• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can't believe Bochy keeps throwing Hunter Strickland. Maybe one game he won't give up a HR.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm no barves fan but I miss their games on TBS. Joe Simpson is one of the best color guys out there and they used to do highlighs in-game of other games (only place that used to do that). The biggest reason there are barves fans everywhere. I guess we get House of Pain on now instead.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I am sure the SuperStation thing helped the Braves growth just like it did with the Cubs. Growing up in the 80's in rural Wisconsin, we had 5 channels on those big fucking satellite dishes, CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN and TBS. I couldn't even watch the Brewers games, but the Cubs and Braves were always on.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ehk91aqkncjf6gwg7ohk.png

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Cannot put this into words. Unfuckingbelievable. Three months ago I was pissed at being Yosted, but I always believed in this bunch, in an odd manner. Memories of the 100 plus loss seasons all were put to bed. The crazy 7-3 rally in the wild card game with Oakland, staying at b dubs to watch that entire game. I believed that night the Royals could come back. And they did. Then to sweep the Angels and Orioles in seven straight. Ho Lee Shit. Fucking pinch me. Just so emotional right now. I am so damn happy that I shared my fandom with my wife - she's probably more a fan than I am - and now we both will get to pay witness to our beloved Royals playing for a world championship.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Randy Chode just looks awful. That delivery is pure shit. No wonder he threw the game away yesterday.

tab10

Cardinals are channeling their inner 2006 Detroit Tigers. Wooffff!!! Bullpen has been atrocious. Absolutely deserve to lose the series.

Renegade

Charge on!
I'm very happy with how this is playing out. Been pulling for the Royals the entire time, love their team, and though I was young, I remember the excitement of 1991 when the Braves finally made it and see the same thing in KC. Hopefully the WS turns out better for the Royals. But I'm also happy to see the Giants likely to make it again, mostly for Tim Hudson. He was a great and very underappreciated guy in Atlanta for 10 years, and if the Giants win, I'll be glad he finally gets the ring he deserves.

Renegade

Charge on!
Well I'm starting to feel a little better about the Braves front office. They've brought back two of their best scouts that had left and brought in another top scout from the Yankees. Hopefully these guys will start getting the farm system turned around and start making some smart moves.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I love baseball stats. Royals have won 8 in a row in the postseason, which is a new record apparently.

EXCEPT the 2007 Rockies won a tiebreaker game and then 7 straight. Isn't that really the same thing?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
That clown joe buck had a great, original call tonight. "The Giants win the pennant."

Fuck that guy. Just surprised he didn't work in an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady reference

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Does anyone actually like Joe Buck? I'm not sure I've talked to anyone that actually enjoys him as a play by play guy.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
That's the one bad about watching anything on Fox...Joe bigass forehead Buck. Thank god for the mute button and the MLB app, I will get my dosage of Either KC or SF radio guys.

Bring it, Giants. And remember the last time we played in July.....we swept your asses.

and we can do it again.

anticipate a super series with these guys.

Bruce Wayne

Well damn. I think the Cardinals overachieved to get to the NLCS, so I'm happy.

go Royals!

as for the Fox thing. Joe Buck sucks and Harold Rynolds is intolerable. The bow tie guy is just a waste. I'd rather listen to two drunk local fans than any of the national TV play by play teams.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Plenty of ppl on teh twitters saying joe buck got the call right & that he's the best ever. Suck my piss

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think that call would have been fine if Buck hadn't been ripping off classic calls like that for years. How many times has he used the "we'll see you tomorrow night" call?