• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

bruin

giphy.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
As long as the Broncos can't get Cousins I'm happy

I didn't mean to give the impression I think Alex Smith is horrible but he's not capable of overcoming the bad institutional juju that comes with CHEEFS or SKIEEENSS territory to win big. Different story with Denver, I would've actually been a little scurred if they got him.

Skins doubled down on questionable decision making by extending a QB not likely to ever have a season like he had this past year until he's 39. That's lol worthy.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

As long as the Broncos can't get Cousins I'm happy

I didn't mean to give the impression I think Alex Smith is horrible but he's not capable of overcoming the bad institutional juju that comes with CHEEFS or SKIEEENSS territory to win big. Different story with Denver, I would've actually been a little scurred if they got him.

Skins doubled down on questionable decision making by extending a QB not likely to ever have a season like he had this past year until he's 39. That's lol worthy.

the contract is only guaranteed in the event of career ending injury i've heard. So, maybe not so bad

bruin

This is partially true. Look at the ways KC have lost playoff games since Montana. It's like a John Carpenter film.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I'm starting the Alex Smith bet instead of the Tebow bet and I will never lose again! Please show me one of these idiot rookies who will best the following marks:

Career Winning Percentage = 0.583
7 winning seasons as a starter
5 playoff appearances
2 playoff wins
TD:INT Ratio = 2.0

If I told the 2013 version of @bruin that Alex smith would put up a 50-26 record, lead them to the playoffs in 4/5 seasons, along with leading the league in passer rating, interception rate, and YARDS PER ATTEMPT(adjusted), and even put up elite passing stats IN THE PLAYOFFS... do you think 2013 bruin would believe that this version of the sim 2018 bruin would be glad he's leaving and dismiss all of that and say "yeah, but is he really even a top half of the league QB?" and "he orchestrated two of the biggest collapses in playoff history." I guess he should have strapped his helmet on and played defense too?

I think ya'll drastically overestimate what "average" QB play in the NFL is if you think Alex Smith is "average."

no lie, the Bortles bet was easily one of my fav things here. I was kinda happy and sad it came to an end

Happy that NML team almost beat NE

but sad that you can no longer herald Teebow as the savior of the nashnul

Wolfman21

ok. Lamar jackson is not a good QB. Hes RG3 2.0 except RG3 was a more complete passer. He'll never make it in the league as a QB

Darnold will be better than rosen IMO. He played in more of a pro style offense at USC so he will be more prepared.

happy?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
ok. Lamar jackson is not a good QB. Hes RG3 2.0 except RG3 was a more complete passer. He'll never make it in the league as a QB

Darnold will be better than rosen IMO. He played in more of a pro style offense at USC so he will be more prepared.

happy?

So, you're saying that you don't have thoughts that you can back up?

-YTC

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

happy?

This proves you have no idea what you’re talking about lmao

This take is unbelievably bad

Brick

here are the definitive qb anlaytsisz

josh rosen: best case stafford worst case cutler
sam darnold: GARBAGE he shook
josh allen: guaranteed bust
lamar jackson: only won't be good if he's misused, which is likely
baker mayfield: will be snorting crack at 30 after head injury, who cares
FALK: lol
mason rudolph: solid starter
tanner lee: go fuck yourself
riley ferguson: u kidding me?

NML

Can CHOSEN drop to 29th?

Whoever drops of Jackson, Baker, and Randolph in the second sounds okay too

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mason Rudolph? Nah, b. Put him in the "killed by NASHNUL" category with all the other good college QBs who are simply ahead of their time.

Wolfman21

This proves you have no idea what you’re talking about lmao

This take is unbelievably bad

explain? I've watched lamar jackson for 3 years. Hes terribad. He gets by on athleticism alone in college which won't happen in pros. Hes not mike vick. Hes built like RG3. If he runs like RG3, he'll be out of the league in 3 years like RG3.

The Rosen/Darnold debate can be had. I'd prefer darnold. Most will prefer Rosen. Darnold has more tools and if selected by the right team, could be realllllly damn good.

Reel

Community Liaison
explain? I've watched lamar jackson for 3 years. Hes terribad. He gets by on athleticism alone in college which won't happen in pros. Hes not mike vick. Hes built like RG3. If he runs like RG3, he'll be out of the league in 3 years like RG3.

The Rosen/Darnold debate can be had. I'd prefer darnold. Most will prefer Rosen. Darnold has more tools and if selected by the right team, could be realllllly damn good.

this is my contribution based on my limited RG3 experience

BUT, werent there 3 important factors as to why his legs went to shit?

1) poor/bad OL

2) piss poor field

3) didnt learn how to properly slide?

this is a serious question, but i'll understand if you choose to not answer

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

1) poor/bad OL

2) piss poor field

Dude just called Lamar Jackson "terribad". I think we can write off any opinions he has regarding what he sees on the football field.

-YTC

Wolfman21

1) poor/bad OL

2) piss poor field

OL wasn't bad. Dude got his knee torn up on a haloti ngata hit in his rookie year and then re-injured it against Seattle still trying to scramble around. You can't scramble in the NFL unless you're just so much more athletic than everyone else like mike vick was or a damn beast like Cam is. Even still, Cam is getting his block knocked off consistently and hes 6'5 250. The field really didn't have much to do with it. It was kinda shitty in that seattle game, but it was ok in the game against the Ravens where he initially fucked it up. You are correct that he never learned how to properly slide which I guess you can put on the coaches, but......you're an NFL QB.....you should know how to slide.

His 2nd year they tried to keep him in the pocket more to keep him from getting destroyed and he just couldn't go through progressions and find the open WR. You can blame the OL, but there were more times where the line gave him plenty of time and he couldn't find the receiver and got sacked than there were times where the line just got beat and he got sacked.

Reel

Community Liaison
Dude just called Lamar Jackson "terribad". I think we can write off any opinions he has regarding what he sees on the football field.

-YTC

im getting to that

my point was, he compared him to RG3, who, imo, never got a fair chance in DC

if those three things i listed arent a factor for Jackson, im interested to see what he thinks will contribute to him not being a good qb on the pro level.

I mean, yeah, he could end up in a system, like RG3 that just fucked him over year after year until he was no longer on the team, but aside from that, what else?

Wolfman21

-YTC

lol, i've watched him in person 3 times and i've watched him on more than that occasion on tv since hes in the ACC. Hes not a great QB. Hes a below average passer. You can disagree all you want. Its true

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
lol, i've watched him in person 3 times and i've watched him on more than that occasion on tv since hes in the ACC. Hes not a great QB. Hes a below average passer. You can disagree all you want. Its true

I believe that you believe that.

-YTC

bruin

Also, lulz at nobody mentioning the $$cap space KC will save. Chiefs are about to become the most intriguing team in the league. Look at that offensive talent. Now with Berry back+ Peters+ Fuller. Super Bowl favorites by 2019.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Ma'Homes got ARM TALENT but I wouldn't put much stock into beating a checked out Denver team in the last game of the season

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@bruin I will take any $50 Ma'homes bet that you care to money mount. There's no way he ends up being measurably/objectively as good as Smith was for the Chiefs. Lets set some official criteria for this bet!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Again, here are Smith's stats while at KC

Regular Season:
5/5 winning seasons
4/5 playoff seasons
QB Record = 50-26 (0.658)
Completion Percentage = 65.1%
TD/INT = 102/33 = 3.09
AYA (adjusted yards per attempt) = 7.5
Rating = 94.8

Playoffs:
QB Record = 1-4 but that's not Smith's fault. Everyone knows KC is cursed so I'm not worried. Ma'homes will have to deal with the same curse!
Completion Percentage = 64.9%
TD/INT = 9/2 = 4.5
AYA = 7.2
Rating = 96.0

In which of these areas do you predict Ma'homes will be better?

I know you're obsessed with the fact that Smith couldn't make it to the AFC Championship game, so if the Chiefs make it to the AFC Championship with Ma'homes I'll send you $50 regardless.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ma'Homes got ARM TALENT but I wouldn't put much stock into beating a checked out Denver team in the last game of the season

The best part is that amazing performance would have been the 2nd worst start of Smith's season, lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Again, here are Smith's stats while at KC

Regular Season:
5/5 winning seasons
4/5 playoff seasons
QB Record = 50-26 (0.658)
Completion Percentage = 65.1%
TD/INT = 102/33 = 3.09
AYA (adjusted yards per attempt) = 7.5
Rating = 94.8

Playoffs:
QB Record = 1-4 but that's not Smith's fault. Everyone knows KC is cursed so I'm not worried. Ma'homes will have to deal with the same curse!
Completion Percentage = 64.9%
TD/INT = 9/2 = 4.5
AYA = 7.2
Rating = 96.0

In which of these areas do you predict Ma'homes will be better?

I know you're obsessed with the fact that Smith couldn't make it to the AFC Championship game, so if the Chiefs make it to the AFC Championship with Ma'homes I'll send you $50 regardless.

Is there a measure of checkdown percentage or something. Because Mahomes is Grossman to the max in the FUCK IT, I'M GOING DEEP school.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Is there a measure of checkdown percentage or something. Because Mahomes is Grossman to the max in the FUCK IT, I'M GOING DEEP school.

This is a great example of group think. I know Smith has that reputation, but he was 2nd in the league in yards per attempt last season.... (first in adjusted yards/attempt). He was even top 10 in yards/completion. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM?

CJ_24

I saw an article once that looked at average yards per completion to determine checkdown artistry. IIRC the dividing line was 7 yards per completion. QB's who averaged above 7 would go deep more frequently. Apparently it provides a useful correlation for who the consistently good/successful qbs will be.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Bruin just wet because he's been watching Checkdown Charlie for so long, Ma'Homes is the total opposite of that therefore hawt bae

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is a great example of group think. I know Smith has that reputation, but he was 2nd in the league in yards per attempt last season.... (first in adjusted yards/attempt). He was even top 10 in yards/completion. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM?

Show me air yards per attempt instead of YPA.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
im getting to that

my point was, he compared him to RG3, who, imo, never got a fair chance in DC

if those three things i listed arent a factor for Jackson, im interested to see what he thinks will contribute to him not being a good qb on the pro level.

I mean, yeah, he could end up in a system, like RG3 that just fucked him over year after year until he was no longer on the team, but aside from that, what else?

You must not have been paying any attention to the NFL in 2012 and 2013. RG3, the coach killer, was pretty much running the FORESKINZ after the 2012 season and was given free reign to do whatever he wanted. He couldn't read a defense at all and could only hit receivers that were Big 12 "Baylor open". The second his knee went everyone involved not named Dan Snyder knew the guy was done as an NFL level quarterback.

Lamar Jackson is pretty much Jake Locker without the injuries. Undersized, weak arm, quick to scramble, makes weaker opponents pay but gets killed by guys that are on his level. Great college player against tier two teams but has very little chance to succeed in the NFL. Not quite Johnny Foozbawl or RG3 level bust but I'd be shocked if he didn't have an NFL career closer to the one Troy Smith had or maybe Locker.