This morning it was said to be 12 years and $320 million. And now both Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com and Jon Heyman of CBSSports.comreport that Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins are close to signing a 13-year, $325 million contract.
Stanton’s new deal would break the previous record for the largest contract in MLB history, which isMiguel Cabrera and the Tigers at $292 million for 10 years.
Stanton still has two seasons of team control remaining via arbitration, so assuming this 13-year contract covers those two seasons and 11 seasons of free agency he’d be locked up through age 37 in 2027.
Stanton, who turned 25 years old earlier this month, finished runner-up in the NL MVP voting after hitting .288 with 37 homers and a .950 OPS in 142 games for the Marlins this season. He’s a career .271 hitter with a .903 OPS in 634 games, but the Marlins failed to finish with a winning record in any of his first five seasons and have not made the playoffs since 2003.

Giancarlo Stanton

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Don't think there is much to complain about. Dodgers were 21-4 when he pitched, only 3 games over .500 when anyone else started.

I think this is one of those years where if Stanton had won people would have shrugged and gone along with it. Both had good seasons. Too bad Giancarlo took that pitch off the face though.
People always seem to flip out when a pitcher wins.

Bdub

Braves are in rebuild mode. Heyward won't be the last big name to leave Atlanta this winter.